Don't have an account? Create one!

Helena

AuthorMessage
mcrfreak2980
Killjoy
mcrfreak2980
August 31st, 2007 at 03:48am
I really loved this song. I read that after the girl rises from the coffin and dances scene gerard had to leave the set because he started to cry.
Cloud Strife.
Banned
Cloud Strife.
October 1st, 2007 at 01:06pm
Aww... Y'know, he really relates to the song, cause, duh! It's about his most dear grandma...
Rouge
Killjoy
Rouge
October 5th, 2007 at 05:26am
For his grandmas passing on. This video is what caused my infatuation of him. Giggy!
lil_Mizz_Vampiera
Killjoy
lil_Mizz_Vampiera
October 6th, 2007 at 05:14pm
i love this song and if you understand it, its rilly sad
Liek teh lulz!
Salute You in Your Grave
Liek teh lulz!
October 7th, 2007 at 12:25pm
Rouge:
For his grandmas passing on. This video is what caused my infatuation of him. Giggy!

Hehehe...me too ya' know.

But yeah, Helena really is about their Grandma that died.
zephyr_zealot
Killjoy
zephyr_zealot
October 7th, 2007 at 05:40pm
I love this song...It haunts me everytime when I'm alone...remembering my grandmother who had died too...anyway...Helena is such a meaningful song for somebody to remember their loved ones that had died...
Alixx_MCR
Killjoy
Alixx_MCR
October 8th, 2007 at 09:10pm
aww i luv how gee luvs his grandma!!
xD
Alixx_MCR
Killjoy
Alixx_MCR
October 8th, 2007 at 09:10pm
aww i luv how gee luvs his grandma!!
xD
xXBlackRevengexX
Killjoy
xXBlackRevengexX
October 12th, 2007 at 12:42am
THis is the song that always cheer me up, and it is about the death of Gerard and Mickey's grandmother!
Blood Stained Eyes
Killjoy
Blood Stained Eyes
October 18th, 2007 at 01:47pm
The first time I heard this song I wasn't in to MCR I just liked the song and considering I was young I didn't pay attention to who played it.But the song is basicly about Gerard and Mikey's grandma,Elena's death.I felt bad for them because thier grandma was important to them.
Cloud Strife.
Banned
Cloud Strife.
October 19th, 2007 at 08:21am
Yeah. This is my favorite song. Not only is it meaningful, but it's also inspiring.
Famous Living Dead
Fabulous Killjoy
Famous Living Dead
October 19th, 2007 at 06:21pm
i LOVE that song.. the video is so beautiful and Gerard is almost crying... Sad but it's a great song..
fun ghoul
In a Bullet's Embrace
fun ghoul
October 20th, 2007 at 03:44pm
when someone dies, a person falls into deep depression, he thinks that he wants to follow that person to wherever he went. but decides he wants to remain the world after all, "well if you carry on this way, things are better if I stay."
I love this song, a great meaning.
RainbOwJOey
Killjoy
RainbOwJOey
November 1st, 2007 at 01:09am
This music really makes me feel weird...
Every time I listen, I feel a need to cry...
I know how it feels to lose someone you love so much...
This music is so f****** inspiring..........

I LOVE IT
jared leto.
Awake and Unafraid
jared leto.
February 2nd, 2008 at 12:40pm
RIP Elena Lee Rush
cemetaryprotestlead
Killjoy
cemetaryprotestlead
February 2nd, 2008 at 09:39pm
Actually i've come to hear that this song is about a girl he was in love with that past away. They argued a lot! because of all the drugs and alcohol, so it got ugly. That's why he says " like the hearse you die to get in AGAIN" again because she's been hurt before in their relationship. When he says "and like the blade you stain, well i've been holdin on tonight", he talkin bout how he almost killed himself when she died, but didn't "things are better if I stay" he knew that not what she would've wanted. "Can we pretend to leave and then, we'll meet again when both our cars collide" He talkin bout how he wishes it was all a dream, or that life would just rewind and they would re-meet and he could stop it (he prays for it in the video). Then the balarina was because his GF loved to dance, I believe she was a balarina when she was a little girl. (It's most likely the girl he met in high school - I'm not okay-)
x-demolition-lover-
Killjoy
x-demolition-lover-
February 7th, 2008 at 12:20am
This ones easy!!
Its a tribute to Gerard and Mikeys Grandma Elena when she died, her friends called her 'Helena' as a nickname.
I also think this song was kinda like therepy for Gerard, Just like getting it out into the open to say like the final goodbye... Its a really sweet song! Very Happy
MissFrankIero2
Killjoy
MissFrankIero2
February 8th, 2008 at 03:29pm
This was the first MCR song I ever saw the music video to, which I now watch about 3 or 4 times in a week.
bitchybmcr
Killjoy
bitchybmcr
February 9th, 2008 at 07:13am
an AWESUME song..it's a tribute to mikey's and gerard's grandma elena whom they called helena..
Switchblade Saint
Salute You in Your Grave
Switchblade Saint
February 9th, 2008 at 09:23am
mcrfreak2980:
I really loved this song. I read that after the girl rises from the coffin and dances scene gerard had to leave the set because he started to cry.

AWWWW (runs ff sobbing for awhile)

(comes back) i wish i could hv been there 2 hug him!

i actually really resonate with the line, "What's the worst that I could say"...this may not be related to the song, but personally I think of it when i try to giv someone my condolences that their beloved has passed away, but then feel silly bcoz there's no way my puny words could make a dent in their grief at that moment. "Since it's better if I stay" ...it's kind of like, "i'll be there for you if u need anything, but im not going to whisper meaningless words of cmfort just for the sake of it"

just a side interpretation. feel free to shoot me down, but thats just what i feel. may not belong in this thread but its true