Don't have an account? Create one!

I Don't Love You

AuthorMessage
Hail Of Bullets
Killjoy
Hail Of Bullets
March 31st, 2007 at 03:50am
i think the couple in the music video represent the Yin and Yang parts of the yin-yang symbol.

the woman in white has white skin and only her eye pupils are black, (black dot in the white part of yin-yang)

and the man in black has black skin and light couloured eye pupils (white dot in black part of yin yang)

From the net:
In Chinese philosophy, yin and yang represent the two primal cosmic forces in the universe. Yin (moon) is the receptive, passive, cold female force. Yang (sun) is masculine- force, movement, heat. The Yin Yang symbol represents the idealised balance of the forces; equalibrium in the universe
Gerards.sexy.biatch
Killjoy
Gerards.sexy.biatch
April 1st, 2007 at 12:47am
its about a woman who was married to a new york street fighter he met on tour interlaced with gerard him self when he says im off to find another way he acutally means he wants to get married to someone else
PATIENCE
Killjoy
PATIENCE
April 2nd, 2007 at 11:26am
Ill make an useless and pointless contribution to the myriad of suggestions hat have already been posted alas, i have 6 hours to kill...

THE VIDEO
completely unrelated to any of the others, wttbp and fml, are rather seamless at the end and start of both. All it is is a rather surreal world with two obvious lovers, one black the other white. The band playing in a courtyard (?) and then falling from a cliff.

MY INTERPRETATION
Maybe there is alot of connotations and denotations to this. Pehaps, the obvious racist metaphor, they cant be together for their skin colours.
Or perhaps yin and yang the two opposites, and for that they cant love.
Other ways, maybe it is based on the patience's early love with someone and he had to leave for the war, he was upset but realises that he doesn't love her anymore so it doesn't matter anyway.

At the end we see things blowing up and the guys falling, maybe like, this means the end of everything, and falling is the going down into a spiral of chaos once one thing happens to life, alot of shit will happen after that.

Finally the woman, crying black blood/water.
She could be crying for she doesn't know what happened to the guy in the war, or she realises her mistakes and regrets things she may have done to the guy.
Ultimately i think she is crying the blood of the deceased guy, to remind us that they were once very very close, although those days are now over forever.

GERARD PERSONALE
My history of Gerard and Bert is rather shady as i don't like knowing the personal life's of my hero's as i think its private, unless one is a backstabber and lets it go to shit by methods of press.

But what I know is that they were obviously more then good friends, so good for them then. And the lyrics of THAT song and this may have obvious references but alas y'know they the BLACK PARADE is more of an epic story of a young cancer patience but also a very personal work by MCR.
PATIENCE
Killjoy
PATIENCE
April 2nd, 2007 at 11:50am
'So sick and tired of all the needless beating'
'Another dollars just another blow'

I hate to be crude, but are these sexual in anyway ?

BEATING: beating off-masturbation
BLOW: blow job-fellatio

Maybe instead of what i said, its about a rent-boy that falls in love with an older 'client' lol maybe ?

I doubt it though cos these are the only sexual things I picked up
oo_mitch05_oo
Killjoy
oo_mitch05_oo
April 3rd, 2007 at 06:27am
Smashing Pumpkin:
Yeah.. But it sounds like "i don't love you" . Who's crying when they're loving some person more and more? ..Razz

a person who is not loved back by the person they are loving more and more... Laughing
oo_mitch05_oo
Killjoy
oo_mitch05_oo
April 3rd, 2007 at 08:27am
I have another opinion about this song...

I think that the song is the point of view of the patient’s loved one…

The patient’s loved one says that when the patient dies, she will accept it. (Well, when you go Don't ever think I'll make you try to stay And maybe when you get back I'll be off to find another way)

She says that even though he is about to die, he is still doing bad things instead of spending his last days with kindness. (And after all this time that you still owe You're still the good-for-nothing I don't know)

She thinks that the patient should correct the wrong doings that he did. (So take your gloves and get out Better get out While you can)

She is very sad to see the patient suffer from his disease. (Sometimes I cry so hard from pleading So sick and tired of all the needless beating)

She thinks that when he dies, it’s the best for him instead of suffering. (But baby when they knock you Down and out It's where you oughta stay)

I think that the patient’s disease needs blood transfusions… When the patients get his blood transfusions, the money that they’re spending is just wasted because the blood transfusion is useless ‘cause he’s going to die anyway. (And after all the blood that you still owe Another dollar's just another blow)

She thinks that the patient should spend his time with her while he still has time to live. (So fix your eyes and get up Better get up While you can)

She asks the patient that when he dies, would he even struggle for his life just to tell her that he loves her more than he had loved her yesterday because that may be the last time he can say to her that he loves her. (When you go Would you have the guts to say "I don't love you Like I loved you Yesterday"Wink

Mr. Green is it confusing? Dance
Embarassed
Heartquake
Salute You in Your Grave
Heartquake
April 5th, 2007 at 12:18pm
i dont know where else to ask this:
is gerard the man in all the black makeup in the video?
TheNewLondonFire
Motor Baby
TheNewLondonFire
April 5th, 2007 at 06:35pm
Okay, I agree with the majority of you all on what this song is about: Gerard/a random guy is on the brink of splitting up with his girlfriend because of all the things she's done.

However, I don't understand one line in the song:
"When after all this time that you still owe
You're still, the good-for-nothing I don't know"

Maybe it's just me, but the metaphor behind this...well, I just can't see one. Would anyone mind explaining it to me?
Brian Schechter
Banned
Brian Schechter
April 6th, 2007 at 12:01am
Tennis Ninja Twins:

uhh.
no. lol.

they look nothing alike..
Stewie G. Griffin
Motor Baby
Stewie G. Griffin
April 6th, 2007 at 09:27am
xEmergencyxDollx:
However, I don't understand one line in the song:
"When after all this time that you still owe
You're still, the good-for-nothing I don't know"

Maybe it's just me, but the metaphor behind this...well, I just can't see one. Would anyone mind explaining it to me?

I think my metaphor/ analysing of the song was appropriate; the song has been around since LOTMS and I still think that it was written after a row between Gerard and his gf 'Kat'. Check it out- its on the last page.
TheNewLondonFire
Motor Baby
TheNewLondonFire
April 6th, 2007 at 10:00am
BrooklynVampire:
To me, it's like a conversation between Gerard and 'Kat': A catalyst to thier break up.

Gerard sings parts of the song from Kat's perspective. Like she was there while he battled his addictions and got the band started but it was too much, or on the flip side, not enough...
Lines like 'After all the time that you still owe, your still a good for nothing I dont know'; like even after touring with Three Cheers, he hasnt changed and his demons are still there
'Take your gloves and get out'...I associated that with Gerard wearing the Skeleton gloves and so on.
'And after all the blood that you still owe, another dollar's just another blow' Like she realises that everyone wants a piece of him; the fans, record label, t.v...and it's to much to deal with
'So fix your eyes and get out "Fix your eye make-up; your public awaits"... like she's being bitter or sarcastic towards him.

To me, it's like Kat tried to deal with Gerard and the band blowing up, but couldn't; he didnt give her the 100% precent he gave the band.
Yeah... my interpretation.

I totally agree with you. That seems perfectly correct.
And thanks for clearing up the line I didn't get.
mcr_4ever
Joining The Black Parade
mcr_4ever
April 6th, 2007 at 04:18pm
it's probably about how gerard way doesn't love his gf anymore and how he doesn't know how to tell her about it that he knows she'll be broken apart and how he feels about the situition and afraid of how it will turn out
Heartquake
Salute You in Your Grave
Heartquake
April 6th, 2007 at 08:21pm
Rawrr X Romance:
Tennis Ninja Twins:

uhh.
no. lol.

they look nothing alike..

i dont know u cant really say that because i thought their noses looked the same and of course you are gonna look nothing like the real you in all head to toe makeup! once i saw this show with my fave actor and then he came on in head to toe black makeup and i didnt even realize it was him until he started talking so thats why i asked the question.
Truth
Killjoy
Truth
April 8th, 2007 at 11:22am
It's a cool clear message this song, that she's left him and she didn't even turn to say "I don't Love you" like she suppositely did, yesterday. At the end is the best, where he changes it around himself and kinda decides that well screw you, I DONT LOVE YOU LIKE I LOVE YOU YESTERDAY!
Black Meriah
Really Not Okay
Black Meriah
April 8th, 2007 at 01:03pm
xEmergencyxDollx:
BrooklynVampire:
To me, it's like a conversation between Gerard and 'Kat': A catalyst to thier break up.

Gerard sings parts of the song from Kat's perspective. Like she was there while he battled his addictions and got the band started but it was too much, or on the flip side, not enough...
Lines like 'After all the time that you still owe, your still a good for nothing I dont know'; like even after touring with Three Cheers, he hasnt changed and his demons are still there
'Take your gloves and get out'...I associated that with Gerard wearing the Skeleton gloves and so on.
'And after all the blood that you still owe, another dollar's just another blow' Like she realises that everyone wants a piece of him; the fans, record label, t.v...and it's to much to deal with
'So fix your eyes and get out "Fix your eye make-up; your public awaits"... like she's being bitter or sarcastic towards him.

To me, it's like Kat tried to deal with Gerard and the band blowing up, but couldn't; he didnt give her the 100% precent he gave the band.
Yeah... my interpretation.

I totally agree with you. That seems perfectly correct.
And thanks for clearing up the line I didn't get.

Yea, ITA with you two... This is a great song, and I think it's about how to lovers drift apart when things in your life chance, and your priorities change. I don't love you like I loved you yesterday after all that's happened, he/she don't feel the same, or maybe they do, but they are angry that so much has changed between them.
F'n'stein xo
Salute You in Your Grave
F'n'stein xo
April 8th, 2007 at 10:03pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVI0h2oqix0&NR=1...a radio interview with the band talking about the song.
mikeyxvampirexlover
Killjoy
mikeyxvampirexlover
April 9th, 2007 at 10:27pm
this song is about Olivia getting pregnant and making Gerard believe that it was his when it wasn't & if you don't believe me then go to one of their concerts & see for yourself...when I went, right before they played the song he said that it was about a girl who broke his heart & so on & so forth!!!
im not broken!
Killjoy
im not broken!
April 10th, 2007 at 09:34am
I KNO FOR A FACT "I DON'T LOVE YOU" IS ABOUT GERARD JUST GETTING OUT OF A 6 YR RELATIONSHIP AND HE BROKE IT OFF, CAUSE GERARD DIDN'T WANNA GO ON TOUR WHILE DATING HER. THEN HE CAME BACK AND SHE WAS NAKED WITH ANOTHER GUY IN BED.......YEPP ITS ALL ON THIS PIECE OF PAPER I HAVE
Gerard lover13
Killjoy
Gerard lover13
April 10th, 2007 at 03:41pm
i think its about gerard liking someone for a week or something and he figures out something about her past that makes him hate her or something like that who knows?
blazing_six-guns
Killjoy
blazing_six-guns
April 11th, 2007 at 01:24pm
Killing_Jar:
Well, i thought it was about gerard getting his heart broken, quite simply. It seems as though he is trying to speak to them through the song, "youre still the good for nothing im not...fix your eyes and get up...baby get up..while you can". i think it hints at a destructive lifestyle "youre still the good for nothing im not" and hes telling them to stop their self harm, and realize what they are doing "fix your eyes and get up..while you can". people think its about bert.

That makes sense, but in the music video it seems like the guy is leaving the girl, not the other way around - so how can it be about Gerard getting his heart broken? Is he leaving her because of her destructive lifestyle and it breaks his heart that he doesn't want to be with her because of that?

just a thought, hehehe ^_^