Don't have an account? Create one!

I Don't Love You

AuthorMessage
Roxx my Soxx
Bleeding on the Floor
Roxx my Soxx
January 10th, 2007 at 06:55am
unapologetic_apathy:
I always kinda thought it was about a prostittute. especially when he says "another dime is just another blow" thats probably not word for word exactly what he says but he does say that. I know thats so totally random and idiotic of me but thats just what I thought. I also thought that maybe it could be about domestic violence which is probobaly more logical now that I think about it.

It's "Another dollar's just another blow." And blow can represent drugs. It's not always a sexual connotation.
Roxx my Soxx
Bleeding on the Floor
Roxx my Soxx
January 10th, 2007 at 06:56am
Oops... Double post.
XJulietLovestheBeatX
Thinking Happy Thoughts
XJulietLovestheBeatX
January 11th, 2007 at 04:31pm
Roxx my Soxx:
unapologetic_apathy:
I always kinda thought it was about a prostittute. especially when he says "another dime is just another blow" thats probably not word for word exactly what he says but he does say that. I know thats so totally random and idiotic of me but thats just what I thought. I also thought that maybe it could be about domestic violence which is probobaly more logical now that I think about it.

It's "Another dollar's just another blow." And blow can represent drugs. It's not always a sexual connotation.

I kinda thought that could be too but at first I was sure it had to be about a prostitute. stupid I know Oops
Roxx my Soxx
Bleeding on the Floor
Roxx my Soxx
January 11th, 2007 at 04:44pm
Rusted_Sequin:
Roxx my Soxx:

I kinda thought that could be too but at first I was sure it had to be about a prostitute. stupid I know Oops

That's not stupid. No
XJulietLovestheBeatX
Thinking Happy Thoughts
XJulietLovestheBeatX
January 11th, 2007 at 05:51pm
Roxx my Soxx:
Rusted_Sequin:
Roxx my Soxx:

That's not stupid. No

Thank you Dance Your the first person thats been nice to me all day!! Smiley
Memories Defeat Us x
Killjoy
Memories Defeat Us x
January 11th, 2007 at 08:19pm
i want to let everyone know that i love mikey and the rest dont. i have a colloge of him and his gorgeous face <3
any way i like gerard when his hair was black and i think the song "i don't love you" is about a guy who broke up with his girlfriend and is now back together, but saying you can break up with me but i'll get over it and go on with life,and see things i could never if i was still with you.

yupyup thats what i think.
gerardway_hot!!!
Killjoy
gerardway_hot!!!
January 12th, 2007 at 04:25am
Killing_Jar:
A Sharp Life:
Obviously Bert and Gerard were more than just friends. I think the relationship they had was not necessarily a sexual one, but more than friends, if you get what I'm saying.

Bert and Gerard had a very public "split-up", you could call it, and i think that Gerard definatly felt hurt. So why wouldn't he write a song about him?

Bert included Gerard in one The Used song, "lost my heart to a Chemical Romance" and just like rappers have song battles, why can't rockers?

And I agree with whoever said this before, about fixing your eyes, sounds like drugs to me. When Gerard and Bert met wasn't gerard either going through or just getting over those kind of problems?

It just seems like Bert is the perfect name to attach to this song. Remember that is my opinion, and I don't know if it's true at all.

you must tell me of this alleged used song with those lyrics. im totally curious now. we never really hear berts side. fuck, we barely hear gerards, but still. itd be nice to know. still, if there was/is a battle of lyrics, gerard would pwn. because thats how he does things. and yeah..gerard was doing drugs at the time he knew bert, but stopped later on (we all know that). but the line "youre still the good for nothing that im not" implies a connection to bert...who may still abuse drugs etc.
and..yeah. i miss them together. bert is hilarious
edit!
oh shit! i found the lyric by accident! its in take it away.... wooowwww Shocked
HOWEVER, i must add that "take it away" was written in may of 2005, long before the falling out in or around november of 2005. so it was written in the glow of their friendship/love! Razz

you miss them together...? *shock* how?? bloody hell... berts an arse!! gee's better off with some1 with a little umm common sense...

bert = arse gerard = dream boy... Swoon Swoon
gerardway_hot!!!
Killjoy
gerardway_hot!!!
January 12th, 2007 at 04:31am
umm, it's believed that gerard said in an interview that this song is meant to be a about a girl (i think she was a hooker) and she was being abused
sometimes i cry so hard from pleeding, so sick and tired of all the needless beating...
aparently that's what it is about
XJulietLovestheBeatX
Thinking Happy Thoughts
XJulietLovestheBeatX
January 12th, 2007 at 12:02pm
gerardway_hot!!!:
umm, it's believed that gerard said in an interview that this song is meant to be a about a girl (i think she was a hooker) and she was being abused
sometimes i cry so hard from pleeding, so sick and tired of all the needless beating...
aparently that's what it is about

OMG! so you think its about a hooker too! I knew I wasnt going insane!!! Clap
tick; tock; bang
Killjoy
tick; tock; bang
January 18th, 2007 at 02:04pm
I honestly don't think that the song has anything to do with Bert...But that is not most people's opinions...oh well....

I don't even think that its something that happened to Gerard... oh well...
Demolition_Lover666
Killjoy
Demolition_Lover666
January 22nd, 2007 at 10:29am
This song was written after Gerard broke up with his long-term girlfriend and it is certainly not about Bert. Right after he was done recording famous last words, he had to go back home and talk to his gf and pack his things. It must have been humiliating. I LOVE YOU GEE!!!! In Love Cry
paint.it.black.
Killjoy
paint.it.black.
January 22nd, 2007 at 02:09pm
Demolition_Lover666:
This song was written after Gerard broke up with his long-term girlfriend and it is certainly not about Bert. Right after he was done recording famous last words, he had to go back home and talk to his gf and pack his things. It must have been humiliating. I LOVE YOU GEE!!!! In Love Cry
gerard had a long term girlfriend??? i feel for you gerard!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *sob*
lyingnext2u
Killjoy
lyingnext2u
January 23rd, 2007 at 12:53pm
well...im bored...er......
Tragic.
Banned
Tragic.
January 23rd, 2007 at 01:22pm
Demolition_Lover666:

Surprisedooooooo!
aaawwwww.
Sad
fxckingChelz''
Killjoy
fxckingChelz''
January 30th, 2007 at 05:42am
sounds like a really bad breakup, some songs have deep and spiritual meanings, some are plain and easy to see, the only way we'll ever know truth is if MCR tell everyone the meanings...it'd be nice, bu i doubt its gunna happen...maybe....
Harmless Vampire
Bleeding on the Floor
Harmless Vampire
February 1st, 2007 at 05:18pm
i think it's about a girl who learns that the Patient is dying, so decides she doesn't love him anymore

just my opinion
Need to know.
Salute You in Your Grave
Need to know.
February 2nd, 2007 at 01:57pm

After listening to it again and paying attention to the lyrics a bit more I though it was about a boxer as well. Also in the booklet, in the Limited Edition box, there's a picture of boxing gloves next to the lyrics. Examples;

Well when you go
Don't ever think I'll make you try to stay
I'm not gonna try to stop you anymore
And maybe when you get back
I'll be off to find another way

And after all this time that you still owe
You're still the good-for-nothing I don’t know
You're still that same person I don't know
So take your gloves and get out Talking about the boxing gloves
Better get out
While you can

When you go
Would you even turn to say
"I don't love you
Like I did
Yesterday"
The boxer won't stop or listen to the persona and so doesn't feel loved anymore

Sometimes I cry so hard from pleading The persona is tired of begging that person/boxer to stop
So sick and tired of all the needless beating It's useless fighting and getting beaten
But baby when they knock you
Down and out
It's where you oughta stay
It better to die/stop/leave than to continue fighting and suffering

And after all the blood that you still owe All the times you lost [blood] or knocked someone else out
Another dollar's just another blow The more money you earn, the more beatings you get
So fix your eyes and get up It's useless crying
Better get up
While you can
It's better to leave now
Needless-Beatings
Killjoy
Needless-Beatings
February 3rd, 2007 at 07:26pm
My first impression of the song was that it was about him and his lover being in a physically and emotionally abusive relationship. He was saying that he doesn't want to hurt her anymore so it was best if she just left.

However, I thought about Bert McCracken, and it all seemed to fit.

"Sometimes I cry so hard from pleading
So sick and tired of all the needless beating"

This could mean that he's tired of all of the fights that they've had about Bert's drug problems, or that he's tired of seeing Bert inflict the 'needless beating' on himself. He also has pleaded time and time again for Bert to stop.

"And after all the blood that you still owe
Another dollar's just another blow"

Gerard's talking about all of the money that Bert's spent on the drugs and that he's in debt to himself and Gerard.

Sorry if this makes no sense. It's just random thoughts from a blonde 14 year old.
Needless-Beatings
Killjoy
Needless-Beatings
February 3rd, 2007 at 07:31pm
Sorry... I had a blonde moment! Razz
fxckingChelz''
Killjoy
fxckingChelz''
February 4th, 2007 at 04:38am
Needless-Beatings:
Sorry... I had a blonde moment! Razz
No That Sounds Pretty Good.