DecimatedDreamer13
June 4th, 2007 at 11:02pm
Great song
Solitary Style.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Solitary Style.
June 5th, 2007 at 11:04pm
Ivory:
totally spamming and I know it, but go vote for MCR to play acoustic on AOL's under cover sessions! they're losing to yellowcard by three percent and if more people don't start voting there's no chance of them winning

http://music.aol.com/sessions-under-cover

Check.
sherlock!
Crash Queen
sherlock!
June 7th, 2007 at 04:35am
the.reaper.wore.pink:
x.givEmhelLkiD.x:
manliligaw is uhm, yea, like wooing.
gamitin is to use.
manligaw is just another tense of manliligaw, technically.
All you need to know is that it says woo/court, and use.
I'm a Filipino Citizen, and I kind of suck at that subject.
It's excusable that you're full Chinese RIGHT??? RIGHHHTTT???
But, well, I've been in the Philippines my whole life...
Manliligaw... not too fond of the word... Smile

manliligaw is a suitor...haha.
i don't like the word manliligaw too...for some reason i don't know
its ok, many filipinos suck at the subject too. i'm barely passing that subject. too many rules on grammar.

Ok back to the topic...the song, in my opinion, is about two people who used to be friends and one of them grew up and got tired of the things the other one does and seeks revenge and stuff

... OMG... you're right.. Embarassed and yea... a lot of peope suck in Fil, it's so confusing, like there are so many things to remember, as if there's a difference if you say mag- or -han or WHATEVER...

SO HARD... Laughing
melisuh_mcrlover
Killjoy
melisuh_mcrlover
June 16th, 2007 at 01:19am
I love his song. When i first thought about it I always thought it was about a couple. when they met, one of them told the other it wouldn't be easy "you told me this gets harder" then they had a hard relationship "then it did" and then maybe one of them dies because "promise me that when i'm gone you'll kill my enemies" maybe in like a suicide or something. and it was because of the other person as in "i'm taking back the life you stole" But then its a flashback to before they kill themself and the other person talks to them again "hip hip hooray for me you talk to me" but they still think they hate them and want them to go away nd thats why they broke up with them "but would you kill me in my sleep" then they finally realize that they love them still and want to take them to the grave with them. and they're seperated by death and trying to say that one day they'll be together.
but then after reading this is could very well be about betrayal and the one person killed the other person "this hole you put me in" and other things like that
and the title could kinda be like self harm also. like saying if you cut or hurt yourself in anyway, its not kool. its just killing you.
sherlock!
Crash Queen
sherlock!
June 19th, 2007 at 07:48am
melisuh_mcrlover:
I love his song. When i first thought about it I always thought it was about a couple. when they met, one of them told the other it wouldn't be easy "you told me this gets harder" then they had a hard relationship "then it did" and then maybe one of them dies because "promise me that when i'm gone you'll kill my enemies" maybe in like a suicide or something. and it was because of the other person as in "i'm taking back the life you stole" But then its a flashback to before they kill themself and the other person talks to them again "hip hip hooray for me you talk to me" but they still think they hate them and want them to go away nd thats why they broke up with them "but would you kill me in my sleep" then they finally realize that they love them still and want to take them to the grave with them. and they're seperated by death and trying to say that one day they'll be together.
but then after reading this is could very well be about betrayal and the one person killed the other person "this hole you put me in" and other things like that
and the title could kinda be like self harm also. like saying if you cut or hurt yourself in anyway, its not kool. its just killing you.
hey, that's cool.

I like that!!! Smile

awesome explanation dude. Smile
Veeolin
Jazz Hands
Veeolin
June 20th, 2007 at 01:13am
This is my favorite My Chem song. I think it's about being betrayed by someone you love. So, at the same time you're angry and seeking revenge, you want to be with them again, because the betrayal has seperated you, but you still love them, despite what they did.

I think the title shows this because "it's not a fashion statement, it's a deathwish" where "it" means betrayal. Like, it isn't a fashion statement to betray me, it's a deathwish, because you'll die for it. It might be a story. I've listened to it like 500 times, and I still dunno what it is.

Anyway. LOVE this song. I still wish it had been a single. I would've loved to see a video for it...
sarah.dramax3
Jazz Hands
sarah.dramax3
June 25th, 2007 at 06:55pm
Mmk.. I feel really stupid because I duuno what the song means..
But, it rocks. :]
Cruoris
Killjoy
Cruoris
June 29th, 2007 at 12:18pm
This is my first reply so I hope it ends up where its supposed to XD
Anyway, Gerard has said that in high school he really only had one friend, a girl who ended up taking some pics with her boyfriend and that kinda broke his heart or something like that. Now, I think this song is his his story of why he is (or maybe I should say where) like this (depressed and stuff, "emo"Wink. She betrayed him and he got really sad, depressed and so he wants revenge. That's were the title fit in: He's like this because of what he describes in the song.
The way he dresses and so on isn't just a fashion stetement, he is really depressed, thats why.
Many people said things about the demolition lovers and I think that can be right too, without this being wrong.
The song is like double... This is kinda hard for me to explain... The male demolition lover is depressed because of what happend to his lover. It's really a deathwish. Gerard compares himself to the male demolition lover with this song, saying that they are alike in ways. They both have their reasons.
So I think the story of the demolition lovers is not the main point of this song. You are supposed to know of them earlier and then hear this and see how Gerard suffering is the same (bad choice of word so don't take them litteraly).
And also, I would like to add an additional meaning to the song: It's against all those "emo kids" who are something like "my cat died, I'm sad I guess, I have no style on my own, i just copy emo style!". Where'd I get that from? Well, he says he has got a reson, have you?
d'say
Killjoy
d'say
July 4th, 2007 at 04:54am
its a bit of a metephor ( of course)
two people friends maybe a coulpe something like that

lets say there names are john and jane
jane betrays john because of the way he looks or act and rejects him and it hurt his reputation or his look on life so the inflictions that jane left on him were deep and now that hes been put down or forgotten or in this case killed hes been put six feet under in the mind of jane or it seems this way but how low this person has made him feel hes 'climbing out right now' and now hes coming back to get back at jane with'your runnimg out of places to hide from me'
since what happened had such an impact he will remember. 'we'll then one day be together' theres still longing and in the 'end we'll fall apart just as the leaves changing color' even if they can change they will still fall apart.history repeats itself or there relationship can never be the same.

this might just be a reflection what happened to gerard in high school when the girl he like and was friends with took bad pictures with some guy. same as tne song im not okay

p.s. im a really bad typer so you probably have found many miss spelt words
Mikey's_Glasses
Banned
Mikey's_Glasses
July 29th, 2007 at 05:59pm
it's about dark clothes....he wants to say that it's not a way to dress but to indicate that your not okay...you have a deathwish
MCRmy014
Killjoy
MCRmy014
August 3rd, 2007 at 06:55am
I think tht itz bout a dead person rising from the dead and taking revnge on the person tht killed him.
"For What You Did To Me. And I'll Do To U. U Get What ecryone else gets. You Get a Lifetime."
The 1st part of the song is him tlkn to his love in her dreams. and the chorus is them goin away 2 gether.
The 2nd part is bout him being in the killers thoughts where evr he goes.
":Thiz hole U Put Me IN wasnt Deep enough and im coming out right now."
Tht is wen he acttually confronts the killer and is about to take some sweet revenge on him.
The part after the is wen he confronts the girl he loved and tells her tht he luvs her and the she luvs him back. and they kiss for one last time. and at the end of the song he kills the killer. then he also dies wen his job iz done.
my.gerard.romance...
Killjoy
my.gerard.romance...
August 5th, 2007 at 01:03am
I think it's about the whole revenge thing. I actually think that this song is about a guy that gets killed in a gun fight and he goes to hell n then he realizes that his girl friend is still alive so the devil goes to im, he can only be re united if he brings him back the souls of 100 evil men.
my.gerard.romance...
Killjoy
my.gerard.romance...
August 5th, 2007 at 11:57am
actually its not...
This song is saying that he has a friend and they are really close and his friend betrays him and he dies (emotionally or physically). Basically he is coming back to life (or out of a depression state) and he's gonna get revenge and bring his friend down the way his friend did to him. but he seems to love his friend because he wants to be with him but at the same time he has to be punished.
Demolition Lover.
Killjoy
Demolition Lover.
August 12th, 2007 at 05:51am
This one is about a guy missing his old friend and he kills him or something and he misses him but he really deserved it because he did him wrong.
mcr_01_fan
Killjoy
mcr_01_fan
August 13th, 2007 at 01:49am
I don't know about the title of the song, but I'm pretty certain This song is about the Demolition Lovers. I think it's about the male demolition lover coming back from the dead to kill the 1 thousand evil men, and to get revenge on those who killed him and his lover. =]
Demolition Lover.
Killjoy
Demolition Lover.
August 13th, 2007 at 07:31pm
Nope,it says on here that it's about a friend that betrayed his friend and then his friend died somehow and the guy was sad,but he thought he deserved it.
UndyingSoul.
Really Not Okay
UndyingSoul.
August 16th, 2007 at 12:53am
I think the song is about a guy who killed his friend and now it's haunting him in a sense. The dead guy is haunting his dream and his thoughts, and is just tearing the killer apart emotionally.
Veeolin
Jazz Hands
Veeolin
August 16th, 2007 at 04:51pm
Demolition Lover.:
Nope,it says on here that it's about a friend that betrayed his friend and then his friend died somehow and the guy was sad,but he thought he deserved it.

If those meanings were absolute we wouldn't have message boards to discuss the song meanings.

The songs are all open to different interpretations.
my_chem_xoxo
Killjoy
my_chem_xoxo
August 23rd, 2007 at 08:46pm
i belive this song is about infacuation and how people tend to like people for there looks and dont pay attention to what there personality is like and how you cannot base a relationship on that and it will not last long because you dont even know the person at all and dont know what they atre capable of. and its better if you dont go far in a relationship with a person for there looks because they cant let you down that way.
AbiAdore
Killjoy
AbiAdore
August 30th, 2007 at 10:36pm
Just as a kind of aside... just lately the title has kind of been relevant, because lately i've come to think of it as the way you dress in the title, because near me there has been things happening in my area like this goth couple being attacked in the streets and the girl dying, and a couple of mosher guys that my mum knows being attacked in the streets one evening for no apparent reason, my mum told me, all serious like, that the way i dressed could actually get me killed some day.
So over the last few days i made my own MCR shirt and under thier name it says "It's not a fashion statement, it's a fucking deathwish."
To wear with mah tartan pants, ahaha.

Off Topic. So shoot me.