Don't have an account? Create one!

I Don't Love You

AuthorMessage
shanti07
Killjoy
shanti07
September 16th, 2009 at 02:03pm
black_parade_85:
OH DEAR LORD!!! I keep reading this thing about Bert and Gerard but please tell me it is not true.. Cry
i think you are trippin about the burt and gerard
shanti07
Killjoy
shanti07
September 16th, 2009 at 02:03pm
shanti07:
black_parade_85:
OH DEAR LORD!!! I keep reading this thing about Bert and Gerard but please tell me it is not true.. Cry
i think you are trippin about the burt and gerard
Incognito.
Bleeding on the Floor
Incognito.
September 26th, 2009 at 06:20am
Imohsointricate:
The song isn't even about Gerard .. it's about the patient. The while record is about the patient... It's a concept album! It'd about the patient looking back over his life and seeing the mistakes he made
this and teenagers are the two songs on the album that have nothing to do with the patient.
TestBunny
Killjoy
TestBunny
September 29th, 2009 at 02:06pm
The song is about not loving someone? ^^
Lol that's my guess.
*cough*THE TITLE!*cough*
a touch of anarchy.
Shotgun Sinner
a touch of anarchy.
September 29th, 2009 at 02:10pm
TestBunny:
The song is about not loving someone? ^^
Lol that's my guess.
*cough*THE TITLE!*cough*
I never considered that. omg.
GiveEmHellKid111
Killjoy
GiveEmHellKid111
October 4th, 2009 at 08:56pm
If you notice, many of the songs have the same meaning repeated. Its like a story. It seems like he hates himself, and the girl left him, but nicely. So he is saying "Fuck! Im worse than that! Just tell me you dont love me!!!!" and he is lashing his self-hatred out on HER (or him, preferably her b/c of music video), and he doesnt want her to leave, but he feels he deserves it. or she does, but its a good thing for her.
GiveEmHellKid111
Killjoy
GiveEmHellKid111
October 4th, 2009 at 08:56pm
If you notice, many of the songs have the same meaning repeated. Its like a story. It seems like he hates himself, and the girl left him, but nicely. So he is saying "Fuck! Im worse than that! Just tell me you dont love me!!!!" and he is lashing his self-hatred out on HER (or him, preferably her b/c of music video), and he doesnt want her to leave, but he feels he deserves it. or she does, but its a good thing for her.
GeeWayIero
Killjoy
GeeWayIero
October 13th, 2009 at 06:54pm
@GiveEmhellKid111 ahh that would be so sad, but I kinda thought of it this way,2 like he just thinks oh fim self really low and that he don´t deserve her.... or well mabye it´s total absurd, but I kinda like the Bert/Gee idea, though I don´t think that the real reason behind this song, but this "fix ur eyes and get up" and this druggie blodshoot eyes from bert and stuff, would make sense or mabye he´s just talking bout drugs in general...dunno
greatestemokiduknow
Killjoy
greatestemokiduknow
October 28th, 2009 at 11:25am
I think this song is about a couple where one of the people just walks out without saying anythin to the other person simply because they dont love the other one anymore.
AbyRoseAndMCRForEver
Killjoy
AbyRoseAndMCRForEver
December 23rd, 2009 at 10:12am
Gerard wrote this song because he was going out with a girl, and he realised he didnt love her anymore...at least thats what he says he was about, who knows? Smile
AllApologies451994
Killjoy
AllApologies451994
December 24th, 2009 at 05:50pm
I always thought it was about a couple who had a hard struggle together, and one partner was always having to leave (probably to earn money and get drunk/high) and the other just got sick of it all and left.

"And when you go
Don't ever think I'll make you try to stay
And maybe when you get back
I'll be off to find another way"

Meaning, she's (let's assume it's a she) tired of her husband leaving her all the time, even if it is for something important, and maybe one day she'll leave him.

"And after all the time that you still owe
You're still a good-for-nothing I don't know"

She's tired of him having to leave so much and never supporting, let's say her family, and calling him a good-for-nothing I don't know.

"Sometimes I cry so hard from pleading
So sick and tired of all the needless beatings
And maybe when they knock you
Down and out is where you oughta stay"

Maybe they're using 'beatings' not like literal 'beatings', but having to listen to him having to go so much and it's hurting her inside he can't be there, such as an 'emotional' beating. The second part is where she's convincing herself he's not worth her time; if he gets knocked down so many times he should just stay there.

"And after all the blood that you still owe
Another dollar's just another blow"

Maybe whenever he leaves, he ends up getting the money, but wastes it all on drugs/alcohol/whatever, and she figures out that he's just leaving to get high/drunk or whatever.

"And when you go
Would you even turn to say
I don't love you
Like I did
Yesterday?"

Exactly what it says; she knows he's leaving just to get away from her and get drunk, but she feels he's too chicken to tell her this. She gets mad at this behavior, and just confronts him, asking that when he left, would he even admit he don't love her anymore. That's what I got out of it, hope it helps Smile
Anetunisha
Killjoy
Anetunisha
March 25th, 2010 at 09:15am
I think that its about Gerard's ex Eliza Cuts
Saying that she doesn't love him like she used to
saying shes changed and he doesn't want to hurt anymore
I know the feeling :{
xxVampirePrincessxx
Killjoy
xxVampirePrincessxx
March 25th, 2010 at 04:58pm
i first thought it was about a tough break up, and him realising that his gilfriend isnt so great & he becomes spiteful and bitter to her.
But now i've read all this about bert ang gerard so it could be that?
or maybe its supose to be ambiguous.. so you make what you want of it?
or maybe that ambiguity of it repreasents the unclear feelings of the song? i dunno. Maybe i'm just reading into waaaaay to much ;]
Anetunisha
Killjoy
Anetunisha
March 30th, 2010 at 09:08am
xxVampirePrincessxx:
i first thought it was about a tough break up, and him realising that his gilfriend isnt so great & he becomes spiteful and bitter to her.
But now i've read all this about bert ang gerard so it could be that?
or maybe its supose to be ambiguous.. so you make what you want of it?
or maybe that ambiguity of it repreasents the unclear feelings of the song? i dunno. Maybe i'm just reading into waaaaay to much ;]
What's this Burt and Gerard thing I keep hearing about?
Anetunisha
Killjoy
Anetunisha
April 7th, 2010 at 09:06am
Anyone?
freedrowninglessons
Killjoy
freedrowninglessons
April 23rd, 2010 at 09:07am
I've always thought that (since the whole album was about death.) That the one he loved dies, and he dosnt know if he can love her anymore b/c she betrayed him by dying...
kristengurl555
Killjoy
kristengurl555
May 10th, 2010 at 10:27pm
Well this song always reminded me of the one I love but somehow couldnt have so it made me sad, So I assumed that must have been how 'he' {meaning Gerard?} felt. Like someone was right infront of you. YOu wanted them. and They don't love you anymore, like about maybe an ex you had and you might still have feelings for and they just don't love you anymore. or maybe remembering what you used to be and how they don't love you. well thats how it made me feel</3
disenchanted97
Killjoy
disenchanted97
June 23rd, 2010 at 01:35pm
I think it's about a couple who have had a difficult relationship and she doesn't love him anymore but he isn't sure if he can let her go and he is angry about it but also really sad about it too. Mr. Green
mcr_flyleaf13
Killjoy
mcr_flyleaf13
July 10th, 2010 at 07:35pm
has anyone ever thought that this song could be about when Gerard was engaged that one time but than he wasn't? i mean he could of wrote this song about that cause if i have my sources right, it happened kinda around the time they we're recording The Black Parade.
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
July 10th, 2010 at 11:21pm
^Well, if it was to Eliza, it wouldn't be because they were engaged after the release, but he did break up with Kat when they were recording. So, possibly it could be about Kat.

On another note, I've noticed that this song has 'references' to prostitution, too, like "another dollar's just another blow." Well, that's what I thought of it anyway.