Don't have an account? Create one!

I Don't Love You

AuthorMessage
Bleeding; Juliet
Motor Baby
Bleeding; Juliet
April 11th, 2007 at 04:07pm
Tickle Me Sara:
I thought it was about a relationship between to lovers falling apart.
They've been together a few months, then things just start to go down hill.
The girl, the guys lover, starts betraying him. He starts seein a different side
of his love. That she's disrespectful, immature, ignorant. And something
happens that causes a big fight. And the guy gets to thinking, and after the fight
he still loves her as much as he did before. But he just doesn't love her the
same way. He feels he's always pleading to her to not, harm her self, or say,
or do hurtful things she does ay go "Sometimes I cry so hard from pleading"
and feel the she's beating him down by the hurtful things she does
"So sick and tired of all the needless beating" Say she's hanging around a
bunch of drugies that maybe she goes too far with, and because of those drugs
she's knocked down and out, or possibly emotionally she's down and out.
"But baby when they knock you Down and out" The guy witnesses her down and
out, and even though he loves her, he thinks she should just stay their. Just
because of how she's treated him. "It's where you oughta stay"

Basically he's saying he doesn't want her anymore, he still loves her, just not
like he did before. If she tries to leave, he wouldn't give a care to stop her.
And if she ever returned he would be off somewhere else, moving on with his
life, bettering him self and his life. And possibly be with someone better.

Over all it's a abusive relationship getting to the worst of it's days, and ending.
The pain and all such to go along with it.

That's what I get out of the song.

thats an amazing summary wow

i think its just love starting strong like a newly fully bloomed rose (like the beuaty and the beast rose) but gradually withers and dies and all you have left is the fallen pedals and a stem broken in two (the hearts that have grown apart)
Bleeding; Juliet
Motor Baby
Bleeding; Juliet
April 11th, 2007 at 04:08pm
(i put this up before)

i think its just love starting strong like a newly fully bloomed rose (like the beuaty and the beast rose) but gradually withers and dies and all you have left is the fallen pedals and a stem broken in two (the hearts that have grown apart)
ray-toro-is-god
Killjoy
ray-toro-is-god
April 12th, 2007 at 11:05am
my first thought was that there are two lovers and one of them is saying that when one of them leaves will they explain why,will they say that they love the other one like they used to or will they just leave....but after looking at lyrics i didnt really know...im very good with the whole song meanings thing lol
James Euringer
Bleeding on the Floor
James Euringer
April 12th, 2007 at 12:30pm
i like all the possiblities but think for a minute.....maybe gee found someone that he really loved i'm saying someone not a girl or boy. And then they broke his heart and that's how we the fans got "I don't love you". That's my guess/ Just someone broke him.
LOVE?
Fabulous Killjoy
LOVE?
April 12th, 2007 at 01:57pm
that song really means that if u don't love me i don't love u...... thats my opiono so yah have a good day! Bye
Disturbia
Salute You in Your Grave
Disturbia
April 12th, 2007 at 04:50pm
Gerard said in an interveiw on my local radio station tt this song wasnt wrote on personal experience, and that it was based on what gerard see's around him, Eg, his frends having lovers and not loving them and stuff like that.
MCR.fan.For.Life.
Killjoy
MCR.fan.For.Life.
April 12th, 2007 at 10:14pm
I heard this song was like about someone in the band recently broke up with a girlfriend or something like that, and they wanted to express their feelings through song =)
MELIWAY1530
Killjoy
MELIWAY1530
April 13th, 2007 at 12:32am
I THINK ITS IT ABOUT GERARDS EX HE WAS WITH HER FOR 6 YRS AND AND BROKE UP WITH HER A WHILE AGO SO I THINK ITS ABOUT HER . HE WAS VERY UPSET FOR A WHILE . AND MIKEY GOT SO PISSED AT PEEPS FOR SAYING THINGS ABOUT HIS BRAKE UP . AND NOW WELL IDK. AND THIS TOO BERT AND GERARD SLIP A WHILE AFTER IN LOVE AND DEATH CAME OUT SOMWHERE IN OCTOBER SO THATS WHAT I THINK
Danger.Zone--
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Danger.Zone--
April 13th, 2007 at 01:14am
Maybe it is a bout gerard saying to a friend he dosent love them(Nonsexual)A drug friend And tell them to fix there eyes and leave

OR

About his Friend thats a girl and sayin fix your eyes ansd get out will you can
Meaning leave befor i freak out!!!and knok you out!!
emo drama queen
Salute You in Your Grave
emo drama queen
April 14th, 2007 at 08:54am
black_parade_85:
OH DEAR LORD!!! I keep reading this thing about Bert and Gerard but please tell me it is not true.. Cry

Cheese waaa???

IDLY~~~~

--Well when u go, don't ever think i make u'll try to stay- yah maybe, he's really got the guts to prove that he dosen't really love the girl and will never be....

--Well when u go, would you even turn to say, I DON'T LOVE YOU LIKE I DID YESTERDAY- means will the girl have guts to prove that he dosen't like the boy anymore...

--Sometimes I cry so hard from pleading- means he dosen't want to let go of the girl, so he pleads to come back??? Mr. Green *toink* well anyway..

~~may the guy already dosen't like the girl, maybe they fight for some particular reason or something... or maybe they are getting sick and tired of each other, so the guy maybe wanted to tell the truth to the girl>>>??? Shocked wehehehehe... LOL! ^_^
DeToxic8_MCRmy
Killjoy
DeToxic8_MCRmy
April 15th, 2007 at 06:21am
Hi!,,
I'm new here but I think this Song is self-evedent.
I can relate to this song having been Dumped a few times, once it was I who did the Dumping & found it's not much better. Breaking Up Sukkess!! Period
try to smooth it over with empty phrases about still being Friends & 'it's not oyu its me...' etc. Or What if You just Tell the Truth? Say "I hate you for hurting me like this but I still need you so badly I would take it all back in a heartbeat" or something, but you know better. Just kill the Nerve! "so sick of All the Needless
Needing" Why, why, why must we continue to cling to Hopeless Relationships?
Is it because of their very hopelessness?
James Euringer
Bleeding on the Floor
James Euringer
April 15th, 2007 at 08:44pm
black_parade_85:
OH DEAR LORD!!! I keep reading this thing about Bert and Gerard but please tell me it is not true.. Cry

its just that Gee and Bert had a very close relationship that no one really knoes the details about.
Brain damage
Salute You in Your Grave
Brain damage
April 18th, 2007 at 07:44pm
i herad somwhere it whas about gerads formaly girlfriend and they where together for 6 years ,,and it s about how i just stopt loveing here and how the spak just died out!..
Solitary Style.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Solitary Style.
April 20th, 2007 at 09:59pm
Yeah, I just figured it was about an abusive relationship. The singer/abusee has finally realized that he's being mistreated, and that he won't take it anymore.

But the video is odd--two odd-looking lovers in a field, and random items exploding. I don't know if the video would help to interpret the meaning of the song or not.
Brain damage
Salute You in Your Grave
Brain damage
April 21st, 2007 at 07:34am
i dont think this song is about bert S,,
i think its about gerards ex they where together for 6 years or something and just
broke up i think Rolling Eyes
but the song has a lot of lines i cant understand
like , take your gloves and get out?..
now that culd be about bert ,
i think maeby this song is about 2 persons ,,
bert and his ex..
i maeby she was cheating on him ,,
"another dollar was just another blow"
(about his ex)
so take your gloves and get out
better get out
wile you can"
(about bert and taking about how he shuld stop doing drugs before they hurt him"Wink
well this is how i look at the song
My house of Vampires
Killjoy
My house of Vampires
April 23rd, 2007 at 04:29pm
OK, but where does all this fit in on a concept album? about the patient? Whos just died? or does it not?
Brain damage
Salute You in Your Grave
Brain damage
April 23rd, 2007 at 06:44pm
My house of Vampires:
OK, but where does all this fit in on a concept album? about the patient? Whos just died? or does it not?

...mabey the song is about bert and this girl right?...but that dosnt mean that it cant be about the patients love to?..but if you realy think about it maybe that the patient is gerard ?i mean he wanted to change is hair colour to look like the patient so culd be that the album is about patient /Gerard?
MikeyWayMCR
Killjoy
MikeyWayMCR
April 24th, 2007 at 12:59pm
hey!!! i fink itz bout Gerard coz mi friend told me he had juzt slpit from a long-term relationship n i fink itz bout hiz gf lyk, kinda dumpin Gerard, or sumthin, mayb! Smile Very Happy
Brain damage
Salute You in Your Grave
Brain damage
April 24th, 2007 at 06:03pm
hahahah yeh they where to gether for 6 years loveVery Happy
Solitary Style.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Solitary Style.
April 24th, 2007 at 08:37pm
mcrfan_ice:
i dont think this song is about bert S,,
i think its about gerards ex they where together for 6 years or something and just
broke up i think Rolling Eyes
but the song has a lot of lines i cant understand
like , take your gloves and get out?..
now that culd be about bert ,
i think maeby this song is about 2 persons ,,
bert and his ex..
i maeby she was cheating on him ,,
"another dollar was just another blow"
(about his ex)
so take your gloves and get out
better get out
wile you can"
(about bert and taking about how he shuld stop doing drugs before they hurt him"Wink
well this is how i look at the song

I thought that the "gloves" bit was referring to boxing gloves. The aggressor/abuser has metaphorically been hitting Gerard.

The "dollar" part, I thought that meant that the abuser was a mooch, taking all his money.