Don't have an account? Create one!

Mama

AuthorMessage
xMCRxstolemycookie
Killjoy
xMCRxstolemycookie
July 11th, 2007 at 02:20am
nerd's are more fun:
idk, i always thought of this song as more of a mafia kinda song.
firstly, just because of the whole overall sounds, yaknow, like the strings at the end.
some of the lines "stop asking me questions/ i'd hate to see you cry" is sorta like the narrator can't tell his mother ( in the letter his writing) where he is, what he's doing, etc. because..well, its the mafia Wink and the "right now they're building a coffin your size" implies that they know where she lives... so if the narrator betrays them they'll take it out on his mom. the "war" in "well mother what the war did to my legs and to my tounge" i thougth of as more of a gang war...and the "shit that i've done with this fuck of a gun" like he had to assasinate someone...idk lol i tried Very Happy

I guess it could be that
But i agree more with it being about war
Worship thy Gerard12
Killjoy
Worship thy Gerard12
July 11th, 2007 at 09:33pm
I think this song is about war and how men ( including the narrator ) were drafted into the war and the narrator killed people , which is a sin, so he thinks his mother could never forgive him ( hense "shit I've done with this fuck of a gun ) it's also about him not being a good son and saying things like " Mama we all go to hell " and making her cry. Don't judge me on this I'm only making a guess
Godzilla
Banned
Godzilla
July 22nd, 2007 at 06:29am
nerd's are more fun:
idk, i always thought of this song as more of a mafia kinda song.
firstly, just because of the whole overall sounds, yaknow, like the strings at the end.
some of the lines "stop asking me questions/ i'd hate to see you cry" is sorta like the narrator can't tell his mother ( in the letter his writing) where he is, what he's doing, etc. because..well, its the mafia Wink and the "right now they're building a coffin your size" implies that they know where she lives... so if the narrator betrays them they'll take it out on his mom. the "war" in "well mother what the war did to my legs and to my tounge" i thougth of as more of a gang war...and the "shit that i've done with this fuck of a gun" like he had to assasinate someone...idk lol i tried Very Happy

I get that soley because it was used on a Sopranoes commercial.
goffman
Killjoy
goffman
July 22nd, 2007 at 10:13am
ive read somewhere that mother war is the patients mum, and he and his mum are bitching at each other for not being perfect. either that or mother war is mad she has to outlive her son, and he's being kinda spiteful and saying that shes gotta die too. (the patient prefers his dad to his mum)
Darkromance
Banned
Darkromance
July 30th, 2007 at 08:34pm
I think it's about a son who is writing a letter to his mother to kinda make thingss better and to say that if she gave him a little more affection, he wouldn't have been so bad.
haleyxxfosho
Killjoy
haleyxxfosho
August 2nd, 2007 at 04:11am
I'm sure im wrong..
But i though it was a thankyou for gerard and mikeys mom.
For supported them.
From when he says "you made us all so famous"
but i doubt thats right.
because he's talking about everyone going to hell, and everyone full of lies, us meant for the flies. and all that. but whatever.
Smile
my.gerard.romance...
Killjoy
my.gerard.romance...
August 5th, 2007 at 07:57am
I think it's about the war (well mother what the war did to my legs and to my tounge)
Way1203
Fabulous Killjoy
Way1203
August 10th, 2007 at 05:23am
yeah, i thought it was a war song and the part

"mama what the war did to my legs and to my tongue
you should've raised a baby girl
i should've been a better son"

Talking about how since he's in the war now and his mom doesn't want him to be she should just accept it cause she should've had a girl if she didnt' want him to be in the army or whatever. Right?
Demolition Lover.
Killjoy
Demolition Lover.
August 12th, 2007 at 05:22am
From what i read on here,i agree with them.
It is about war and the man writing to his mother,telling her that their death will come soon to them.
mcr_01_fan
Killjoy
mcr_01_fan
August 13th, 2007 at 01:45am
I read somewhere that this song is about a character the Patient meets whilst journeying with the black parade, that character being mother war (the woman with the gas mask and mesed up hair in the welcome to the black parade video) and that it's about how her sons went off to war, just like their father did. They wrote letters home to her because they knew they were gonna die, and when she replied she wanted nothing to do with them, because they left here like that. And then at the end of the song, the soldiers are killed and battle, hence why you can hear mother war crying =]
mcr_01_fan
Killjoy
mcr_01_fan
August 13th, 2007 at 01:45am
her*
Justanotherstar
Salute You in Your Grave
Justanotherstar
August 14th, 2007 at 03:15pm
i think its about war and not being perfect
Darkromance
Banned
Darkromance
August 18th, 2007 at 05:39pm
Gunshots? I thought they were some extra noise that accidently got onto the cd !!!!
noname9
Killjoy
noname9
August 21st, 2007 at 06:49pm
I think its about world war 1 because of the old italian 1910-1920's feel. He's writing about the things hes seen and done in war, how tramatizing(not sure if i spelled that right) it has been to him, and how he'll never really be able to look at the world the same way again. Thats my interpretation.
my_chem_xoxo
Killjoy
my_chem_xoxo
August 23rd, 2007 at 08:05pm
i believe this song is about how nobady can be perfect no matter how hard you try. and also that if you are having a hard time in your life remember there are people with you and in worst positions like the war going on in iraq people are diying and going to the hospital wile there family is worried about them. ("well mother look what the war did to my legs and to my tounge you should have raised a baby girl i should have been a better son if you can coudle the infection they can amputate at once"Wink
Tiffany xoxo
Killjoy
Tiffany xoxo
August 23rd, 2007 at 09:07pm
This song is about war and it makes the most sense to say it is about a mother and her son who is away in a war. Maybe the mother is so worried that she wishes her son would've done something different,"I should have been a bettter son." or maybe the son wants to prove that what he has done in the war has really changed him.

I love this song and I see it as a follow-up to The Ghost Of You,

MAMA, WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!
We'llCarryOn
Banned
We'llCarryOn
August 25th, 2007 at 05:38am
i think its about the patient talking to his mother and he's explaining to her how he's not perfect and that he could've been a better son and that he should have been a better person
alexp
Killjoy
alexp
August 25th, 2007 at 06:04pm
awww man its about war "mother what the war did to my legs and to my tongue" dus that not give it away?
Myalyas
Killjoy
Myalyas
August 27th, 2007 at 08:55pm
gnat1ns:
Mama is about not being perfect. People seem to just take the song meaning at face value and say that its about war, but there is definately more to it. It seems that its about not being perfect and not being accepted. My friend said that it reminded her of a uy telling his family that hes gay because the song kinda says "im sorry" but at the same time it says "not really." overall, when I hear this song, i get the feeling that he is not accepted by loved ones however there is nothing he can do to change who he is or what hes done

Well done, gnat1ns!

I had wondered how many of you got it?!

Actually, if you could imagine, this "patient" (if we must keep calling him that) has been contemplating "coming out" but fears the reaction/s he may receive, especially from "Mama".

To me, the most interesting twist of words used is in the line, "The **** that I've done with this **** of a gun..." because of a saying in the Army:
"This is my weapon. This is my gun. This is for fighting. This is for fun."
Pixie-Gates
Awake and Unafraid
Pixie-Gates
August 30th, 2007 at 06:07am
I believe this song is a typically unique, MCR-style take on the penchant anti-war song. Everyone has one. This is theirs.