Gerard didn't like that
He thought she wasn't like that
So He's not ofuckingkay lol
I love saying that
EmoMCRKid
Killjoy
EmoMCRKid
April 28th, 2010 at 12:50pm
its about Gerard when he was in high school and how bad it can seem but you should never give up on your dreams
GorgeousNightmare!
Salute You in Your Grave
GorgeousNightmare!
May 1st, 2010 at 11:45am
Its about the girl he had a huge crush on
who took dirty pics with her boyfriend obviously.
I think it also has to do with how sucky his high school years were.
Every MCR fan knows how bad he had it in HS.
XxGoLightYourWorldxX
Killjoy
XxGoLightYourWorldxX
July 31st, 2010 at 10:53pm
Well, i believe that he's telling you of how he went through high school, and there was this girl he really liked, who took demeaning photos of herself with her boyfriend who obviously wasn't Gerard.
but great song, great songVery Happy
i_love_bob_bryar
Killjoy
i_love_bob_bryar
August 5th, 2010 at 05:45am
It is about not being okay. And gerards ex-girlfriends taking disturbing oictures of herself
mcrfreak19
Killjoy
mcrfreak19
October 14th, 2010 at 02:16pm
I agree with basically everyone elses comments tht it was about a girl that gerard liked in high school tht took nasty pics.
xoxomycemxoxo
Killjoy
xoxomycemxoxo
October 23rd, 2010 at 06:03pm
Well... Im Not Okay is truely for people that want to express their feelings. People who really dont give a damn what everyone thinks. They DONT want to fit in. Which is really the song of my life. Soooo....
screwlinseygeeismine
Killjoy
screwlinseygeeismine
November 14th, 2010 at 03:40pm
It's about not being okay, through the trauma of everything Gerard has faced, just generally not being okay.
maxysred
Killjoy
maxysred
February 6th, 2011 at 05:17pm
The song i'm not okay is about when Gerard was in high school and he was in love with his best friend but she broke his heart by taking some really scadalous pictures with her boyfriend. So in the song is saying that he is going to be honest and just come out and say he is not ok!!!!!
bennyluv98
Killjoy
bennyluv98
January 29th, 2012 at 10:05am
This song reminds me of me right now. Some of my friends are complete idiots and it frustrates me that I still hang out with them and I hate how awkward and stupid and fake middle school is. Just 4 more months and I'll be in highschool. Is there anyone here who can help me survive that long before I lose my freaking mind?
My Sweet Revenge14
Killjoy
My Sweet Revenge14
March 11th, 2012 at 01:06am
It's pretty self explanatory the tittle is called I'M NOT OKAY( i promise) and the song talks about how he felt(Gerard) on how people treated him and btw I LOVE THIS SONG!!! Very Happy
angelofthemissed
Fabulous Killjoy
angelofthemissed
March 26th, 2012 at 07:51pm
I'm not okay always seemed to me to be about feeling depressed ans desperately wanting help, but just can't figure out how to let anyone know
Camilla
Killjoy
Camilla
March 29th, 2012 at 01:27pm
even though I know Gerard wrote this because of a girl, I believe it's about that even though you say you're okay, it doesn't mean it(I'm okay, trust me. I'm not okay!) and your friends may say they know you, but they don't really(you said you read me like a book, but the pages are all thorn and frayed now).
ninja2240
Killjoy
ninja2240
April 21st, 2012 at 05:47pm
life sucks this life is worthless so really im not okay i promise!
morgana le faye
Thinking Happy Thoughts
morgana le faye
April 29th, 2012 at 01:15am
Personally I think it's about throwing away precautions and just yelling how you really feel. Because normally you just plaster a smile on your face and say you're fine. This song while telling you to say hwo you really feel shows you that others feel the same way. They want to hide how they feel yet they still shout it to the world.

Sorry if that's not what it actually means but this is what I feel it means
ninja2240
Killjoy
ninja2240
May 10th, 2012 at 01:17pm
its about gerard wanting a girl he really liked. then one day he saw her taking sluty pics with her bf and he cudnt take it and got really depressed
CharlotteLovesFood
Killjoy
CharlotteLovesFood
May 24th, 2012 at 04:17pm
I love this song! <3 im sure its about a girl Gerard liked, thats really sweet in a wierd way! But thats mcr for you! :p xx
padfoot
Killjoy
padfoot
November 27th, 2012 at 04:04am
High School love gone bad
Black_Parader_Helena
Killjoy
Black_Parader_Helena
March 16th, 2015 at 03:31pm
I think it's about not fitting in, being an outsider, being bullied for it, being picked on by the popular kids, and, towards the end of the official music video, eventually overcoming it.
Black_Parader_Helena
Killjoy
Black_Parader_Helena
March 16th, 2015 at 03:31pm
I think it's about not fitting in, being an outsider, being bullied for it, being picked on by the popular kids, and, towards the end of the official music video, eventually overcoming it.