Don't have an account? Create one!

I Don't Love You

AuthorMessage
forbidinlove
Killjoy
forbidinlove
March 18th, 2007 at 04:06am
at first without thinking much i thought .. well Gerard broke up with his girlfriend not so long ago .. and maybe it had something to do with that .. Then Bert.. with the golves thing .. but then comeing to then line .. "i dont love you like i did yesterday", who does Bert come into That?
whpprsnpprr
Killjoy
whpprsnpprr
March 18th, 2007 at 05:45am
To me this song (as well as others) deals with the patient desperately trying to alienate the people who care for him so it'll be easier for him to give up and die. There seems to be a big melodramatic element here as if "I know you don't love me anyway...get out while you can" kind of thing because the patient is scared. I really think that's a major theme of the record...the power of loved ones in time of need.
Miketh Way.
Salute You in Your Grave
Miketh Way.
March 18th, 2007 at 05:53am
i really think that this song is about someone a person in the band really loved and then they broke up.

"sometimes i cry so hard from pleading " - they cant take the pain anymore. they need to get back to the person they love.
xxtearsofblue
Killjoy
xxtearsofblue
March 18th, 2007 at 10:57am
This song has so much meaning and power to it; I cried the first time I listened to the song and the first time I saw the video. I think the song is trying to express the need for love as human beings. I think the patient is confused with his feelings for the person he's speaking to in "I Don't Love You"...He can't live with or without this person. But the person obviously is walking away from the patient and there's no turning back ("And would you even turn to say/I don't love you" ) .
justme
Killjoy
justme
March 19th, 2007 at 10:29pm
Ok, people.......The Black Parade album is focused around a patient dying of cancer......not Gerard! Cancer causes tissue to blacken. The man in the video just found out he has cancer which is why he is represented as blackened, and is not the same person he was yesterday due to this crushing event. The brilliantly white woman represents purity, wholeness, and an untainted innocence. Due to the fact that his perspective in life has dramatically changed, their relationship falls apart and crumbles. Which is why you see them crumble towards the end. The kiss was his way of saying goodbye. Lets just say...Gerard knows his shit. In other words, cancer causes unfathomable devastation.
forbidinlove
Killjoy
forbidinlove
March 20th, 2007 at 04:11am
well ovusly its all based around cancer .. but it has too have soome personal meaning
Blue to help me Fall
Salute You in Your Grave
Blue to help me Fall
March 23rd, 2007 at 02:27am
Not really, he was singing at least the chorus at the end of their DVD so it has been around for some time. Maybe they wrote it and waited to fit it onto an album and the patient story worked
GOTHICfairyPRINCESS
Killjoy
GOTHICfairyPRINCESS
March 23rd, 2007 at 01:56pm
i think ti is about when you trhink you are madly in love and then something happens between both of you and you realise youtr fellings werent as strong as you thought and that your not in love.
i am probably wrong though
cannotdeletethis
Killjoy
cannotdeletethis
March 25th, 2007 at 07:05am
in a press conference, someone asked why does Gerard have blonde hair. Gerard said that he wanted a short white hair so he could look like the character in the album which is The Patient. But in the "I Dont Love You" video, Gerard had it dyed back to black so maybe it means that the song is not about The Patient but something personal. maybe it has something to do with his girlfriend.

you can watch the video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gfp7XgbexSE
F'n'stein xo
Salute You in Your Grave
F'n'stein xo
March 25th, 2007 at 09:31pm
Blue to help me fall:
Not really, he was singing at least the chorus at the end of their DVD so it has been around for some time. Maybe they wrote it and waited to fit it onto an album and the patient story worked

it could be or maybe he did experience a heart break because after i read this i watch the dvd. If you listen to the verse, its different. I can't remember exactly what it said though. But he wrote it and maybe experience a heartbreak and rewrote the lyrics like Gwen did for the song Don't speak.
Melius.
Bleeding on the Floor
Melius.
March 26th, 2007 at 06:42am
This song made me cry. And it still does. It may be something about Gerard got his heart broked once? I don't think it's got annything to do with the patient. I think it's something personal. Maybe a girl left him, without saying goodbye? And he's kind of.. like.. just standing there. Don't know what to do.! "When you go, would you even turn to say; I don't love like I did yesterday." And.. In the video Gerard is crying. I think he know who his song goes to. Offcourse he do know. Hah.! That whas kind of a weird sentenceRazz But.. He kind of opensp his heart in this song . Making a long story short: It's something personal. I think Smile
Brian Schechter
Banned
Brian Schechter
March 26th, 2007 at 02:32pm
Demolition_Lover666:
This song was written after Gerard broke up with his long-term girlfriend and it is certainly not about Bert. Right after he was done recording famous last words, he had to go back home and talk to his gf and pack his things. It must have been humiliating. I LOVE YOU GEE!!!! In Love Cry

This song was written back in '05. It's on LOTMS and you can hear him singing it there. He broke up with his girlfriend - who was a long term girlfriend - this past summer of 2006. Maybe Gerard just felt like making a song about letting go of someone that they didn't love the same way.

But you're right about Famous Last Words :]

Except, he broke up with her while recording it.
Melius.
Bleeding on the Floor
Melius.
March 27th, 2007 at 05:58am
Yeah, it's on LOTMS Smile I think it's something about Gerard being hurt. It doesn't seem like he've hurted someone . (?) ..Razz But I don't know
Stewie G. Griffin
Motor Baby
Stewie G. Griffin
March 27th, 2007 at 12:52pm
To me, it's like a conversation between Gerard and 'Kat': A catalyst to thier break up.

Gerard sings parts of the song from Kat's perspective. Like she was there while he battled his addictions and got the band started but it was too much, or on the flip side, not enough...
Lines like 'After all the time that you still owe, your still a good for nothing I dont know'; like even after touring with Three Cheers, he hasnt changed and his demons are still there
'Take your gloves and get out'...I associated that with Gerard wearing the Skeleton gloves and so on.
'And after all the blood that you still owe, another dollar's just another blow' Like she realises that everyone wants a piece of him; the fans, record label, t.v...and it's to much to deal with
'So fix your eyes and get out "Fix your eye make-up; your public awaits"... like she's being bitter or sarcastic towards him.

To me, it's like Kat tried to deal with Gerard and the band blowing up, but couldn't; he didnt give her the 100% precent he gave the band.
Yeah... my interpretation.
Melius.
Bleeding on the Floor
Melius.
March 28th, 2007 at 12:03pm
BrooklynVampire:
To me, it's like a conversation between Gerard and 'Kat': A catalyst to thier break up.

Gerard sings parts of the song from Kat's perspective. Like she was there while he battled his addictions and got the band started but it was too much, or on the flip side, not enough...
Lines like 'After all the time that you still owe, your still a good for nothing I dont know'; like even after touring with Three Cheers, he hasnt changed and his demons are still there
'Take your gloves and get out'...I associated that with Gerard wearing the Skeleton gloves and so on.
'And after all the blood that you still owe, another dollar's just another blow' Like she realises that everyone wants a piece of him; the fans, record label, t.v...and it's to much to deal with
'So fix your eyes and get out "Fix your eye make-up; your public awaits"... like she's being bitter or sarcastic towards him.

To me, it's like Kat tried to deal with Gerard and the band blowing up, but couldn't; he didnt give her the 100% precent he gave the band.
Yeah... my interpretation.

I love what you wrote here. You're good at analyzing Cool This is the best theori I've red here, I think Very Happy I couldn't agreed more!
Mr. Green
oo_mitch05_oo
Killjoy
oo_mitch05_oo
March 29th, 2007 at 03:55am
i analyzed it from its music video and the song:

i think its about 2 lovers. the girl thinks that the boy still loves her because he cannot say to her that he doesn't love her anymore and the boy left the girl so the girl was both angry and sad (When you go would you have the guts to say "I don't love you Like I loved you Yesterday"Wink.

the girl starts to comfort herself thinking that she doesn't need him, and when he left her, she didn't stop him as if she doesn't care if he leaves (Well, when you go don't ever think I'll make you try to stay And maybe when you get back I'll be off to find another way)

the girl continues to comfort herself thinking that when the boy gets in trouble, it's what he deserves (Sometimes I cry so hard from pleading so sick and tired of all the needless beating but baby when they knock you down and out It's where you oughta stay ).

also, the girl wants him to leave her because she thinks that he is not good for her ( And after all this time that you still owe you're still the good-for-nothing I don't know so take your gloves and get out better get out while you can).

but when she was thinking these things to comfort her, she didn't get comforted but she felt more hurt because she knows that she still loves him.

did you get what i mean?
it makes perfect sense to me, i don't know about you but this is just what i think... Shocked Smile
Melius.
Bleeding on the Floor
Melius.
March 29th, 2007 at 08:20am
Haha Smile I get it. But I'm kind of stucked on the personal thing. I think it's an personal experiance.
Mrs.Gee Way
Killjoy
Mrs.Gee Way
March 29th, 2007 at 03:25pm
It's about loving someone then all of a sudden, NOT loving them. Maybe links into the patient.
oo_mitch05_oo
Killjoy
oo_mitch05_oo
March 30th, 2007 at 06:12am
hey!!!!

"i don't love you like i did yesterday" can mean 2 things:

1. i love you more today than i have loved you yesterday
2. i don't love you
Melius.
Bleeding on the Floor
Melius.
March 30th, 2007 at 11:33am
Yeah.. But it sounds like "i don't love you" . Who's crying when they're loving some person more and more? ..Razz