Don't have an account? Create one!

I Don't Love You

AuthorMessage
xImnotokay_trustmex
Killjoy
xImnotokay_trustmex
November 7th, 2007 at 06:06pm
I think it's about Gerard or someone leaving the band, and it's kind of told from a sad/angry fan's POV.

Well when you go
Don't ever think I'll make you try to stay

(The Fan is saying: "You wanna leave? Well I can't stop you)

And maybe when you get back
I'll be off to find another way

("If you ever come back, I'll be liking some other band"Wink

And after all this time that you still owe
You're still the good-for-nothing I don’t know

(The fan is saying that it's like a betrayal- that the band member left)

So take your gloves and get out
Better get out
While you can

(Frank, and occasionally Gerard wear gloves a lot.)

When you go
Would you even turn to say
"I don't love you
Like I did
Yesterday"

(I think that it means Gerard's just not feeling the same about Fans/fame any more, that he did when they first started. His ultimate passion for it has gone. "I don't love you like I did yesterday"Wink

Sometimes I cry so hard from pleading
So sick and tired of all the needless beating

(All the fans hate it when MCR are being "dissed" or insulted, for practically no reason)

But baby when they knock you
Down and out
It's where you oughta stay

(When it gets too much, the insults etc, the fan is suggesting that they should quit, before they get hurt or whatever.)

And after all the blood that you still owe
Another dollar's just another blow
So fix your eyes and get up

(Even the money wouldn't matter anymore, but they've worked so hard, that it seems a shame to throw it all away- but there's not really nothing left to stay for.)

Better get up
While you can

(Again, leave before you get hurt, or before the fans are really hurt by a band member leaving, or the band breaking up)
Whoa

When you go
"I don't love you
Like I did
Yesterday"

Well, come on. Come on

When you go
Would you have the guts to say
"I don't love you
Like I loved you
Yesterday"

I don't love you
Like I loved you
Yesterday

I don't love you
Like I loved you
Yesterday

++++++++++
That's my theory on it. I think it fits very well. I love MCR with all my heart, but I can't help thinking that this song is their way of saying that they're going through a rough patch, and are not sure if they can stay together.
Also, in the 'I Don't Love You' video, they smash their instruments up!
In a song that is clearly not violent!

Oh this made me sad Sad
What does anyone else think?
x
zamiranoh
Killjoy
zamiranoh
November 8th, 2007 at 07:22pm
Ehmm..Great song..I have been keep on repeating the songs for hours already..
From my opinion..The songs is trying to tell a story about a couple..a happy couple for years (And after all this time that you still owe)..but, the guy is a most wanted criminal (You're still the good-for-nothing I don't know
)..while the lady is just a normal lady who lives peacefully in their house? And yet, the lady had persuaded him to stop the business that he might dealing (Better get out,While you can)..maybe its about smuggling..so a smuggler he is.But he refused..because they need the money to live on and obviously for him to enjoy too..By persuading him many times until she had given up, he still continue without even think about the risk..(the second para) notice about the glove..I believe its the glove used by those smuggler..they do wear one right..the leather glove?
So continue to para 3 with the ("...i cry so hard from pleading.."Wink Well, obviously, the lady can't stand anymore with all the job that he done..and sometimes she even cried when pleading him not to go smuggling or doing any illegal business..but what did she get is only a bruise from the beating when the guy was mad at her (So sick and tired of all the needless beating)..But not everyday is a lucky day for the guy, because..one day..their house had been surrounded by police officers..a rumors spread in the neighbourhood saying that he is the most wanted smuggler..and many more wrong doing..and finally he had been captured (when they knock you down and out) and had been sentence in jail for around 20 years..maybe..So, the lady just thought that its the best way for him (It's where you oughta stay)
Continue with para 4. Its kinda telling what does the guy had done to the victims..yeah..in some business, he has to kill people..so he do owe the bloods of the person he had killed.. (And after all the blood that you still owe)...(Another dollar's just another blow), its kinda of the way he do the business.yeah..to get the money from the buyer or seller, he sometimes need to kill one party just the gain the profit from the winning party..(either the seller or buyer). (So fix your eyes and get up) this is the hope from the lady saying that he should learn and see clearly what he has done wrong previously..and dint ever give up on his life while he is been given a chance..because its just 20 years sentence in jail..not a death sentence, i believe by staying alive is far better than dead (Better get up While you can)
back to the first para, its the end of the story when the guy had been brought away by the police officers (Well, when you go)..but however, the lady had given up hopes to him because she dint want to risk her life anymore..where she planned on moving to a new and better place to stay..away from her worst nightmare (Don't ever think I'll make you try to stay,
And maybe when you get back, I'll be off to find another way)

And for the chorus part, i believe its some sort of their conversation during their last quarrel..(When you go,Would you even turn to say,"I don't love you,Like I did Yesterday"Wink same goes with (When you go, Would you have the guts to say,"I don't love you,Like I loved you Yesterday"Wink because the lady love had been faded by the time..because the guy didn't want to change..

ehmm..so..thats my opinion..well anyhow or anyway..everyone view is unique in your own way..MCR's rule!!

p/s sorry for the long story..great OST for a movie right
end_this_direst
Killjoy
end_this_direst
November 9th, 2007 at 04:45am
[quote="Killing_Jar"][quote="A Sharp Life"]Obviously Bert and Gerard were more than just friends. I think the relationship they had was not necessarily a sexual one, but more than friends, if you get what I'm saying.

Bert and Gerard had a very public "split-up", you could call it, and i think that Gerard definatly felt hurt. So why wouldn't he write a song about him?

Bert included Gerard in one The Used song, "lost my heart to a Chemical Romance" and just like rappers have song battles, why can't rockers?

And I agree with whoever said this before, about fixing your eyes, sounds like drugs to me. When Gerard and Bert met wasn't gerard either going through or just getting over those kind of problems?

I'm new to the board but I just had to point this out (I'm a big The Used fan) - the lyric is "lost all doubt in a chemical romance" not 'lost my heart to a chemical romance'.

Also, why does everyone on this board seem to think the lyrics is "you're still the good for nothing I'm not?" - the lyric is "you're still the good for nothing I don't know".

Gah. I'm glad that's out. Also, this song is totally about Bert. And most of the songs off The Used's new album are also blatantly about Gerard...or at least, they are in my world Smile
Liek teh lulz!
Salute You in Your Grave
Liek teh lulz!
November 9th, 2007 at 06:31am
Song meaings depends on how the person analyze the song. I would love to share a very stupid thing happened to me. I always listen to this song and I give attention to it, but I am not touched to it, because I never been in love before and I never had a boyfriend. But oneday, I was playing PS, and I'm not paying attention to the songs I hear from my mp3, then I Don't Love You was playing. I got sad for the meaning, I wanted to cry but I'm not that O.A. The meaning for me is like we all know it's about breaking up. Well, I got sad, because, the lyrics is saying that he loved someone so much that he can't live without her, that he'll die if the girl left him. That's why he wanted the girl to say "I don't love you like I did yesterday." So that he will feel nothing when they broke up, he'll feel that the girl didn't loved him anyway if the girl say those words. Because it's like the girl already said I hate you but in a little positive way - did you understand that? I'm sorry, but I did my best to express myself here. I'm not good in speaking english you know. Sad
MCR_Monster
Killjoy
MCR_Monster
November 12th, 2007 at 02:30am
Personally i love this song
and one of my friends said "it ruined MC R's career"
NO IT DID NOT!
This song shows that "yeah MCR can be a kick-ass punk band"
but at the same time they can be passionate.
MCR_Monster
Killjoy
MCR_Monster
November 12th, 2007 at 02:31am
LONG LIVE THE BLACK PARADE
neville longbottom.
Banned
neville longbottom.
November 22nd, 2007 at 06:05pm
I think this song is about an ex-girlfriend of the patient and how he is starting to think about the mistakes he made because he is dying and your life flashes before your eyes.
Deadliest_2_Lead
Killjoy
Deadliest_2_Lead
November 23rd, 2007 at 03:46am
(this is just my opinion it may be a load of crap to everyone else!)

I think it's possibly about someone who's a killer/playboy and their lover is having an argument with them and decided it was time for them to go after they slept with their last charlaton because they were fed up of their job and lifestyle and he/she felt as if they weren't loved as much as they were in the beginning of their relationship -

<b>'sometimes I cry so hard from pleading, so sick and tired of all the needless beatings'</b> this line is probably the lover begging them to stop the murders or begging them to give them more attention as their always out doing god knows what <b>'baby when they knock you down and out it's where you oughta stay'</b> sometimes that person might lose the fight and the lover is saying it's what they deserve - this is only an idea from a different perspective I have others but it'd be too much to write about lol
Deadliest_2_Lead
Killjoy
Deadliest_2_Lead
November 23rd, 2007 at 03:51am
did you understand that? I'm sorry, but I did my best to express myself here. I'm not good in speaking english you know. Sad

you explained it well, and we're very a like in the boyfriend world I'm still trying to find the one as well hehe, in my version of explaining this song I basically put a little odd bod story to it, but there are no right or wrongs to peoples opinions its just a lot of different perspectives of how others see it.

Emma xx
summer shudder
Killjoy
summer shudder
November 27th, 2007 at 07:37am
i was watching a vid on youtube and we gee waz singing this song he looked really sad. and a comment down the bottom said " this song really hurts him. when i was at one of their concerts he cried singing this" so, does anyone wanna tell me something i dont know?? ( leave a comment on mi page and i wil get bak 2 ya!)
Halifax.
Shotgun Sinner
Halifax.
November 27th, 2007 at 12:09pm
i guess this song tells a story about sum1 who finds out that his lover doesnt love him anymore and that he's waiting for her to say that she doesnt love him anymore...
and the part *somtimes i cry so hard from pleading so sick and tired of all the needless beating* i guess it means it hurts a lot... coz shes not honest
MCR-molly
Killjoy
MCR-molly
December 2nd, 2007 at 10:21am
I think it's about Eliza Cutts before they broke up, like saying that is how they didnt want to end up if you know what i'm saying Very Happy
emomcrlvr4life
Killjoy
emomcrlvr4life
December 4th, 2007 at 09:29pm
that sounds quuite reasonable. But perhaps it has a bit to do with Gerard Way and Bert Mcracken.
Like something that they disagreed on or something.....or maybe it is about a relationship between Gerard and Eliza. Hmmm.....i thought it was about how Gerard was talking about his pain about eliza and how , hence the title of the song, he dosen't love her anymore.
BellaMuetre
Killjoy
BellaMuetre
December 6th, 2007 at 12:14pm
Here's just my opinion.. but I think maybe it's about a couple that's been on/off and they fight alot. But then she always comes back, and he's sort of saying to her that he knows she'll be back. Almost like daring her to tell him she doesnt love him.

But that's just what I think.
Spencer Reid
Always Born a Crime
Spencer Reid
December 7th, 2007 at 11:24pm
To me, this song is about an abusive relationship.
At first, the relationship was healthy and happy, then as time went on, it all went wrong.
The man in the relationship becomes addicted to cocaine and abuses the woman and it is about her leaving him (the first part through his point of view and the second part through hers).

The man's point of view:

Well when you go
Don't ever think I'll make you try to stay
And maybe when you get back
I'll be off to find another way

^^He's saying that when she gets sick of him and finally decides to leave him, he won't make her stay with him because he knows that he is abusive to her.
And, if she ever decides to come back, he might be straightened out or worse.

And after all this time that you still owe
You're still the good-for-nothing I don’t know
So take your gloves and get out
Better get out
While you can

^^He's pretty much telling her to get away from him while she still has a chance and saying that though they are supposed to be together forever (the time that she owes), yet in his state of mind, he doesn't want her anymore.

When you go
"I don't love you
Like I did
Yesterday"

^^That's just saying that it felt like only yesterday that they were happy and in love and now, she doesn't love him.

The woman's point of view:

Sometimes I cry so hard from pleading
So sick and tired of all the needless beating
But baby when they knock you
Down and out
It's where you oughta stay

^^She is talking about all the times she's begged him to stop doing coke and hurting her.
She's tired of feeling love toward someone who does that stuff to her.
And that the after-effects of the drugs (when he's feeling his lowest) is the state he should stay in because he isn't a danger to himself or her in his tiredness.

And after all the blood that you still owe
Another dollar's just another blow
So fix your eyes and get up
Better get up
While you can

^^She's saying that she has physically shed blood for their relationship and he hasn't.
He uses all their money to buy coke (another dollar's just another blow), blow refering to cocaine.
His eyes give away that he is doing coke and she says that he should fix them and try to stop while he still might have a chance.

Whoa
When you go
"I don't love you
Like I did
Yesterday"

^^Now, she is saying what he had said for this part.
When he finally decides that he has had enough with her, would he admit it and leave?

Well, come on. Come on

When you go
Would you have the guts to say
"I don't love you
Like I loved you
Yesterday"

I don't love you
Like I loved you
Yesterday

I don't love you
Like I loved you
Yesterday

^^That's them finally admiting to each other that they don't love each other anymore.
Spencer Reid
Always Born a Crime
Spencer Reid
December 7th, 2007 at 11:27pm
MCR-molly:
I think it's about Eliza Cutts before they broke up, like saying that is how they didnt want to end up if you know what i'm saying Very Happy

Not trying to say that you're wrong or anything....but, Gerard didn't start dating Eliza until after the record was finished.
He broke up with his former girlfriend of 6 years ("Kat" ) and it gave him the words for "Famous Last Words", which came after the making of "I Don't Love You."
So, he couldn't have been dating Eliza at the time.
Do you remember him singing IDLY on LOTMS?
He was still dating his old girlfriend at that point.
Metal Apocalypse
Jazz Hands
Metal Apocalypse
December 9th, 2007 at 12:54am
i think 2 people are going out and 1 person doesn't feel feelings anymore for the other 1 and leaves them so he says i don't love you like i did yesterday
MrsxGeexWayx
Killjoy
MrsxGeexWayx
December 10th, 2007 at 06:07pm
was this song about eliza? im confused
Spencer Reid
Always Born a Crime
Spencer Reid
December 13th, 2007 at 04:27pm
^^No.
Gerard had yet to break up with his girlfriend (the one before Eliza) at that point.
Helmee Bluth
In The Murder Scene
Helmee Bluth
January 4th, 2008 at 08:27pm
I was watching "LOTMS" and I managed to hear the words Gerard was saying to I Don't Love You. He says: "We can't even look at you this way but I did and I loved you just the same When you go would you even turn to say I don't love you like I did yesterday". It sounds like it changed in meaning as he was writing it. I didn't know where else I could share this, and I thought somebody else would like to know.