Don't have an account? Create one!

Headfirst For Halos

AuthorMessage
pitchforkred
Killjoy
pitchforkred
January 2nd, 2007 at 08:58pm
i think this song is about suicdie. "just think happpy thoughts" and not to do it.
Tway
Killjoy
Tway
January 9th, 2007 at 10:45am
I think that it is about going back and fixing your mistakes if i am looking for the deeper meaning. But if You are looking for the shallow or obveous meaning, it's about drugs.
rachi_left4deadx_x
Motor Baby
rachi_left4deadx_x
January 9th, 2007 at 01:39pm
Drugs, yeah. I think that a lot of theses lyrics are metaphors.
Burned Pages
Killjoy
Burned Pages
January 17th, 2007 at 05:51pm
It sounds like hes in love too... so much he describs it as halos...(when theres low oxygen in the air and you get dizzy and weird <Think Happy Thoughts...>Wink
Rachelle_5
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Rachelle_5
January 18th, 2007 at 10:53am
I think the idea of headfirst for halos is that he's doing these drugs, and the lifestyle is going to kill him, so he is going headfirst for a halo, like he's going to die if he keeps it up. You know, like when you jump headfirst st somethin, it kinda means you do it fast, and he's in for a halo.
gerard's new wife
Killjoy
gerard's new wife
January 20th, 2007 at 12:08pm
Headfirst for halos is about someone going back in time to the start. he is angry with himself and wants to bang his head so hard that he blows his brains against the ceiling.
My-Radical-Toe-Dance
Killjoy
My-Radical-Toe-Dance
January 20th, 2007 at 05:23pm
Rachelle_5:
I think the idea of headfirst for halos is that he's doing these drugs, and the lifestyle is going to kill him, so he is going headfirst for a halo, like he's going to die if he keeps it up. You know, like when you jump headfirst st somethin, it kinda means you do it fast, and he's in for a halo.

that's smart ^^

and... I'm not sure if someone's already said this, but I got the impression he's doing drugs with someone else:

And we'll fly home,
We'll fly home,
You and I,
We'll fly home.

and I had to mention this Peter Pan reference:

Fall on your tongue like pixie dust just think happy thoughts

the pixie dust thing sounds funny since it's underneath:

And I think I'll blow my brains against the ceiling.
And as the fragments of my skull begin to fall

anyway, i'm getting off-track with what I wanted to say, the couple thing, he probably wants them to get through their suicidal troubles together and get help together
Gerardfanatic123
Killjoy
Gerardfanatic123
January 20th, 2007 at 09:13pm
the song is aBOUT PRIVATE SUICIDAL.
x_Scott_x
Killjoy
x_Scott_x
January 22nd, 2007 at 12:09pm
I really did think It was a (This is going to sound nerdy) reference to the film The Matrix.
I thought that, the red pill let Neo carry on as normal, so it might like, flying, Could mean he gets to carry on his life as normal, But if it's on about blowing his braiins against the ceiling, he can't want that. =/
But making more sense, the blue pill told Neo the truth, which would help him "fall" and see what a negative thing the world is.
I'm not entirely sure about this, clashing release dates might prove me wrong, I just thought seen as you were all on about Peter Pan that I dunno, there might've been some other film reference.
Plus I was interested, so maybe someone else is.
dread_cry999
Fabulous Killjoy
dread_cry999
January 26th, 2007 at 10:59pm
Gerard has come out and CLEARLY described this song before.
It began as a joke but they made it real. They made it work.
It's about being depressed and suicidal. The red and blue, flying and falling is about the anti-depressants and mood stabalizers. Red pills made him happy (anti-depressants) the blue pills calmed him, making his mood fall (anti-manias). In the end, he doesn't want people to abuse mood stabalizers or any drugs for that fact, he doesn't want anyone to commit suicide and he wants us all to be optimistic and think happier thoughts and NOT about death, suicide and depression.
xoxbabyxox
Fabulous Killjoy
xoxbabyxox
January 28th, 2007 at 04:32pm
i think the song is just about how if you are way to it to drugs or just depressed then suicide is not the answer. like if you kill your-self your dead but if you think happy thoughts and tell someone whats going on then you can live and it doesn't have to be bad. it talks about letting someone know so that they can help you and i think thats an important thing.
dread_cry999
Fabulous Killjoy
dread_cry999
January 29th, 2007 at 05:32pm
spot on spotedtiger3
xxHelena_627xx
Motor Baby
xxHelena_627xx
February 11th, 2007 at 12:12am
I don't know if this has been said but my friend said it had sort-of a Peter-Pan twist in it with the lines:'Pixie Dust' 'Think Happy Thoughts' We'll Fly Home' anyone else think so???
MCR FOB AFI
Killjoy
MCR FOB AFI
February 11th, 2007 at 01:16am
about suicide. Clap Clap Clap Crying or Very sad
Inertiatic Esp.
Bleeding on the Floor
Inertiatic Esp.
February 11th, 2007 at 07:15pm

Its about over medicating...

Pills if you will.
Satsugai
Killjoy
Satsugai
February 12th, 2007 at 07:12pm
Razorblade;;:
By the way, does any one know what
And the red one's make me fly
And the blue one's helf me fall

means?
Thanks.

“The red ones make me fly and the blue ones help me fall” refers to the anti-depressants or other drugs that [Gerard] was taking at the time. Hope that awnsers your question.
Headfirst-For-Halos
Killjoy
Headfirst-For-Halos
February 15th, 2007 at 08:11am
As everyone has already mentioned the song is about suicide. The way the lyrics are written makes it sound as if he's telling someone about his suicidal thoughts "Well lets go back to the middle of the day that starts it all, I cant begin to let you know just what I'm feeling..." and "Now honestly thats what I said to her, what I said to her..." And it almost sounds like "Think happy thoughts.." is what he/shes saying to herself.
I'm DEAD!
Joining The Black Parade
I'm DEAD!
February 20th, 2007 at 01:14pm
The red and blue thing is obviouly about drugs (Pills) that are made him have the mood swings and make him want to kill himself. Yeah that sounds about right.
IXPROMISE
Jazz Hands
IXPROMISE
February 20th, 2007 at 01:32pm
this song is about suicide and why he thinks he should do it
XXdrowning_lessonsXX
Killjoy
XXdrowning_lessonsXX
March 12th, 2007 at 04:53pm
i think the message of this song is very clear.
it's about suicide and drugs.

The red ones he took were uppers and the blue ones he took were downers "as these red ones make me fly and the blue ones help me fall" and he had to have both but when he took them together they made him suicidal "and i think i'll blow my brains against the ceiling" and his girlfriend didn't want him to harm himself but he want's to shoot himself and she's telling him to just think happy thoughts "think happy thoughts, think happy thoughts" or he thinks when he dies he'll be happier "just think happy thoughts and we'll fly home".

Basically I think it's about when Gerard was on drugs and they made him suicidal so he wanted to kill himself but everyone around him told him not to but he thought it would make him happier cause he wouldn't be depressed anymore.Thatz what I think itz about.