Don't have an account? Create one!

It's Not A Fashion Statement, It's A Deathwish

AuthorMessage
Interlude_01
Killjoy
Interlude_01
July 22nd, 2009 at 08:35pm
I think it's about the (earl's) revenge Over (Carol).

I think it's partially about someone getting revenge but the title being about it's not just a fashion statement but a deathwish as in peoples reaction to said statement.
I think (Carol) ran away from (earl) after doing something horrible to him and hes trying to get revenge but she keeps running away, but he still wants to be with her despite what shes done.
I think its something to do with self harm at the razor to the rosary bit too.

Does that make any sense at all or is it all a load of bullshit?
Interlude_01
Killjoy
Interlude_01
July 22nd, 2009 at 08:35pm
I think it's about the (earl's) revenge Over (Carol).

I think it's partially about someone getting revenge but the title being about it's not just a fashion statement but a deathwish as in peoples reaction to said statement.
I think (Carol) ran away from (earl) after doing something horrible to him and hes trying to get revenge but she keeps running away, but he still wants to be with her despite what shes done.
I think its something to do with self harm at the razor to the rosary bit too.

Does that make any sense at all or is it all a load of bullshit?
Black Dawn
Killjoy
Black Dawn
August 12th, 2009 at 12:11pm
i think its about betrayal and punishment, a girl possibly did loads of bad things and in return he gets revenge and she gets what she deserves and tret like everyone else. but maybe he wants her to kill him so he doesnt have to put up with all the bullies and enemies in his life, and then he wants to avenge his life and kill his enemies
TheLastThreeLetters
Killjoy
TheLastThreeLetters
October 29th, 2009 at 02:40pm
I think that the song is about two people with drama in their lives, so one person kills the other, and to avenge himself (the one who died), he comes back to life.
TheLastThreeLetters
Killjoy
TheLastThreeLetters
October 29th, 2009 at 02:41pm
to kill the other guy (the one who killed him
Arcran
Killjoy
Arcran
May 29th, 2010 at 11:12am
Although this is a little different, I'd always thought it was part of the Demolition Lovers, I'd thought that one may have abandoned the other to die, & would regret it. Then once they're all dead, One'd go to Hell & the other to Heaven, so then that leads in I Never Told You What I Do For A living, if you ignore Cemetry Drive.
Noisy Girl
Killjoy
Noisy Girl
October 28th, 2011 at 07:16pm
i like the song but the meaning it's not getting me XD
angelofthemissed
Fabulous Killjoy
angelofthemissed
May 13th, 2012 at 02:14pm
This is about two best friends and one does something extremely terrible to the other, so he get's revenge
HARTJA
Killjoy
HARTJA
September 24th, 2012 at 01:59am
This is my favourite song on Three Cheers, it is about having your heart broken in the past and falling into depression, and the song talks about coming out of that depression and not letting the person who broke your heart ruin your life.

The most important lines to me are:
"The damage you've inflicted, temporary wounds, I'm coming back from the dead, and I'll take you home with me, I'm taking back the life you stole"

Which basically is saying that the person who broke your heart only done temporary damage, and the heart is healing and you're coming out of depression and taking back the life she/he stole from you when they sent you into depression.

Sort of the same thing is said again when he sings:
"This hole you put me in, wasn't deep enough, and I'm climbing out right now "

That's again saying that he's climbing out of depression.

Get the lyrics up and listen to the song, the lyrics helped me so much when I was depressed after a breakup, MCR does save lives.