I'm Not Okay (I Promise)

AuthorMessage
xdreamforthedeadx
Killjoy
xdreamforthedeadx
March 11th, 2007 at 08:03pm
xx Lifes lush lips:
aLLiWaNTiSGeRaRD:
does anyone know what it means in the video when the girl comes down from the toilet?????

She had some form of sex with the guy in the stall. I'm pretty sure that's it because the quote for it says "If you've ever felt unclean"
thanks, i thought that might be it, but they weren't in there very long, so i wasn't sure
ciaobellamuerte
Killjoy
ciaobellamuerte
March 12th, 2007 at 07:44am
She had some form of sex with the guy in the stall. I'm pretty sure that's it because the quote for it says "If you've ever felt unclean"
------------------
do you know if the guy is gerard? is the girl the one who took the pics with her bf? sorry, me and alliwantisgerard have been trying to figure this out for a while Mr. Green
heartache to sing
Bleeding on the Floor
heartache to sing
March 13th, 2007 at 08:35pm
I think it might have been that Gerard liked this girl and she probably messed around with him and maybe lied to him about having a boyfriend. And then he found out and got pissed off.

I think it's also about his other experiences in high school, like being an outcast, and all the people that were assholes to him, etc. Be prepared to feel REVENGE.Twisted Evil
patrick wolf
Salute You in Your Grave
patrick wolf
March 14th, 2007 at 06:06am
i still love this song and every1 b4 me has clearly said what it means coz this song is easy to understand. But the im not ok video is lyk my all time favorite video. its so funny yet so true and is so much lyk real life its not funny (except i dont get excited when i get an F)
ciaobellamuerte
Killjoy
ciaobellamuerte
March 14th, 2007 at 04:27pm
k, so does anyone else know who the 2 people in the bathroom were?
DylanLee-Way
Fabulous Killjoy
DylanLee-Way
March 17th, 2007 at 04:35am
i just think THIS IS THE MOST EXPRESSIVE SONG of MCR!!!
maybe Gerard made it when he was depressed....

am i right?
x-I'm Not Okay-x
Killjoy
x-I'm Not Okay-x
March 17th, 2007 at 11:33am
This song means so many different things to me. I know this song is about Gerard's crush taking skanky pics, but in the video you see a lot of bullying. and u notice the members of mcr are the outcasts. anyway... MCR proves to us that even outcasts can grow up to be something great! Love ya MCR!
fxckingChelz''
Killjoy
fxckingChelz''
March 18th, 2007 at 02:36am
i thought it was basically gerard at high school...
cos somewhere in an interview about it ((I THINK)) it said
"i wasn't hated at high school, i was just ignored."
Or something like that. Maybe the songs about how he wasn't "okay" with it.
heartache to sing
Bleeding on the Floor
heartache to sing
March 18th, 2007 at 03:55am
Yeah, I remember something along the same lines...he said that he was tired of being ignored and he was tired of being called a fag.
sweet dreams.
Salute You in Your Grave
sweet dreams.
March 24th, 2007 at 01:18pm
The way I think of this song is that life just really sucks, and it can get really hard. It's not like you just go crawl in a corner and cry, you get up and cause a scene about it. That's the rock-and-roll way to handle it. "I'm Not Okay." I don't really think anyone is truly okay.
Dr. Manhattan
Bleeding on the Floor
Dr. Manhattan
March 28th, 2007 at 05:53pm
when everyone is like
"are you okay"
and your just

"No im not o-fucking-kay" and no one seems to get the fact
that your fucked up and un happy
seraphina0013
Killjoy
seraphina0013
April 12th, 2007 at 05:24pm
gerard is singing abt how when he was in high school that he wasn't ok. when it gets to the part when he sings, "i'm okay, i'm okay, trust me. i'm not okay." he's trying to fool himself into thinking that he's ok when he really isn't.
fxckingChelz''
Killjoy
fxckingChelz''
April 13th, 2007 at 06:58am
seraphina0013:
gerard is singing abt how when he was in high school that he wasn't ok. when it gets to the part when he sings, "i'm okay, i'm okay, trust me. i'm not okay." he's trying to fool himself into thinking that he's ok when he really isn't.

Yeah that last bit sounds really good, about talking himself into it.
its like
"im okay im okay".
"no dude, you're not".
Solitary Style.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Solitary Style.
April 18th, 2007 at 02:04pm
Okay, I've read tons of comments about how Gerard, in high school, saw this girl. They hung out behind her boyfriend's back, and he suspected something, etc.

But does this have anything to do with the Demolition Lovers story? I've been reading a few theories around the INO message board, and one person seems to think that after the man is killed, the woman is forced to marry the killer. This theory helps to explain several complexities throughout "Three Cheers." I'm just trying to fit this into the album's concept--maybe this song is also making allusions to the tension between the two protagonists and the antagonist of the story? Just a thought.
Brain damage
Salute You in Your Grave
Brain damage
April 18th, 2007 at 07:47pm
i feel quet sorry for him in the song :S
i mean he was inlove with this girl an dse just blows it in his face
welll that sucks
..is it just me or ar all there songs about gerard:S?
gerardwayfan101
Killjoy
gerardwayfan101
April 19th, 2007 at 05:46pm
i think that this song is about not being okay with yourself && not having a great future ahead of you.
LadyofSorrows34
Killjoy
LadyofSorrows34
April 20th, 2007 at 12:12am
arsonist; edlaine:
Here, I found the quote:

"When I was writing it, I was remembering how hard it was to be a 16-year-old in high school. I always wanted to be an artist, so I was this loner kid who just got drunk all the time. I only had one real friend. There was a girl I really liked, and she ended up taking really sleazy photographs with her boyfriend, and that really crushed me, I was just swimming in this pit of despair, jealousy and alcoholism."

wow you have been through a lot
fxckingChelz''
Killjoy
fxckingChelz''
April 22nd, 2007 at 12:24am
LadyofSorrows34:
arsonist; edlaine:
Here, I found the quote:

"When I was writing it, I was remembering how hard it was to be a 16-year-old in high school. I always wanted to be an artist, so I was this loner kid who just got drunk all the time. I only had one real friend. There was a girl I really liked, and she ended up taking really sleazy photographs with her boyfriend, and that really crushed me, I was just swimming in this pit of despair, jealousy and alcoholism."

wow you have been through a lot

its saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad.
poor gerard, he's so fxcked up.
but we love him.
xYEW.W0ULD.KN0Ex
Killjoy
xYEW.W0ULD.KN0Ex
April 22nd, 2007 at 03:19pm
This song is about a girl Gerard used to be friends with and he realllyyy liked her and she ended up taking some really sleezy pics with her boyfriend and it made gerard feel jealous and really mad...
emo drama queen
Salute You in Your Grave
emo drama queen
April 24th, 2007 at 12:44am
The song's lyrics deal with emotional issues relating to relationship break-ups, in particular, those of lead singer Gerard Way and his high school experiences of adolescent loneliness and angst. The song's overtly sentimental lyrics ushered people to label the band as "emo".The plot of the song is believed to be about the protagonist of the album confronting a teenager at a high school who has commenced a school shooting. The protagonist takes the life of the student as part of his deal with Satan. The song supposedly is sung from the student's perspective.

-source: wikipedia