Don't have an account? Create one!

Early Sunsets Over Monroeville

AuthorMessage
KateConspiracy
Killjoy
KateConspiracy
July 21st, 2007 at 07:56am
When I first heard Early Sunsets over Monroeville I thought it was about a couple who were in love, but something happened in their town and one of them was turned into a vampire, and the other didn't know what to do, whether to end the others life before they could hurt someone or to let them change and become horrible.
When i found out it was about the movie Dawn of the Dead i thought... how off could you be?
XD
ha,
Geesus i like my idea better.
Helena'sGhOsT
Jazz Hands
Helena'sGhOsT
July 23rd, 2007 at 06:43pm
suzi SCHLEPROK!:
Gerard wrote this song about the movie, Dawn of the Dead, where zombies are attacking the planet and terrorizing people in a mall.

Just like my favorite scenes and Just like upon the screen imply that he was indeed writing about the movie.

And the whole time while always giving
Counting your face among the living

He is unaware that she will pass to the other side and become a zombie (living dead).

Up and down escelators
Pennies and colder fountains
Elevators and half-priced sales
Trapped in by all these mountains

This signifies that they are in the mall.

Not knowing you'd change from just one bite
I held them all off just to hold you close and tight.

Here is where she gets infected. She has been bitten, perhaps not quite fatally and he doesn't know that she will necessarily turn into a zombie.

But does anyone notice?
But does anyone care?
And if I had the guts to put this to your head...
(a gun to kill her. A bullet to the brain and burining is the only way to permenantly kill a zombie.)
But would anything matter if you're already dead?
(She has turned into a zombie now)
And should I be shocked now by the last thing you said?
Before I pull this trigger
Your eyes vacant and stained...

And in saying you loved me
Made things harder at best.
(They were in love and it is clearly very difficult to kill her for her sake and his own.)
And these words changing nothing
As your body remains
And there's no room in this hell
There's no room in the next
(It was said in DotD that a reverend believed that zombies were Satan's damned and that there were so many people who had gone to hell, that it poured over to walk the earth.)
And our memories deafeat us
And I'll end this direst
(He's remembering what their life was like and how it could have been. He's thinking: "I love her. But it will never be the same. If I think about how it was before, I'm sure to let her "live", and that would kill me too. I have to do it. I have to put her to rest." )

Does anyone notice
There's a corpse in this bed?

He has to do it himself. There is nothing to it.
It is a hard decisioin, to kill his loved one.

dude i totally agree with u!!!!!!!!!!
the undead love
Killjoy
the undead love
July 24th, 2007 at 01:27am
suzi SCHLEPROK!:
Gerard wrote this song about the movie, Dawn of the Dead, where zombies are attacking the planet and terrorizing people in a mall.

Just like my favorite scenes and Just like upon the screen imply that he was indeed writing about the movie.

He is unaware that she will pass to the other side and become a zombie (living dead).

Up and down escelators

Here is where she gets infected. She has been bitten, perhaps not quite fatally and he doesn't know that she will necessarily turn into a zombie.

But does anyone notice?
But does anyone care?
(a gun to kill her. A bullet to the brain and burining is the only way to permenantly kill a zombie.)

(They were in love and it is clearly very difficult to kill her for her sake and his own.)
As your body remains
(It was said in DotD that a reverend believed that zombies were Satan's damned and that there were so many people who had gone to hell, that it poured over to walk the earth.)
And I'll end this direst
(He's remembering what their life was like and how it could have been. He's thinking: "I love her. But it will never be the same. If I think about how it was before, I'm sure to let her "live", and that would kill me too. I have to do it. I have to put her to rest." )

Does anyone notice

bloody amazing man one of the best realy!! Clap
holidayxmisery
Killjoy
holidayxmisery
July 26th, 2007 at 01:01am
okay...
I could never interpret these lyrics well
Toronado
Bleeding on the Floor
Toronado
July 27th, 2007 at 10:06am
When I first heard the song, I thought it was about a couple who are so deeply in love that they forget everything else. (Then holding hands and life was perfect and Running away and hiding with you). But the guy goes crazy, and tries to get his girlfriend out of this imperfect world (And there's no room in this hell/There's no room in the next), and kills her to sort of put her out of the misery that he thinks she has. She begs him not to (And in saying you loved me/Made things harder at best/And these words changing nothing) but he ignores her and kills her (And if I had the guts to put this to your head../But does anything matter if you're already dead?/And should I be shocked now by the last thing you said?) and then kills himself to be with her in a perfect world (But does anyone notice there's a corpse in this bed?)

But then I saw Dawn of the Dead... and there were just too many coincidences... I like it both ways, it's a fantastic song no matter what it's about.
the undead love
Killjoy
the undead love
July 28th, 2007 at 01:55pm
man you're fucking right this is a fantastic song and what's "keep the faith for frankie"?
I Loves Frank Iero
Killjoy
I Loves Frank Iero
July 30th, 2007 at 05:34am
suzi SCHLEPROK!:

Up and down escelators

But does anyone notice?
But does anyone care?

As your body remains
And I'll end this direst

Does anyone notice

That was amazing !
Fkn AYE !

PS!

GO ZOMBIESImage
Vacant3by4
Jazz Hands
Vacant3by4
August 16th, 2007 at 12:34am
I think in the begining, life is fine for the two lovers and then an unfortunate event happens to shake their world, i get the immpression the girl gets bitten by a vampire and he tried to protect her, but nothing cuold be done.
he is totally lost and feels totally alone, with nothing or anyone left.

thats what i think anyway.
INowPronounceYouDead
Thinking Happy Thoughts
INowPronounceYouDead
August 26th, 2007 at 07:59am
Ha the site says it was written about the movie.."dawn of the dead"..and now the song actually makes since to me..even tho i flippin hate that movie>.< lol..oh well makes for a good MCR song^_^
Green Faerie
Salute You in Your Grave
Green Faerie
September 3rd, 2007 at 11:05pm
Ok, I agree that it makes alot of sense for the song to be wrote as a result of watching the movie Dawn of The Dead.

But that seems a little surface level to me... Clearly the song is about two lovers which puts a different spin on the whole Zombie storyline. Is there a Love portion to Dawn of The Dead? Or did the writer of the song fabricate the thought of two lovers being put in this awful position? Kind of Romeo and Juliet if the two feuding families were monsters and living people, Lol.

It seems to me that Zombies could be a metaphor for something, it is possible. Can anyone think of any situations where killing a loved one to save them from a worse fate could sound right in this song. Things coming to my mind include terminal illness, and alzheimer's (I think the whole 'Vacant eyes' would be very suited to this concept as well) This song also reminds me of
'Of Mice and Men', where a friend has to kill another because other people will kill him and make it hurt.

Now i'm not saying this song is about those things, but I believe that anyone can interpret the concept of Zombies to mean anything else.
Bleeding Dry
Bleeding on the Floor
Bleeding Dry
September 11th, 2007 at 09:43pm
The dawn of the dead thing is excellent Clap

Ive always thought its some sort of beautiful agressive love song, and I had thought, foolishly before the dawn of the dead thing Embarassed that maybe the "not knowing youd change from just one bite" thing was a reference to Gerard's view on vampires. he had always said that vampires are just like a metaphor for people who can suck the life out of you...
Maybe he was trying to love her in secret and keep her shielded from all of the pressing onlookers, but she got "infected" = "talked to" and she stopped seeing him.

Sorry, read the ballad: Porphyria's Lover. Does this remind anyone else of it, if you've read it? This guy's mind is flicking all over the place, loving her and then hating her and then eventually strangling her so he can keep her loving him forever. Im not saying it was written about the Ballad at all, it just bears similarities. Any thoughts? Very Happy
CarcinogenCrush
Jazz Hands
CarcinogenCrush
September 12th, 2007 at 03:46am
INowPronounceYouDead:
Ha the site says it was written about the movie.."dawn of the dead"..and now the song actually makes since to me..even tho i flippin hate that movie>.< lol..oh well makes for a good MCR song^_^

I hate that movie too. It's icky.
Day Of The Dead
Salute You in Your Grave
Day Of The Dead
September 16th, 2007 at 12:19am
suzi SCHLEPROK!:

Up and down escelators

But does anyone notice?
But does anyone care?

As your body remains
And I'll end this direst

Does anyone notice

Cheese
Dude, I totally agree with you. Thats the best interpretation I've eve3r heard for this song!!
YAY!
Go you!
xxxx
howrie
Killjoy
howrie
December 6th, 2007 at 03:29am
great song.....written about a great movie...i wished they played this and some of their stuff from bullets live....oh well.....i can see why they dont....i mean the posers would have no idea how it goes
sammy-pink_hair
Killjoy
sammy-pink_hair
December 11th, 2007 at 05:23am
i think that its about dawn of the dead (the old one)
because that is one of gerards favorite movie ^_^
SlitForFallenAngel
Killjoy
SlitForFallenAngel
December 12th, 2007 at 04:08am
This song is great...What a pity I havent seen the movie...
Helmee Bluth
In The Murder Scene
Helmee Bluth
December 19th, 2007 at 08:58pm
I've always thought this song was about him killing his girl and having remorse. I don't think the whole song is about "Dawn of the Dead". (Remember when he says "just like my favorite scenes"?) I think he's just using the movie as a metaphor. And I'm not saying it's only about one thing, because I know most MYCHEM. songs aren't. This is what I think.
Diana_a7x
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Diana_a7x
December 25th, 2007 at 08:30pm
sammy-pink_hair:
i think that its about dawn of the dead (the old one)
because that is one of gerards favorite movie ^_^

Is there a way to prove this?
Cyanide Romance
Killjoy
Cyanide Romance
February 13th, 2008 at 12:02am
i pretty much have to agree with heartquake, its pretty much that
ReyXGoesXRawrX
Killjoy
ReyXGoesXRawrX
March 5th, 2008 at 07:00pm
Okay well this song is written about the movie Dawn Of The Dead, which is about zombies terrorizing the world. And in the movie the main characters are stuck in a mall. The lines "Up and down escalators" and "pennies and colder fountains" is kind of a dead give away that it's a mall. The line "I fought them all off just to hold you close and tight" is basically saying that whomever would fight the zombies off just to hold their loved ones close.