Don't have an account? Create one!

Headfirst For Halos

AuthorMessage
Plasmatic.
Bleeding on the Floor
Plasmatic.
March 15th, 2007 at 03:57pm
XXdrowning_lessonsXX:
i think the message of this song is very clear.
it's about suicide and drugs.

The red ones he took were uppers and the blue ones he took were downers "as these red ones make me fly and the blue ones help me fall" and he had to have both but when he took them together they made him suicidal "and i think i'll blow my brains against the ceiling" and his girlfriend didn't want him to harm himself but he want's to shoot himself and she's telling him to just think happy thoughts "think happy thoughts, think happy thoughts" or he thinks when he dies he'll be happier "just think happy thoughts and we'll fly home".

Basically I think it's about when Gerard was on drugs and they made him suicidal so he wanted to kill himself but everyone around him told him not to but he thought it would make him happier cause he wouldn't be depressed anymore.Thatz what I think itz about.

i totally agree with that!!
thinkhappythoughts-x
Killjoy
thinkhappythoughts-x
March 16th, 2007 at 08:06pm
This song has done great things to some people.
I am one. Im now so grateful and happy.
I love this song!!
thinkhappythoughts-x
Killjoy
thinkhappythoughts-x
March 16th, 2007 at 08:06pm
This song has done great things to some people.
I am one. Im now so grateful and happy.
I love this song!!
Solitary Style.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Solitary Style.
March 27th, 2007 at 06:25pm
I've been on "red" and "blue" pills before. Before they actually begin to work, they make you even more suicidal--the first two weeks are the worst for pretty much everyone. I'd probably be dead now if I hadn't been in the mental hospital at the time. I liked the allegory about the eyes that someone tried to present; however, I don't think it fits.

As for the Peter Pan reference, I sort of figure that he is reminiscing about when life was happier--childhood. Peter Pan never grew up; he always remained a carefree child. Maybe Gerard wishes he could go back.

Brilliant song! It actually gets me pumped up, and puts me in a good mood every time I hear it.
heartache to sing
Bleeding on the Floor
heartache to sing
March 27th, 2007 at 07:08pm
I'm on anti-depressants so I can definetly identify with the flying and falling thing. That's just what different pills do to you.

It always reminded me of Peter Pan too though, with the stuff about pixie dust and flying home.

And yeah this song always cheers me up. It's impossible for me to be in a bad mood when I listen to it.
xMCRxISxLIFEx
Killjoy
xMCRxISxLIFEx
April 28th, 2007 at 01:53am
And the red one's make me fly
And the blue one's help me fall

Now i know that most sleeping pills are blue and "falling asleep" so i got that part
but maybe the red ones are a type of speed or different drug...
so maybe the song is indeed about suicde
but maybe its also about a someone with depression issuses...
and how most drugs won't help unless prescribed...
kurbst0mp_
Killjoy
kurbst0mp_
April 29th, 2007 at 03:54am
Solitary Style.:
I've been on "red" and "blue" pills before. Before they actually begin to work, they make you even more suicidal--the first two weeks are the worst for pretty much everyone. I'd probably be dead now if I hadn't been in the mental hospital at the time. I liked the allegory about the eyes that someone tried to present; however, I don't think it fits.

As for the Peter Pan reference, I sort of figure that he is reminiscing about when life was happier--childhood. Peter Pan never grew up; he always remained a carefree child. Maybe Gerard wishes he could go back.

Brilliant song! It actually gets me pumped up, and puts me in a good mood every time I hear it.
Gerard was in a production of Peter Pan when he was younger.
That probably makes a lot of sense.
My-Chemical-Gumby
Killjoy
My-Chemical-Gumby
April 30th, 2007 at 10:08pm
Maybe it's in reference to the matrix, you know like a quote or something. cos of what morpheous tells neo. Yeah well anyway, u guys know what the song means to you and that's all that should mater really...
XVampireX
Joining The Black Parade
XVampireX
April 30th, 2007 at 10:46pm
at first i thought this song was about being high but then i realized its about telling ur self that life is never that bad. suicide is never the answer, and i agree, its not.
this personaly is my favorite MCR song.
CHLOEE
Killjoy
CHLOEE
May 1st, 2007 at 04:48pm
right..
i think this song is about keeping happy through depression
like always thinking happy thoughts because they'll get you through it.
and to not give in.
Dr. Manhattan
Bleeding on the Floor
Dr. Manhattan
May 5th, 2007 at 02:32am
This song definatly has
a positive message, no matter how
fucked up shit gets. Just "Think Happy
Thoughts". Killing yourself, solves
nothing.
Im-ThE-nEw-CaNcEr
Killjoy
Im-ThE-nEw-CaNcEr
May 7th, 2007 at 05:22pm
well i think its about commiting suicide and thinking about earlier that day or past life
asshole.
Jazz Hands
asshole.
May 12th, 2007 at 12:54am
Whitney.:

By the way, does any one know what
And the blue one's helf me fall

means?
Thanks.

i'm pretty sure it means uppers and downers.
as in drugs.
some drugs [uppers] get you all up and going... like someone else said, narcotics. kinda like coke... which gerard did.
and some are made to kinda take the edge off of the uppers. which is like his xanax.
im actually pretty sure that gerard explained once how he mixed those two together exactly for that purpose... it wasn't just some random combination to get high.

i also kinda got an alice in wonderland feel with that line... you know, alice getting bigger and smaller.
which kinda goes with the whole fantasy aspect of the CD.

as for the entire song,
we all know that when gerard was doing these uppers and downers, he got pretty suicidal.
see? it all ties in.
i think he was also getting frustrated with the fact that he has to control the way he feels like that... take some coke, go up; and then down again with some xanax.
up and down, up and down.
he cant really explain how he is feeling to the girl he loves,
so he is being pretty sarcastic.
"Well, I think i'll blow my brains agains the ceiling."
maybe he also lied a bit... or stretched the truth.
like when it says "we'll fly home."
maybe he said, oh... it'll be alright.
and HE cant even get over the fact that she is falling for it.
"Now honestly, that's what I said to her."
maybe it's the same girl from honey, this mirror...
so that explains why he is lying/trying to put on a good boy act.
since that song is about a disapproving girlfriend that he is angry with.
asshole.
Jazz Hands
asshole.
May 12th, 2007 at 10:01am
as i think about it now, though, it seems as if the shooting himself thing works better...
i dont know, maybe that is also a metaphor having to do with him getting sick of it all.
i just like to think of the song as sarcastic, since there is so much sarcasm in the lyrics, and even in the fact that it is such poppy music combined with morbid lyrics.
Catastrophic Dreams
Jazz Hands
Catastrophic Dreams
May 13th, 2007 at 01:34pm
HIHIHIHIHI:
Whitney.:

By the way, does any one know what
And the blue one's helf me fall

means?
Thanks.

i'm pretty sure it means uppers and downers.
as in drugs.
some drugs [uppers] get you all up and going... like someone else said, narcotics. kinda like coke... which gerard did.
and some are made to kinda take the edge off of the uppers. which is like his xanax.
im actually pretty sure that gerard explained once how he mixed those two together exactly for that purpose... it wasn't just some random combination to get high.

i also kinda got an alice in wonderland feel with that line... you know, alice getting bigger and smaller.
which kinda goes with the whole fantasy aspect of the CD.

as for the entire song,
we all know that when gerard was doing these uppers and downers, he got pretty suicidal.
see? it all ties in.
i think he was also getting frustrated with the fact that he has to control the way he feels like that... take some coke, go up; and then down again with some xanax.
up and down, up and down.
he cant really explain how he is feeling to the girl he loves,
so he is being pretty sarcastic.
"Well, I think i'll blow my brains agains the ceiling."
maybe he also lied a bit... or stretched the truth.
like when it says "we'll fly home."
maybe he said, oh... it'll be alright.
and HE cant even get over the fact that she is falling for it.
"Now honestly, that's what I said to her."
maybe it's the same girl from honey, this mirror...
so that explains why he is lying/trying to put on a good boy act.
since that song is about a disapproving girlfriend that he is angry with.

I completly agree
MCR FREAK
Fabulous Killjoy
MCR FREAK
May 20th, 2007 at 12:40pm
About wanting to commit suicde.

The bit at the en ;'think ahppy thought...' is said repeatedly to try and help depressed people.
yellow
Joining The Black Parade
yellow
May 23rd, 2007 at 10:27pm
i think this song is about suicide hence"the red ones make me fly and the blue ones help me fall"
Mr. Green it reminds me of peter pan
James Euringer
Bleeding on the Floor
James Euringer
May 26th, 2007 at 05:01pm
i love this song and its gets me in and out of a lot of moods....
Deleted
Salute You in Your Grave
Deleted
May 27th, 2007 at 10:15am
It does remind me of Matrix...

The song brings up those depressed people.. Saying like, Gee knows what it's like and teaches the others how to get over them..

a good booster song.. Can make you a least happy for yourself...
Amanda Young
Bleeding on the Floor
Amanda Young
May 27th, 2007 at 10:43am
Solar-Powered Genie:
XXdrowning_lessonsXX:
i think the message of this song is very clear.
it's about suicide and drugs.

The red ones he took were uppers and the blue ones he took were downers "as these red ones make me fly and the blue ones help me fall" and he had to have both but when he took them together they made him suicidal "and i think i'll blow my brains against the ceiling" and his girlfriend didn't want him to harm himself but he want's to shoot himself and she's telling him to just think happy thoughts "think happy thoughts, think happy thoughts" or he thinks when he dies he'll be happier "just think happy thoughts and we'll fly home".

Basically I think it's about when Gerard was on drugs and they made him suicidal so he wanted to kill himself but everyone around him told him not to but he thought it would make him happier cause he wouldn't be depressed anymore.Thatz what I think itz about.

i totally agree with that!!

Agree 100%