Don't have an account? Create one!

Mama

AuthorMessage
Ice-Cold Flames
Killjoy
Ice-Cold Flames
May 23rd, 2007 at 12:44pm
hmmmmm.....mama must have reference to a war of some kind, but like many people said before it might not mean a real war, reading this has actually changed my views of the song,

i still think though that it's about how when you have done something wrong, i.e. go to war, and it changes you for the worse, you no longer feel you can trust someone

the character in the story might have gone to war and the horrors he saw changed him mental and he's telling his mum that he's sorry for being bad and for all the terrible things he's done but he knows his mum won't forgive, "You ain't no son of mine" and the patient is asking for forgiveness from the "one person" he trusts, when he screams mama over and over again, then when she finally forgives him " and if you would call me your sweetheart......" but then the character realises that he didn't want forgives and he liked the fighting and the sorrow, " we're all damned for all, " he might feel like he doesn't care about life any more cause he is already damned for the lives he's taken and doesn't care about what people think about him,

I think this has more reference to someone changing and because that person has changed, the ones they used to trust and rely upon, they no longer feel they know him and so no longer trusts them

BUT i'm often wrong about these sort of things
chemically_unstable
Killjoy
chemically_unstable
May 29th, 2007 at 03:48pm
i reckon the song about that no-one alive can live a sin-less life....we all do things wrong...in the end we probably all go to hell any ways............
oxoxBleeding
Killjoy
oxoxBleeding
May 31st, 2007 at 02:09pm
I think it's about - like many have said before me - not being perfect.
"Mama, we all go to hell."
Suety
Awake and Unafraid
Suety
June 7th, 2007 at 10:59am
i was just thinking, "you should have raised a baby girl", so he wouldn't be sent to war
but prob wrong haha Smile
MCRnati
Fabulous Killjoy
MCRnati
June 7th, 2007 at 12:02pm
Black_View:
their parents are also singing on this song.. So it must mean something real special to them..

where do his parents sing? o.0 i only heard gerard and liza lol
mama_we_r_in_hell
Killjoy
mama_we_r_in_hell
June 8th, 2007 at 07:37am
me and my friend discussed it, and we got to a conclusen it's about the world war 2. the music sounds like a russian song that she grow up on(her parents came from russia to Israel) that was written in the 50's/60's. the natzies were beaten mostly in russia. the jews set in a concentration camp, and part of them tried to kiil themselfes, knowing that it's better they will kill themseves then the natzies will. let's see the lyrics:

"Mama, we're all gonna die"

"And when we go don't blame us, yeah". - "go" as in death. Ya'know what i mean!

"We'll let the fires just bathe us, yeah." -jews were burn alive there,at the concentration camp.

"You made us, oh, so famous. "- i found soo many difrent meanings for this sentence. I can't explain them all

"Mama, we're meant for the flies."- the natzies gave the jews the feeling they are nothing

"And right now they're building a coffin your size, "-"they're" most of the perents hide the secret of who are the bad guys from the kids. they cold them "they".

"Mama, we're all full of lies. "- they lied to themselfes that they'll live, but now when they know they'll die, they want to escape

"Well Mother, what the war did to my legs and to my tongue, "- the jews heave'nt ate or drank almost nothing. by "my legs" he means he's tired, hungry and thin, and by "my tongue" he means he haven't drank for days

"You should've raised a baby girl, I should've been a better son. "- he talks about what he could have done before the war started, and that he could have done so many thing in his life.

"She said: "You ain't no son of mine
For what you've done they're gonna find A place for you
And just you mind your manners when you go. "-he's mama try to convince him not to.

"Mama! Mama! Mama! Ohh !" - I kinda think he killed himself that part

"But there's s**t that I've done with this f**k of a gun,
You would cry out your eyes all along. "- he tells about the, well .s**t he has done with this f**k of a gun. Of-course his mama is crying.

"We're damned after all."- i talked about the feeling that they gave to the Jews. he agrees with them for being dammed

but, it's probebly dose'nt make sense. ya'know, i don't think i'm comletly right. non of the band members, as far as i know, is jewish.
FellDownFromPlague
Killjoy
FellDownFromPlague
June 9th, 2007 at 12:05am
when i first heard this song, Mama, when i heard "Mama we all go to hell" i always thought that part meant mama we are all sinners. but i do see what you mean when you talk about the war. but do think mcr would ever think about connecting a song from there previous album to a newer album. sure its deffinatley orginal i imagine but i also agree w/ the post w/ the patient. just my opinion.
KN!VES
Joining The Black Parade
KN!VES
June 9th, 2007 at 04:20am
Wow, I have a history with this song.
To be very blunt about it, I have to say it's about how we're all pretty much screwed because at heart we have the potential to be terrible people. I've listen to the song numerous times in my most terrifying moments of dread and anticipation, such as just before a court date or going to JROTC Mini Boot Camp and I find it fits the stated interpretation well.
Basically: we're screwed, we could have prevented it, but we didn't and so now we're paying the price, or at least we will in the future.
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
June 15th, 2007 at 04:05am
Primus.:
"I'm writing this letter" - He's overseas, and he's writing a letter back home.
"Stop asking me questions, I hate to see you cry" - The mother is asking questions, and crying from worrying about the death of her son.
"Well Mother, what the war did to my legs and to my tongue." Is pretty obvious.
"But there's shit that I've done with this fuck of a gun."

totally agree, i think it's about a young solder (preferabley in world war 2) who is afraid by what he sees everyday in he war(which can be everyday life depending how you look at it) and starts to get hopeless, and starts to question everything because of the fear he and everyone lives in, they might die tomorrow(like the rest of us, we have no grantee for another five minuetes.) and wants to say sorry to mom in away and sayin goodbye for everything.
frankandrayarecute
Killjoy
frankandrayarecute
June 18th, 2007 at 11:22am
i think this song is about making mistakes ..like how it says "mama we all go to hell" one mistake can cause you to go to hell
luinel
Killjoy
luinel
June 18th, 2007 at 09:47pm
Very amazing song, no matter how you interperate it or even if you don't.

I think the entire thing is about how war changes people.

'Mama, we all go to hell/die' I think Gee's only talking about the soldiers and the people he knows, not necassarily his mother or other people.

'Mama, we're all full of lies' About how war is glamorized and romanticized, when very few people know what a living hell it really is.

'I should have been a better son' He maybe feels that if he had been better, he wouldn't have had to go to the war OR that near-death experiences showed him how many times he was bad and he's saying sorry.

That is the war-version of my interperatation. There's also another thing I thought of. The main person is thinking over his life, maybe before he dies, and realizes how fucked up everything is and how horrible people in general are. His mother is not close to death, so therefore cannot see that version of the world and rejects it.
Life Is But A Dream_
Killjoy
Life Is But A Dream_
June 19th, 2007 at 05:23pm
I think it's about when The Patient's writing to his mother, saying he assumes that he and the soldiers are going to hell for their sins. He might be saying good-bye to her and wishing the rest of her life well in the letter. The Patient told her that all of them were going to die, also. His mom was worrying, so the patient probably told her not to ask how he was so she wouldn't get upset. He wrote not to blame him and the soldiers, that they'll get used to it. He said thank-you for making him so famous. He said when he dies he'll never forget her, and when it's her time to die not to meet her in the "after-life". He continues to write,saying everyone's full of all lies. He writes that the war fucked him up, both physically, and mentally. He says if you raised a baby girl things would better, or he should of been a better son at the least. Once again. he says not to blame him and the soldiers, that they'll get used to hell. He wrote thank-you for making him so famous and that they probably won't meet in the after-life. I think this could be at The Patient's funeral. His mom gets really mad at him for the letter and his actions. She rejects him and ignores him. The last thing she said to him was "They're gonna find a place for you, and just you mind your manners when you go." When the patient gets to hell, he comes to his mother in the form of a ghost. He said that "we all went to hell, and it's really quite pleasant except for the smell." The mother begins to regret what she said, so she says, "If you loved me more, then I wouldn't be mad." The Patient then said that if she knew what he did with a weapon she would cry all long. He said that he say right, that they were going to hell. And if she would keep on living, she would somehow see him again. He continues to say that all the soldiers are with him, and asked if she would be happy,for sometime they would be together again.

Or it could be about how terrible war really is, when some people think much of it.
gnat1ns
Killjoy
gnat1ns
June 19th, 2007 at 07:40pm
Mama is about not being perfect. People seem to just take the song meaning at face value and say that its about war, but there is definately more to it. It seems that its about not being perfect and not being accepted. My friend said that it reminded her of a uy telling his family that hes gay because the song kinda says "im sorry" but at the same time it says "not really." overall, when I hear this song, i get the feeling that he is not accepted by loved ones however there is nothing he can do to change who he is or what hes done
lil_slayer27
Killjoy
lil_slayer27
June 20th, 2007 at 03:36pm
i think that this song means that there is a war between him and his mom.
LiFeSuX
Killjoy
LiFeSuX
June 21st, 2007 at 07:41pm
i agree wth primus. i mean the song is a relationship war. "I could've been a better son." no basically hes not talking about like a war in iraq ro something but a relationship war. 1 of my favorite songs off the albumn. and yes mcrfreak21 he was. it sounds so cute that he was peer pan. i bet he looks hott in tights.
aliveordeadx3
Killjoy
aliveordeadx3
June 21st, 2007 at 09:04pm
I think it is about war like everyone else said. And The're going to hell because killing people are sins. And whoever mentioned that Eliza's sons were killed in war, that really fits. But yeah, he doesn't want his mother to worry about him dying but he knows that eventually he will and he doesn't want her to be mad. correct me if i'm wrong please
heavenhelpedus_xoxo
Killjoy
heavenhelpedus_xoxo
June 27th, 2007 at 07:09pm
I think it's about the Patient and when he was sent off to war before his tragic death. To me, I think the album goes back in time. Blood is about him (Patient) maybe getting a blood test to see if he is sick (with Cancer). Famous Last Words is about him waiting to see if he is sick. Disenchanted is him realizing how useless he is. Teenagers is about when he was always picked on. Sleep is about him trying to sleep without thinking about his sickness. Mama is him going off to war. Cancer is when he finds out he has Cancer. House Of Wolves is when he is planning his death and he knows its coming. I Don't Love You is when he says goodbye to his lover and she gets mad. Welcome To The Black Parade is about him thinking more strongly about his death. The Sharpest Lives Is About the doctors and nurses trying to save him. This Is How I Disappear is about them not being able to save him. Dead is when he dies. And The End is when he begins his journey with The Black Parade.
sarah.dramax3
Jazz Hands
sarah.dramax3
July 1st, 2007 at 01:26pm
Uhh, yeah. I love the song but the meanings not getting to me..
mymcrme
Killjoy
mymcrme
July 3rd, 2007 at 02:19pm
[quote="x-Hail Of Bullets-x"]This may be wrong - but I think it's about war.
i agree
stella spotlight!
Joining The Black Parade
stella spotlight!
July 6th, 2007 at 12:28am
idk, i always thought of this song as more of a mafia kinda song.
firstly, just because of the whole overall sounds, yaknow, like the strings at the end.
some of the lines "stop asking me questions/ i'd hate to see you cry" is sorta like the narrator can't tell his mother ( in the letter his writing) where he is, what he's doing, etc. because..well, its the mafia Wink and the "right now they're building a coffin your size" implies that they know where she lives... so if the narrator betrays them they'll take it out on his mom. the "war" in "well mother what the war did to my legs and to my tounge" i thougth of as more of a gang war...and the "shit that i've done with this fuck of a gun" like he had to assasinate someone...idk lol i tried Very Happy