Don't have an account? Create one!

Helena

AuthorMessage
GerardsBbyGurl
Killjoy
GerardsBbyGurl
March 17th, 2008 at 11:40am
OMG i love this song! And what's weird is,, Gee's Grandma was named Elena, and my name is Alayna, same pronunciation! Cool, huh?
Hellia
Killjoy
Hellia
March 17th, 2008 at 03:24pm
This is the first song of MCR which I heard. Also I saw video. After watching I said: Wow. I love them!!! And I became a fan of MCR. And this song my brother like too. It is very rarely when we like something together (except F1 and football).
mcrfourteen
Killjoy
mcrfourteen
March 20th, 2008 at 04:51am
When did his grandmother pass away? I thought she passed away in 2006
I'm Not Okay90
Fabulous Killjoy
I'm Not Okay90
March 29th, 2008 at 12:18am
Helena, as everyone knows, is a homage to Gerard and Mikey's Grandma. They refer to her as Helena but i'm not sure if that's her real name. Gerard also said that it also was about how he didn't spend enough time with''Helena'' before she died. He stated that this was a very gloomy and bleak video shoot, but it had to be. This video features Tracy Phillips playing 'Helena' as she as she is ascending into her final resting place. She is seen awakening before she is taken to her final resting place.
xhead1st4halos94x
Fabulous Killjoy
xhead1st4halos94x
March 30th, 2008 at 03:04pm
I noticed there's also a misfits song called helena, does any one else think that might have influenced the name of the song a little?
mikey_needs_hugs30
Killjoy
mikey_needs_hugs30
April 5th, 2008 at 04:38pm
I love this song...It was the first one by them I'd ever heard and i fell in love with them immidiatly...they put so much emotion into their songs and i love it! but I love the meaning behind this song...It was about losing his(gerard) grandmother and how badly it had hurt and affect him...while also the song can also speak to anyone...saying basically that even if they are gone and moved or...lost...even...that you can keep living through it all...and in the end you'll always see eachother again...no matter what.
Bittersweet Spell
Killjoy
Bittersweet Spell
April 5th, 2008 at 06:34pm
I love this song. And i dont know if the mistfits version of helena influnced them or not. It could of helped
xhead1st4halos94x
Fabulous Killjoy
xhead1st4halos94x
April 7th, 2008 at 09:43pm
idk if the song itself influenced it.... lol that song is a bit... ummm.... violent? lol i just though since their grandmothers name was elena and not helena maybe the misfits song kinda pushed them to name it that instead... idk in a way to me its a bit of a tribute to the misfits in that sense, (the misfits=pwnage)
Bloody Day2369
Killjoy
Bloody Day2369
April 11th, 2008 at 11:23pm
Everyone MUST KNOW THIS...
Gerard and Mikey made Helena as a tribute to their grandmother.
xXrevengeXx
Killjoy
xXrevengeXx
April 29th, 2008 at 03:45am
yeah the obvious is its a tribute to their grandmother
asouldivided
Killjoy
asouldivided
May 1st, 2008 at 02:07pm
I know that it was written as a tribute to their grandmother, but I feel like it wasn't meant to be narrowly interpreted just for that purpose. To me it seems as though it is about losing a piece of yourself, either through death of a loved one or maybe even death of a piece of yourself.
Hanhan
Killjoy
Hanhan
July 28th, 2008 at 05:33pm
I'm sorry if this is long.

[Long ago/Just like the hearse you die to get in again/We are so far from you]
This means that Elena feels so far away, and that he feels Elena would die, even though she is already dead.

[Burning on just like a match you strike to incinerate/The lives of everyone you know]
This is almost a metaphor for the way people can light up your life... and for Gerard his grandmother is the queen of this art.

[And what's the worst you take/From every heart you break/And like the blade you stain/Well I've been holding on tonight]
This is almost a rhetorical question - implying that his grandmother never meant to hurt anybody, although maybe she did sometimes.

[What's the worst that I could say/Things are better if I stay/So long and goodnight/So long and goodnight]
This is also a question to his grandmother, asking why he didn't spend more time with the granny he owed so much.

[Came a time/When every star fall brought you to tears again/We are the very hurt you sold]
This says that, towards the end of her lifetime, his grandmother began to apreciate everything, knowing she did not have long. This reminds me of my own grandmother, who tells me she loves me whenever I see her - she is always afraid of Death.

[And if you carry on this way/
Things are better if I stay/So long and goodnight/So long and goodnight]
This says that if, maybe his grandmother's condition continues to deteriorate, he doesn't trust himself not to leave her.

[Can you hear me/Are you near me/Can we pretend to leave and then/We'll meet again/When both our cars collide]
This may be that his grandmother is in her final hours and not responding; the 'can you hear me' bit may be something you would say to someone dying. 'when both our cars collide' says that, maybe Gerard will see her in the afterlife.

I'm very sorry if this bored you, or was morbid - but that is how I percieve this.
Incognito.
Bleeding on the Floor
Incognito.
July 28th, 2008 at 08:46pm
Its a tribute to Gerard and Mikeys late grandmother Elena but Gerard also says it is like a letter to him from his conscious about not being there in the last like year of her life
monster-ray
Fabulous Killjoy
monster-ray
July 28th, 2008 at 10:37pm
gerard way and mikey ways grandma died thats the meaning of the song
EmoRockinMCR
Killjoy
EmoRockinMCR
August 1st, 2008 at 08:41pm
dis song is about elena gerard and micky way's dead (tears) grandma
BTW its called helena instead of elena because gerard thought it sounded cooler (he was right)http://www.imnotokay.net/data/board-smilies/icon_sad.gif
http://www.imnotokay.net/data/board-smilies/icon_sad.gif
valiumobsequy
Awake and Unafraid
valiumobsequy
August 15th, 2008 at 06:47pm
it's about gee's and mikey's grandmother ,at a show in houbroken NJ he was talking about the only time Elena heard them play(first+Last)
gerardmikey121
Killjoy
gerardmikey121
August 21st, 2008 at 11:03pm
i love this song.
gerardmikey121
Killjoy
gerardmikey121
i love this song.Very Happy
gerardmikey121
Killjoy
gerardmikey121
i love this song.Very Happy
NeverShoutNever!
Killjoy
NeverShoutNever!
August 28th, 2008 at 07:55pm
Clap this was the 1st song i ever heard from them and right then i KNEW i LOVED them Mr. Green