Don't have an account? Create one!

I Don't Love You

AuthorMessage
raggedy doctor
Shotgun Sinner
raggedy doctor
June 10th, 2007 at 03:31pm
I think he says : 'So fix your eyes and get up' because she needs to apply the mascara/eyeliner whatever again, so her make ups running down her face because shes crying
winchester.
Touched by Angels
winchester.
June 14th, 2007 at 08:46pm
i dunno what it is
like at first i thought it was like
you know him breaking up with someone and having a breakdown like 'would have the guts to say i dont love you like i loved you yesterday" like he is going off at whoever it is and stuff i dunno thats just the impression i got
ImNOTasexualperson
Killjoy
ImNOTasexualperson
June 15th, 2007 at 12:26am
it's about how when you need to move on don't pretend to feel something when you don't truly mean it because more than one person can get hurt.
skystiles.
Banned
skystiles.
June 15th, 2007 at 01:16am
I'm not so sure if it's about Gerard himself. But the song is pretty straightford. You can find the meaning by just reading the song title.
iMnOtOkAy.IpRoMiSe
Killjoy
iMnOtOkAy.IpRoMiSe
June 15th, 2007 at 10:46pm
This might be TOTALLY wrong, and sound really stupid, but I personally think it about an abusive relationship. Becuase it the song it says...
Sometimes I cry so hard from pleading
So sick and tired of all the needless beating
But baby when they knock you
Down and out
It's where you oughta stay
So saying "all the needless beatings" might say that someone is beating the other and the other is "pleading".
But that is just my opinion. It might also just be all metaphors. But I DO NOT think it is about Bert and Gerard.
BethanyBRUTAL
Thinking Happy Thoughts
BethanyBRUTAL
June 16th, 2007 at 12:28pm
Loserface.:
Well i think it's about a guy who loves a girl but is afraid to tell her how he feels. She tells him she's moving away and he's angry and upset that she doesn't even turn to say that she loves him. She comes back to his house to get some of her things back [Like her gloves] and he lashes out at her and she leaves. He's heartbroken and he remembers back to them in highschool and how she used to get beat up alot and he would help her when shewas down. [Hence the lyrics: "So sick and tired of all the needless beating" and "Baby when they knock you down and out, it's where you oughta stay" and "So fix your eyes and get up."]

That's just what i think anyway, i just thought it fit with some of the lyrics.
xemo_gurlx
Joining The Black Parade
xemo_gurlx
June 16th, 2007 at 01:24pm
its definately a personal song to him bcoz he looked really emotional in the video
Ickah
Killjoy
Ickah
June 21st, 2007 at 10:25pm
i thought it was about his ex-girlfriend eliza and he's telling her when she goes would she ever turn to say she doesnt love him like she did yesterday. thats probablly why he was so emotional during the video.
earth2themorgue
Bleeding on the Floor
earth2themorgue
June 22nd, 2007 at 06:22am
Old Gregg.:
I really doubt it's about Bert and Gerard. >.<
I think it's about Gerards ex-girl of 6 years who he eventually stopped loving.

nah i dont think its about her. cuz he said he broke up with her during the recording of TBP right? well if you watch LOTMS, you'll notice in one of the scenes, Gerard is sitting in the recording studio in the tourbus singing 'i dont love you'.
that must have been around 2004/05ish.
i think it was only late early 2006 that he realised he didnt love her anymore.
im loving the bert theory though.
FreeRadical
Killjoy
FreeRadical
June 24th, 2007 at 02:33pm
A Sharp Life:
Obviously Bert and Gerard were more than just friends. I think the relationship they had was not necessarily a sexual one, but more than friends, if you get what I'm saying.

Bert and Gerard had a very public "split-up", you could call it, and i think that Gerard definatly felt hurt. So why wouldn't he write a song about him?

Bert included Gerard in one The Used song, "lost my heart to a Chemical Romance" and just like rappers have song battles, why can't rockers?

Lordie. Take It Away was released while they were friends.
Not to mention, to whoever brought it up, the words aren't "You're still a good for nothing I'm not" it's "You're still a good for nothing I don't know."
The Almost
Killjoy
The Almost
June 28th, 2007 at 06:47am
and down we go.:
I was thinking it was about Bert too.
It's logical.

To me it was mostly the line:

"So get your gloves and get out."

Cause Bert always wears gloves. =/

Exactly.
And also when he says "So fix your eyes and get up" ... bert is still on drugs, he would have bloodshot eyes etc. That was my first thought.

Yep! It's most likely about Bert, but it could be about Gerard's girlfriend of six years...?
Crying or Very sad
famouslastwords_07
Killjoy
famouslastwords_07
June 29th, 2007 at 04:08am
it think the song is dedicated to his ex-gf, barbra think?
correct me if im wrong...^_^
famouslastwords_07
Killjoy
famouslastwords_07
June 29th, 2007 at 04:08am
&hearts
Mikey's_Glasses
Banned
Mikey's_Glasses
July 2nd, 2007 at 07:56am
the song is about his break-up with eliza
XxSKiTtLeS-R-sO-MexX
Fabulous Killjoy
XxSKiTtLeS-R-sO-MexX
July 3rd, 2007 at 11:28pm
about the bert and gerard thing i believe is true!! cuz i read an interview where bert and quin said that i believe the song Pretty Handsome Awkward was about this blong stupid guy!!!! and at the time gerard had just dye his hair blonde!!!!
Bobbi_hearts_14
Killjoy
Bobbi_hearts_14
July 4th, 2007 at 05:05pm
I LOve THat SOng! ITs COol! Dance
abovethepull
Killjoy
abovethepull
July 4th, 2007 at 09:31pm
"I Don't Love You" is a song dedicated to Gerard's ex-girlfriend. It's just about how she dumped him.
Dan.
Demolition Lover
Dan.
July 4th, 2007 at 11:44pm
xMCRmyx:
the song is about his break-up with eliza

How could it be about Eliza, when he broke up with her way after this song was written.
hiddenn.
Salute You in Your Grave
hiddenn.
July 4th, 2007 at 11:58pm
XxSKiTtLeS-R-sO-MexX:
about the bert and gerard thing i believe is true!! cuz i read an interview where bert and quin said that i believe the song Pretty Handsome Awkward was about this blong stupid guy!!!! and at the time gerard had just dye his hair blonde!!!!

That was a rumor. Strictly a rumor. I don't think Bert would say that in public.

I think it's about a break-up of someone's. It doesn't have to be directed at anyone.

A Sharp Life:
Bert included Gerard in one The Used song, "lost my heart to a Chemical Romance" and just like rappers have song battles, why can't rockers?

That was before the "falling out."
Btw, it was "lost all doubt in a chemical romance."
He was secretly refering to Gerard.

They could be having a song battle. It would make sense.
InsaneInsomniac
Killjoy
InsaneInsomniac
July 5th, 2007 at 09:54pm
In all honesty, I think this song comes from a temultuous relationship where the girl walked out on him, and he is daring her to turn around to him and tell him she doesn't love him.

You could also see it as him saying he doesn't love her in the same way as he used to - either he loves her more or her actions have made him see an ugly side to him.

A lot of the beating mentioned in the song could be emotional beatings - long distance relationships are suseptible to a lot of wierd emotions. Jealousy being the biggest one.