Don't have an account? Create one!

I Don't Love You

AuthorMessage
withered waste
Killjoy
withered waste
December 13th, 2006 at 10:29pm
"I Don't Love You" is the 6th track on My Chemical Romance's third studio album The Black Parade.

My Chemical Romance says "I Don't Love You" was their first shot at a ballad. They wrote this song on their last tour and sound checked it on the Green Day tour. Ray Toro says that this song is so much smaller when compared to "Welcome To The Black Parade", which is their first single off the new album.

The song has garnered some praise from critics, with a positive 4/5 star review from music site Pitchfork Media, saying "it's the band's first proper power ballad and, well, they should definitely think about writing dozens more."[1] The song is speculated to be a future single, but nothing on this has yet been confirmed by the band.
withered waste
Killjoy
withered waste
December 13th, 2006 at 10:29pm
"I Don't Love You" is the 6th track on My Chemical Romance's third studio album The Black Parade.

My Chemical Romance says "I Don't Love You" was their first shot at a ballad. They wrote this song on their last tour and sound checked it on the Green Day tour. Ray Toro says that this song is so much smaller when compared to "Welcome To The Black Parade", which is their first single off the new album.

The song has garnered some praise from critics, with a positive 4/5 star review from music site Pitchfork Media, saying "it's the band's first proper power ballad and, well, they should definitely think about writing dozens more."[1] The song is speculated to be a future single, but nothing on this has yet been confirmed by the band.
MCR_is_my_life
Killjoy
MCR_is_my_life
December 13th, 2006 at 11:52pm
I actually think it has to do that he loves a girl that can be alive, dead, or even just doesnt like him and well i also found it was a love song for someone
sprite
Killjoy
sprite
December 14th, 2006 at 10:55am
I always thought this song was about the patients girlfriend leaving him and he is asking her that when she leaves him would she be honest and say she doesn't love him like she used to.
Killing_Jar
Really Not Okay
Killing_Jar
December 14th, 2006 at 05:00pm
Well, honestly, I don't think its about the patient at all. *shrugs*
I think its really kind of self explanatory...having a relationship end and asking them to at least admit they don't feel the same anymore.
xFallingPunkx
Fabulous Killjoy
xFallingPunkx
December 15th, 2006 at 05:15pm
I thought it was just a song taht went along with teh whole "Patient Story" taht Gerard wrote this CD about. But the whole Bert and gerard thing could work. It could just be about feeling love and then losing it cause you can't have t anymore. I dont think its necessarily about anyone in particular, any song writer could write a song about a past love or just love in general like I dont love you.
All I know is it helped me t hrough a very hard break up!!
never seen me coming
Fabulous Killjoy
never seen me coming
December 15th, 2006 at 07:46pm
A Sharp Life:
Obviously Bert and Gerard were more than just friends. I think the relationship they had was not necessarily a sexual one, but more than friends, if you get what I'm saying.

Bert and Gerard had a very public "split-up", you could call it, and i think that Gerard definatly felt hurt. So why wouldn't he write a song about him?

Bert included Gerard in one The Used song, "lost my heart to a Chemical Romance" and just like rappers have song battles, why can't rockers?

And I agree with whoever said this before, about fixing your eyes, sounds like drugs to me. When Gerard and Bert met wasn't gerard either going through or just getting over those kind of problems?

It just seems like Bert is the perfect name to attach to this song. Remember that is my opinion, and I don't know if it's true at all.

um actually he says lost all doubt in a chemical romance
Killing_Jar
Really Not Okay
Killing_Jar
December 16th, 2006 at 12:42am
never seen me coming:
A Sharp Life:
Obviously Bert and Gerard were more than just friends. I think the relationship they had was not necessarily a sexual one, but more than friends, if you get what I'm saying.

Bert and Gerard had a very public "split-up", you could call it, and i think that Gerard definatly felt hurt. So why wouldn't he write a song about him?

Bert included Gerard in one The Used song, "lost my heart to a Chemical Romance" and just like rappers have song battles, why can't rockers?

And I agree with whoever said this before, about fixing your eyes, sounds like drugs to me. When Gerard and Bert met wasn't gerard either going through or just getting over those kind of problems?

It just seems like Bert is the perfect name to attach to this song. Remember that is my opinion, and I don't know if it's true at all.

um actually he says lost all doubt in a chemical romance

pwnd.... Rolling Eyes
either way, i heard it on the radio today!!
Roxx my Soxx
Bleeding on the Floor
Roxx my Soxx
December 16th, 2006 at 11:00pm
So this is song is def my fav song on the CD... I think that there could be many interpretations of this song...

Number 1- It could be about the Patient having loved and lost. He could be dating druggee chick who maybe is bored with him because he doesn't do drugs or drink anymore (Remember Gerard's battle against drugs and alcohol...) and she's leaving him. He gave his heart to her and she abused it. I say she's a druggee because of the lyric "another dollar's just another blow." I think he's hinting that she spends her money on blow. I.e.- drugs. "Fix your eyes" can hint at bloodshot, glassy eyes. He also called her "good-for-nothing" and basically says "If you leave me I'm not waiting for you to change your mind and come back to me." ("Well when you go don't ever think I'll make you try to stay. And maybe when you get back I'll be off to find another way." ) Also at first he's saying "Would you even turn to say, 'I don't love you like I did yesterday'" then at the end he's saying "I don't love you like I loved you yesterday". It's like at the end he's coming to a conclusion and he's saying, "Fine. You don't love me how you did. Well guess what? I don't love you either."

Number 2- It would make complete sense if this song was about Bert. Gerard and him did obviously have a relationship and it's also obvious that however they split up was serious. Anyone can tell that they both meant a lot to one another. They were both seriously hurt and writing a song about him could be Gerard's form of getting over it. Everything above would apply because Bert is still on drugs and still drinks...

But yeah... That's just what I think.
vampire forever now
Killjoy
vampire forever now
December 18th, 2006 at 08:22pm
itas not true. I think the song is about him saying that he will stay together if the person says how much the person is in love with him by telling him to say "i don't love you like I loved you yesterday."
xXDemolitionxLoserXx
Killjoy
xXDemolitionxLoserXx
December 18th, 2006 at 11:33pm
"another dollar's just another blow"

obviously Gee had a very... um... personal relationship, and one day it just ended for him.
Blue_Demon
Motor Baby
Blue_Demon
December 19th, 2006 at 10:41am
I don't think that Gerard would openly make a song about Bert, it doesn't seem the type of thing MCR would do.
The song is, as other's have stated, about a lover who has simply walked away from the relationship without saying why, or giving a reason as to why they have decided to leave.
lyingnext2u
Killjoy
lyingnext2u
December 19th, 2006 at 01:00pm
.....i sent this song to my ex........
xFallingPunkx
Fabulous Killjoy
xFallingPunkx
December 19th, 2006 at 01:53pm
Everyone is taking the lyrics as such a literal thing. If you've ever written a song or anything you will know that the lyrics or what you are saying can't be taken literally. Stop trying to decide what the song is about and just enjoy it. It doesnt matter if its about Bert or a druggie girl or anything, it helped alot of us just by hearing it. Take the song and just enjoy it
Roxx my Soxx
Bleeding on the Floor
Roxx my Soxx
December 19th, 2006 at 01:54pm
thepunkduck:
Everyone is taking the lyrics as such a literal thing. If you've ever written a song or anything you will know that the lyrics or what you are saying can't be taken literally. Stop trying to decide what the song is about and just enjoy it. It doesnt matter if its about Bert or a druggie girl or anything, it helped alot of us just by hearing it. Take the song and just enjoy it

But that's the whole point of this thread... To decode the meaning...
Emo Dirtbag
Killjoy
Emo Dirtbag
December 21st, 2006 at 12:46pm
i think this song is about this dude that loves or loved this girl and he dont love her now cos he as found out that she sleeps around. Disgust
paint.it.black.
Killjoy
paint.it.black.
December 21st, 2006 at 08:09pm
this song litterally made me cry. I think gerard wrote this about bert. cuz of the line take ur gloves and get out, baby get out. cuz bert always wore gloves. i also think it means leaving the ones you love for good reasons to save urself.. its a pretty deep song.
china white
Killjoy
china white
December 23rd, 2006 at 04:25am
I think if Gerard wanted the world to know what happened between him & Bert etc..he would tell. It's nobody's business but theirs.
china white
Killjoy
china white
December 23rd, 2006 at 04:26am
But if it means he is single then....YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tiffany Terror
Jazz Hands
Tiffany Terror
December 23rd, 2006 at 04:29am
"Well, when you go
Don't ever think I'll make you try to stay
And maybe when you get back
I'll be off to find another way"
-
that part just..reminds me of Bert..
*walks off*