Don't have an account? Create one!

It's Not A Fashion Statement, It's A Deathwish

AuthorMessage
Janel0015
Killjoy
Janel0015
April 16th, 2007 at 12:35pm
hmm i think...
there's a man( lets call him... ric ) and his bestfriend...( lets call him angelo ) and one day ric and angelo met a girl ( lets call her .. janine ) i think ric try to ill translate in tagalog " MANLIGAW " on janine but...
his bestfriend ay nanliligaw .. too... and when ric founds out that the two are dating... his heart broke and want to get revenge on the two

and this is the other one i think
a group is trying to bully one person " or the one in the song " and accidentally killed him and they burried him... somewhere.. but they found out that " THE MAIN CHARACTER IN THE SONG " lived and trying to get revenge on them by taking them down with him..

and i think it has the connection on the story of the three cheers for sweet revenge...

^^_^^
-so what do you think?-
dear matthew
Joining The Black Parade
dear matthew
April 16th, 2007 at 07:07pm
i think the meaning of the song revolves around the fact that sometimes relationships bring nothing but bad, and he sits there and says at the end "im not afraid off falling, i wil fall for you i will fall for you......." representing just getting the chance to be with the person will make up for the bad
emo drama queen
Salute You in Your Grave
emo drama queen
April 17th, 2007 at 07:41am
what's up with the part of YOU GET A LIFETIME??? bcuz that's what u deserve??? waa???

~~FOR WHAT YOU DID TO ME
AND I'LL DO TO YOU
YOU'LL GET WHAT EVERYONE ELSE GETS
YOU GET A LIFETIME~~
emo drama queen
Salute You in Your Grave
emo drama queen
April 17th, 2007 at 07:43am
Janel0015:
hmm i think...
there's a man( lets call him... ric ) and his bestfriend...( lets call him angelo ) and one day ric and angelo met a girl ( lets call her .. janine ) i think ric try to ill translate in tagalog " MANLIGAW " on janine but...
his bestfriend ay nanliligaw .. too... and when ric founds out that the two are dating... his heart broke and want to get revenge on the two

and this is the other one i think
a group is trying to bully one person " or the one in the song " and accidentally killed him and they burried him... somewhere.. but they found out that " THE MAIN CHARACTER IN THE SONG " lived and trying to get revenge on them by taking them down with him..

and i think it has the connection on the story of the three cheers for sweet revenge...

^^_^^
-so what do you think?-

MANLILIGAW- suitors LOL! kailangan pang gamitin ang MAGLILIGAW ahahahaha... LOL! ^_^
Solitary Style.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Solitary Style.
April 17th, 2007 at 10:06pm
I hate to sound like a newbie, or a bitch, but wtf is manligaw, gamitin, magliligaw???
imeanthis_4ever
Killjoy
imeanthis_4ever
April 18th, 2007 at 06:40pm
Solitary Style:
I hate to sound like a newbie, or a bitch, but wtf is manligaw, gamitin, magliligaw???

lol i have no idea, but i know it's in tagalog [language of the philippines]. i'm filipino but ii have NO idea how to speak it..

[edit]

i asked my mom & she said it means like courting someone.
imeanthis_4ever
Killjoy
imeanthis_4ever
April 18th, 2007 at 06:41pm
frank's sister:
what's up with the part of YOU GET A LIFETIME??? bcuz that's what u deserve??? waa???

~~FOR WHAT YOU DID TO ME
AND I'LL DO TO YOU
YOU'LL GET WHAT EVERYONE ELSE GETS
YOU GET A LIFETIME~~

if you read my theory it would probably explain these lines.
CHLOEE
Killjoy
CHLOEE
May 1st, 2007 at 04:41pm
Cover Me In Gasoline:
I think it means that that people shouldn't self harm and its telling you, you shouldn't so it for fashion and its a deathwish hence the name its not a fashion statement its a deathwish

thats such a good point!!
oo_mitch05_oo
Killjoy
oo_mitch05_oo
May 3rd, 2007 at 09:34am
i think this song is about the male demolition lover.

"for what you did to me, and what i'll do to you, you get what anyone else gets, you get a lifetime". . .the male demolition lover is talking to his killer and seeking for his revenge.

" do you remember that day when we met you told me this gets harder, well it did". . . he is talking to his killer and saying that his death is hard but it got harder because he wants to see his loved one and to see her, he has to kill evil men (which is hard).

"i'm coming back from the dead and i'll take you home with me, i'm taking back the life you stole". . . he will take his killer to his home which is hell since he already died. and he will take his revenge.

"we never got that far, this helps me to think all through the night". . he is now talking about his loved one and thinking if he should take the deal

"bright lights that won't kill me now, or tell me how just you and i, your satrless eyes remain". . . he is already dead so he can't be killed? idk Laughing

"i will avenge my ghost with every breath i take". . . he will avenge his ghost (d'uh)

"this hole that you put me in wasn't deep enough and i'm climbing out right now you're running out of places to hide from me". . . he is now hunting for his fille.

"when you go just know that i will remember you if living was the hardest part we'll then one day be together and in the end we'll fall apart just like the leaves change in colors and then i will be with you i will be there one last time now". . . .he is talking about his loved one and how they will be together but then will be apart again.

Clap do you even understand what i'm saying? Very Happy
Dr. Manhattan
Bleeding on the Floor
Dr. Manhattan
May 5th, 2007 at 02:36am
"Im taking back the life you stole"
i think its about someone getting hurt,
and they want revenge for all the shit
theyve had to endure from this one person
that causes so much pain to them.
sherlock!
Crash Queen
sherlock!
May 12th, 2007 at 09:56am
Revenge is a concept album, with a story behind it.

Basically, in the album, man and woman get injured, man goes to hell, woman stays on earth. He finds out, he freaks, and asks a little bargain from the devil. So he can kill 1000 evil men on exchange for a brand new life.

So I think, personally, that the song is about him in the climax of the mass murder. Generally, he thinks that what he's doing is for the good of the world. The line that hit me most was "I will avenge my ghost with every breath I take." I don't think that it meant I'm going to rise up from the dead with every lungful of air. I think it meant that he will avenge himself (his "ghost", persay) with every breath he takes, meaning every life he takes. (It's like, breathing gives you life, so with every breath that he takes away from people, he grows stronger and stronger. something like that.)

"This hole you put me in (which, I think, kind of means hell) wasn't deep enough, I'm climbing out right now" means that hell isn't going to keep me away from you, and I will do whatever it takes.

Which is, well, murder.

Well, that's just my speculation. I hope it helps. Smile
sherlock!
Crash Queen
sherlock!
May 12th, 2007 at 10:00am
manliligaw is uhm, yea, like wooing.
gamitin is to use.
manligaw is just another tense of manliligaw, technically.
All you need to know is that it says woo/court, and use.
I'm a Filipino Citizen, and I kind of suck at that subject.
It's excusable that you're full Chinese RIGHT??? RIGHHHTTT???
But, well, I've been in the Philippines my whole life...
Manliligaw... not too fond of the word... Smile
Solitary Style.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Solitary Style.
May 13th, 2007 at 12:41am
x.givEmhelLkiD.x:

The line that hit me most was "I will avenge my ghost with every breath I take." I don't think that it meant I'm going to rise up from the dead with every lungful of air. I think it meant that he will avenge himself (his "ghost", persay) with every breath he takes, meaning every life he takes. (It's like, breathing gives you life, so with every breath that he takes away from people, he grows stronger and stronger. something like that.)

Oh, I like that analysis! I didn't figure "breath I take" was a metaphor until now.
Catastrophic Dreams
Jazz Hands
Catastrophic Dreams
May 13th, 2007 at 12:18pm
Solitary Style.:
x.givEmhelLkiD.x:

The line that hit me most was "I will avenge my ghost with every breath I take." I don't think that it meant I'm going to rise up from the dead with every lungful of air. I think it meant that he will avenge himself (his "ghost", persay) with every breath he takes, meaning every life he takes. (It's like, breathing gives you life, so with every breath that he takes away from people, he grows stronger and stronger. something like that.)

Oh, I like that analysis! I didn't figure "breath I take" was a metaphor until now.
that copletly says the meaning and concept of the song to me
sherlock!
Crash Queen
sherlock!
May 14th, 2007 at 04:08am
OMG... I only realized how odd my explanation was until now...

LOL... Smile
MCR FREAK
Fabulous Killjoy
MCR FREAK
May 20th, 2007 at 12:36pm
About a friend betraying you and you wanting revenge but your confused at the same time about what you should do
the.reaper.wore.pink
Motor Baby
the.reaper.wore.pink
May 23rd, 2007 at 03:11am
x.givEmhelLkiD.x:
manliligaw is uhm, yea, like wooing.
gamitin is to use.
manligaw is just another tense of manliligaw, technically.
All you need to know is that it says woo/court, and use.
I'm a Filipino Citizen, and I kind of suck at that subject.
It's excusable that you're full Chinese RIGHT??? RIGHHHTTT???
But, well, I've been in the Philippines my whole life...
Manliligaw... not too fond of the word... Smile

manliligaw is a suitor...haha.
i don't like the word manliligaw too...for some reason i don't know
its ok, many filipinos suck at the subject too. i'm barely passing that subject. too many rules on grammar.

Ok back to the topic...the song, in my opinion, is about two people who used to be friends and one of them grew up and got tired of the things the other one does and seeks revenge and stuff
My_Fawkesian_romance
Killjoy
My_Fawkesian_romance
May 29th, 2007 at 02:55pm
I think its kinda like, his friend or his lover doesnt want to talk to him, or be nice to him, and is makin fun of him to her friends to try to be cool, and hes done with it. He's saying when he goes. hell remember you. For me, this friend who was a girl was in love with me... I diddnt know, and she started cutting her self. She died... I loved her too.. so this song is sentimental for me. But when he says, "when you go, just know that I will remember you, " hes saying hell remember her when she leaves him or when she dies or what ever.
Albus Severus
Joining The Black Parade
Albus Severus
June 2nd, 2007 at 07:37pm
This may be completely off-topic, but why does the f-word show up in the title sometimes? That's not how it's title on the cd I bought, so I don't get it.
Ivory
Killjoy
Ivory
June 2nd, 2007 at 08:25pm
totally spamming and I know it, but go vote for MCR to play acoustic on AOL's under cover sessions! they're losing to yellowcard by three percent and if more people don't start voting there's no chance of them winning

http://music.aol.com/sessions-under-cover