Don't have an account? Create one!

I Don't Love You

AuthorMessage
luvin_gerard_way
Killjoy
luvin_gerard_way
February 10th, 2009 at 07:35am
well to me thr song ' i dont love you ' is about to people who were in love but then broke up and i think this is something that is close to Gerard's life it might be something that happened to him and its a very sad song with lots of meaning to it.
if u listen to it carefully you can hear the emotion in Gerard's voice and it really hits you hard if you have experienced it.
AmberPartyPoison
Killjoy
AmberPartyPoison
February 10th, 2009 at 05:40pm
ok, i think this song is about his breakup with eliza.(ewliza)
i think he was just stating how he feels about her,
and the whoe breakup.
(poor gerard. Cry ILY GEE!!!) In Love
a touch of anarchy.
Shotgun Sinner
a touch of anarchy.
March 16th, 2009 at 01:26pm
Hmm...

Well, I think that the Patient has a very small meaning in this song....

I think that its about Gerard, and he was in a relationship with someone, and he was abused(Physically), and then the person left. Gerard seems very emotional in the song/video, so thats where I get my reasoning that its about him.

I think that the guy(Yes, guy, I don't think it was a girl), was abusing him. Yes, I know girls can abuse people, but men do it more often. Anyway:
Sometimes I cry so hard from pleading,To stop being beaten.
So sick and tired of all the needless beating He's sick of it, and wants it to stop.

Its pretty sad, as I think its what Gerard went though.

Also, I think the person could be Bert(The abuser). The stuff about gloves, drugs, dept from that, etc.
Iris Kutless
Killjoy
Iris Kutless
March 18th, 2009 at 03:40pm
Where it says "Would you even turn to say, I don't love you like I did yesterday."

This always made me think the song was about those people out there that go out with someone through pity and end up breaking there heart. I saw it as the song was trying to say don't play someone and tell them you don't love them if you don't.
christmascar
Killjoy
christmascar
April 11th, 2009 at 01:11am
I like this song, cause it is really beautiful. is it a reverse feel once people don't love each other like they love each other before? they use the same enegery? Gerard looks obessess every time he takes the music video..really focus on..good job.
Devilhunter318
Killjoy
Devilhunter318
April 26th, 2009 at 11:35pm
If you listen closely to the song while watching the video, it seems to be somewhat about racial discrimination
Romantica.
Killjoy
Romantica.
April 28th, 2009 at 12:09pm
Well,of course it's about Gerard feeling really heart broken.
Telling how he loved her [or someone else] one day,then his feelings
just go downward after that. Possibly because of something that person
or said.
a touch of anarchy.
Shotgun Sinner
a touch of anarchy.
April 28th, 2009 at 01:45pm
Like I said before, Bertbertbertbert. He's written all over this song.
Romantica.
Killjoy
Romantica.
April 28th, 2009 at 03:08pm
Possibly. .
Hm.
That got me thinking now. .
all-your-posion
Killjoy
all-your-posion
May 4th, 2009 at 04:20pm
i think this song was about a woman and a man that used to be in love, but the woman cheated and left him, she didn't even tell the man that she felt everythin was going down hill. she just, well, left him i guess! *awww* Sad
a touch of anarchy.
Shotgun Sinner
a touch of anarchy.
May 11th, 2009 at 03:21pm
About what? At first, I thought Frank, but then I was like, "No, he still likes Frank." xD
Incognito.
Bleeding on the Floor
Incognito.
May 12th, 2009 at 04:29am
It can't be about bert, because at the end of Life On The Murder Scene it shows ray and gee playing an early version of this song. At that point Bert And Gerard were still friends..
Sex and Candy
Salute You in Your Grave
Sex and Candy
May 13th, 2009 at 12:36pm
Its about being in love but then falling out of it coz he won't try to make her stay and he will be moving on and living his life. He is so tired of all the shit and hurt that he just wants to go and in the music video the people fall apart. And at the3 end the girl just cries so he might think that she didn't even care that much about him...? that what I think.
riot reality
Jazz Hands
riot reality
May 14th, 2009 at 03:53pm
He's with someone, they fall in love, and life is grand. Well, until the girl starts falling out of love, while he's still clinging on to what they had. Then when she leaves, he just wants her to admit that she did once love him and would've given him the world at one point, even if it's not like that any more. He wants to be sure that they did at least have something.
a touch of anarchy.
Shotgun Sinner
a touch of anarchy.
May 17th, 2009 at 09:15am
Ah, but hte lyrics changed, didn't they? So, it could still be about Bert.
Incognito.
Bleeding on the Floor
Incognito.
May 20th, 2009 at 05:07am
LetterSeven:
Ah, but hte lyrics changed, didn't they? So, it could still be about Bert.

Even so, the basis and idea of the song would have been known already for them to be able to play such a similar version like 2 years before the feud with Bert.
a touch of anarchy.
Shotgun Sinner
a touch of anarchy.
June 18th, 2009 at 01:13pm
Songs never have just one meaning-It could have loads of different ones, so for all we know, it could be about this random hobo Gerard fell in love with.
Imohsointricate
Killjoy
Imohsointricate
July 23rd, 2009 at 01:19am
The song isn't even about Gerard .. it's about the patient. The while record is about the patient... It's a concept album! It'd about the patient looking back over his life and seeing the mistakes he made
Black Dawn
Killjoy
Black Dawn
August 12th, 2009 at 11:57am
i think its about a boy and his girlfriend abuses him or cheats on him and when she finally decides to leave him he is upset, but is happy to get rid of her or wants her to leave immediatly, he wants her to take her stuff and get out
BringMeRomancexx
Killjoy
BringMeRomancexx
September 4th, 2009 at 04:50pm
VampiresInLove:
i think its about a boy and his girlfriend abuses him or cheats on him and when she finally decides to leave him he is upset, but is happy to get rid of her or wants her to leave immediatly, he wants her to take her stuff and get out

Then tell me how the heck Teenagers is about The Patient?
After my opinion, only some songs on the albume is about the Patient, and that the patient is a metaphore for Gerard.