Don't have an account? Create one!

I Don't Love You

AuthorMessage
WayFukdUp
Jazz Hands
WayFukdUp
December 24th, 2006 at 11:55pm
god dammit its not about Bert. Would you write a love song about an x-friend? no. at least I wouldn't. I think its simply about a relationship ending. Sometimes a simplicity in a song is more beautiful than metaphors. (rarely...this being one of those rare cases)
Scream!
Jazz Hands
Scream!
December 25th, 2006 at 02:57am
I think it's another rare love story and I don't think it has anything to do with Bert McCracken.

I think it's about a married couple. I don't think the girl likes the guy so she's not really affectionate towards him. The guy loves the girl very much so he doesn't let her go. But he got tired and finally gave up on her. He's asking her to leave immediately because if she doesn't, the guy will never give her the chance to leave ever again, "So take your gloves and get out, better get out while you can."

I kinda visualize this song. They live in a manor and stuff. More like the Victorian age. At the bridge, when the guy says, "When you go, would you have the guts to say I don't love you.." I can picture her in the ballroom with a knife in her hands close to her throat as she mumbles these words to her husband, "I don't love you like I loved you yesterday."

I think the "I don't love you" meant goodbye. Goodbye as in death.
mymikeyromance
Killjoy
mymikeyromance
December 25th, 2006 at 06:23am
why is bert even in the picture?
the song is obviously just about a guy and his girlfriend.
i think somewhere in the song, their relationship kinda lost its spark (or he gets to know the true attitude of the girl) and the guy starts to feel that his partner doesn't love him anymore (or he just didn't like the real her).
so he starts to say things like "when you go don't even think i'll make you try to stay....i'll be off to find another way" and "take your gloves and get out"
and finally he asks "when you do go, would you even turn to say i don't love you like i loved you yesterday?"
Total Phreek
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Total Phreek
December 25th, 2006 at 05:30pm
I think it is about a person who's partner is very clingy and becuase of this the person has stopping loving them but the partner still want them to be together.
im_really_not_okay_22
Killjoy
im_really_not_okay_22
December 25th, 2006 at 06:16pm
I think it is about Gerard's eex-girlfriend betrying him with another guy or girl for that matter. I think it's one of the girl's he never will be able to forgive or forget.

It also seems in this song he truly loves her but maybe she didnt have the same feelings for ghim.
Failure to Breathe.
Motor Baby
Failure to Breathe.
December 27th, 2006 at 12:58pm
im_really_not_okay_22:
I think it is about Gerard's eex-girlfriend betrying him with another guy or girl for that matter. I think it's one of the girl's he never will be able to forgive or forget.

It also seems in this song he truly loves her but maybe she didnt have the same feelings for ghim.
im thinking the same thing.. here.

i think... well he is saying.. when you go.. would you have the guts to say i dont love you like i did yesterday..
she probably left him and he was saying..that if you go...
would she tell him that she didnt love him like yesterday...

and that may have not made any sence at all...

but it did to me...

lol
music_doesnt_lie_329
Killjoy
music_doesnt_lie_329
January 2nd, 2007 at 06:15pm
ok I think it mean like he had a girl that w=he loved a lot, so much that maybe he thought " I don't want her to get messed up if I get famous or something happens in their music or something like that so I have to let her go" but he let's her go out of love like when they say " So take your gloves and get out
Better get out
While you can"
but she dosen't wanna let go like when it says "But baby when they knock you
Down and out
It's where you oughta stay"

well that's what I think
Still Alive...
Killjoy
Still Alive...
January 2nd, 2007 at 08:45pm
I think that in this song the meaning is simple...its about someone's feelings changing about another person and that person dealing with those feelings

Remember that last cd that gerard theme was a story.(little shoddy here, correct if im wrong) a woman and man both go to a restaurant and there's a huge shootout and both of them die (the couple) but the man goes to hell and wants to avenge the death of his wife(girlfriend, partner etc.) and the devil says to him bring me the souls of a thousand good men and you can be with her....he does this but it turns out he did it in vein because she actually didnt die. If i recall right only one song on the last CD (Three cheers for sweet revenge) mentions "a shooting at a restaurant" (thus one of the only songs to go along with theCD's storytheme)

There arent alot of lyrics in gerards songs so i think that he tries to include a little of everything in some of the lyrics of all of his songs...

So i think this song (with the reference to the gloves and "fix up your eyes) maybe in refrence to burt...i think the line about so tired of all the "needless beatings" might actually be about himself (he's tired of beating himself up emotionally with worry or selfharm) and dont forget that he kind of wants to keep in line with his story theme for this CD (which i think is about a dying cancer patient looking back on his life and having all these darkthoughts...all of these comments are from my first impressions and some reading....feel free to rip me a new one if im wrong Very Happy
Nick Jonas.
Bleeding on the Floor
Nick Jonas.
January 3rd, 2007 at 03:14pm
I kinda got the impression that it was about 2 lovers but she didnt love him and she didnt tell him hence the lyrics [Would you even turn to say, i dont love you like i did yesterday] (but how could she not love him my god she must have a screw looseeee :p )
Left.For.Dead basically said that and i totally agree but i could be wrong.
Sophy xx
MetalliDeth
Killjoy
MetalliDeth
January 3rd, 2007 at 08:39pm
To me, I think "I Don't Love You" is about a past relationship the patient was involved in. He loved her, but she does not love him and she didn't have the guts to tell him.
Inertiatic Esp.
Bleeding on the Floor
Inertiatic Esp.
January 3rd, 2007 at 09:27pm
I think its about the patient telling his loved one he had cancer her not accepting him because of it
poison_beauty
Killjoy
poison_beauty
January 4th, 2007 at 07:01am
Heya Strangers,
Overall I believe ''Killing_Jar'' is right with his last comment! Its all about emotional and mental abuse and heart break.
AstroZombieGway
Killjoy
AstroZombieGway
January 4th, 2007 at 05:54pm
Killing_Jar:
Well, i thought it was about gerard getting his heart broken, quite simply. It seems as though he is trying to speak to them through the song, "youre still the good for nothing im not...fix your eyes and get up...baby get up..while you can". i think it hints at a destructive lifestyle "youre still the good for nothing im not" and hes telling them to stop their self harm, and realize what they are doing "fix your eyes and get up..while you can". people think its about bert.

I just have to say one thing , The lyrics is not " youre still the good for nothing im not". It's youre still the good for nothing , I don't know "
Sorry , Just had to do it . But i agree with you , That's kinda what I thought too .
It sounds like the person in this song had a girlfriend or boyfriend who was unfaithful and slept with another men/women . And I think hes saying that instead of sheeting, the boy/girlfriend could just say that I don't love you anymore . But that's what it's aboute . The boy/girlfriend didn't have the guts to say it. Then I think that the lyrics "and baby when they knock you down and out it's where you gotta stay " Kinda his way saying that after what she/he did he is not going to be there helping her if she falls down ( get's knocked down ) . Sorry if it's confusing but it's just what I think. Sorry for spelling wrong or something .
little mama
Killjoy
little mama
January 5th, 2007 at 03:33pm
"i don't love you" is obviously about 2 lovers who are on the verge of splitting up. the main character in this song isn't gonna stop his partner from leaving because he's "cried so hard from pleading" that there's really nothing more he can do. "maybe when you get back, i'll be off to find another way" mean that he's not gonna wait around for his partner. i really hope these characters aren't gerard and bert!
Plasmatic.
Bleeding on the Floor
Plasmatic.
January 5th, 2007 at 11:49pm
okay someone said not long on here i think that gerard was singing "I Dont Love You" near the end of LOTMS...& that because of that it couldnt have been about bert because their "split up" was a while after that? but in LOTMS hes not even singing those lyrics at all. its the same tune...just different lyrics but with the "i dont love you" still in there. i dont think its about bert but just something to think about.
SarahPrincess
Killjoy
SarahPrincess
January 6th, 2007 at 07:58am
It must be about someone in Gerards life loving someone and them not loving him back...And the first verse saying That he can't try to make them stay and him finding someone else. 'When you go and would you even turn to say i don't love you like I did yesterday'
MochaDreamz
Killjoy
MochaDreamz
January 6th, 2007 at 09:49am
I sort of assumed that they had a bad relationship but then when the patient got ill the pressure of keeping it all together got too much and she stopped loving him...

But this could just be a reflection of my own experiences with relationships and terminal illness.
imeanthis_4ever
Killjoy
imeanthis_4ever
January 6th, 2007 at 10:03pm
i actually think that this comes from the Patient's girlfriend/wife's point of view. the black parade is where the Patient goes when he dies and reflects on his life, right? well I Don't Love You seems to be when he's reflecting on a past relationship that he screwed up, and he sees how what he did affected his past lover.

"Sometimes I cry so hard from pleading
So sick and tired of all the needless beating
But baby when they knock you
Down and out
It's where you oughta stay"

i think this explains that the Patient might have been a boxer or something during his life, which would explain the gloves as well. the relationship might have ended because the Patient became igorant to his lover or became so preoccupied with boxing that he stopped loving her.
unapologetic_apathy
Banned
unapologetic_apathy
January 9th, 2007 at 01:15pm
I always kinda thought it was about a prostittute. especially when he says "another dime is just another blow" thats probably not word for word exactly what he says but he does say that. I know thats so totally random and idiotic of me but thats just what I thought. I also thought that maybe it could be about domestic violence which is probobaly more logical now that I think about it.
hip like badass
Motor Baby
hip like badass
January 10th, 2007 at 06:21am
^^ I was just about to say that. This girl is obviously a cheap hooker.