Don't have an account? Create one!

Mama

AuthorMessage
Lustful Blood
Killjoy
Lustful Blood
April 29th, 2008 at 08:54pm
It is from my perspective a group of young boys.
Who were at war..Did bad things...Didnt really respect there mother.

So they regret it and are saying they will all go hell and are going to die for what they did.
And they want her to come with them.

Thats my understanding.

Anyone agree?

My Chemical Romance FOREVER~
My1CHEMICAL5ROMANCE8
Killjoy
My1CHEMICAL5ROMANCE8
May 4th, 2008 at 09:22am
I always thought Gerard's mom may have a religion that Gerard didn't wanna' be included in, so he says "We all go to hell"
I may be wrong..............
pxieVAMPIREdust
Bleeding on the Floor
pxieVAMPIREdust
May 6th, 2008 at 04:32am
i think that it is a song about the un-ending story of war in this world.

MOTHER WAR is like the character who is trying to tell this someone to join, but this someone is trying to refuse the offer coz he knows that it will lead everyone to destruction, and he is sick of anyone trying to control him and making decisions for him...and it is also about being hopeless i think... Wink
MyChemLove915
Killjoy
MyChemLove915
May 10th, 2008 at 12:16am
Dude,
Mikey and Gee's parents sing on this?!??!?!?!?!?!
I thought it was just Lisa Manelli!! (I probably misspelled her last name didn't I?)
omg! Shocked
DISENCHANTEDLJD
Killjoy
DISENCHANTEDLJD
May 14th, 2008 at 10:26pm
i hear its something about his high scholl for some reason?
awake_and_unafraid.
Killjoy
awake_and_unafraid.
May 15th, 2008 at 07:10pm
i think he's talking to his mom and telling her that he's sorry he wasn't a better son. instead he worried her a lot and telling her that she is his mother....and he will never let her go no matter where he is or what he does. but that is just sorta kinda what i think...i'm probably totally wrong, but i have no other clues
elenaleerush
Killjoy
elenaleerush
May 25th, 2008 at 04:09pm
After having analised the words, sounds and possible hidden meanings in this song i have come the conclusion that it talks about a soildier in a trench of the first world war
To support my idea i gathered a handfull of clues: the noises at the beginning of the song, clearly it represents artillery fire
the letter thing, sending letters was the favourite passtime for soldiers in ww1
the "stop asking cry" phrase, letters were controlled very strictly and very often were scrapped because of the information they contained.
"made us famous" in the various conturies involved in the war the newspapers always spoke of the heroic heros fighting for freedom, completely ignoring their real situation.
"full of lies" propaganda, but this was a common thing in any war really.
"meant for the flies" hundreds of thousands of soldiers were left on the battlefield to rot, attracting insects and small animals to feast on the dead bodies.
"well mother tongue" the phisical and mental damage done by the war.
"baby girl" women wern't sent to war.
infection amputate" amputation was the only real thing medics could do to get rid of an infection and was a VERY common thing.
"for what own" still thinking on this one. its either an anonimous sign in a cemitary or a room in a mad house (since the war caused thousands of men to lose their mind due to the incredible stress).
"its really smell" when things were calm the situation might become confortable enough, everyone had food and somewhere to sleep whilst the smell was always bad because they had no toilets, only a ditch where to do what they had to and the smell of the dead started to be quite strong.
"brothers in arms" the friends that die in war.

As you can see all the various clues and hints all point to the same direction, the horrors of ww1.
darenmay
Thinking Happy Thoughts
darenmay
May 28th, 2008 at 04:59am
mama is about hatred for the series of unfortunate events that the son suffered.
geeway1
Killjoy
geeway1
June 5th, 2008 at 07:49pm
I thought this song was about the war and if it keeps going on how it's gonna kill us all. Just my views. But this song also has humor in it that I love....you really see the character Mother War in this. Great storytellers.
Scartist
Jazz Hands
Scartist
June 6th, 2008 at 09:35am
elenaleerush:
After having analised the words, sounds and possible hidden meanings in this song i have come the conclusion that it talks about a soildier in a trench of the first world war
To support my idea i gathered a handfull of clues: the noises at the beginning of the song, clearly it represents artillery fire
the letter thing, sending letters was the favourite passtime for soldiers in ww1
the "stop asking cry" phrase, letters were controlled very strictly and very often were scrapped because of the information they contained.
"made us famous" in the various conturies involved in the war the newspapers always spoke of the heroic heros fighting for freedom, completely ignoring their real situation.
"full of lies" propaganda, but this was a common thing in any war really.
"meant for the flies" hundreds of thousands of soldiers were left on the battlefield to rot, attracting insects and small animals to feast on the dead bodies.
"well mother tongue" the phisical and mental damage done by the war.
"baby girl" women wern't sent to war.
infection amputate" amputation was the only real thing medics could do to get rid of an infection and was a VERY common thing.
"for what own" still thinking on this one. its either an anonimous sign in a cemitary or a room in a mad house (since the war caused thousands of men to lose their mind due to the incredible stress).
"its really smell" when things were calm the situation might become confortable enough, everyone had food and somewhere to sleep whilst the smell was always bad because they had no toilets, only a ditch where to do what they had to and the smell of the dead started to be quite strong.
"brothers in arms" the friends that die in war.

As you can see all the various clues and hints all point to the same direction, the horrors of ww1.

I find it pretty obvious that it's about war, because of the clues listed, and because there's a character called mother war.
But where did WW1 come from?? There were a lot of other wars in history, and they all have those characteristics.
RoboInvisaBunny
Killjoy
RoboInvisaBunny
June 9th, 2008 at 02:49pm
I always thought this song was about the mofia.
My-Chem-Tyrell
Fabulous Killjoy
My-Chem-Tyrell
June 12th, 2008 at 07:08am
i think its about a war, written from the patients pov, but also Gerard trying to say he regrets some of the things from his past, like his alcoholism, and drug addictions, "i could have been a better son"
A.Dream.4.The.Dead.
Fabulous Killjoy
A.Dream.4.The.Dead.
June 14th, 2008 at 10:09pm
It is about war obviously, but I think that the mother is worried and disapproves her son's decision on going off to war- "She said you aint no son of mine, for what you've done they're gonna find a place for you and just you mind your manners when you go" and also the song says "And when you go don't return to me my love" probably meaning that his mother is so dissapointed in his decision and doesn't even want to see him. The war thing pretty much explains itself, "Mama, we're all gonna die", the gunfire sounds at the beginning, "Well mother what the war did to my legs and to my tongue" etc. Another theory I have is that he is angry at his mother for not accepting his decision on going into war and that is why instead of reassuring her that he will be okay he tells her that he is going to die and even says "And right now they're building a coffin your size."
i_promis_u_im_not_ok
Killjoy
i_promis_u_im_not_ok
June 20th, 2008 at 09:16am
well when i listen to mama i think gerard is trying to explain to everyone (not just his mama) that no one can be perfect; life can suck; and u cant always get wat u want; we dont fit in among everyone else kinda thing then i read how people thought it was in war that made me think thats a very logical concept so now i believe its in war but hes still trying to explain u dont hav to fit in and sometimes life sucks
Mercutio
Motor Baby
Mercutio
June 21st, 2008 at 02:11am
Scartist:
elenaleerush:

I find it pretty obvious that it's about war, because of the clues listed, and because there's a character called mother war.
But where did WW1 come from?? There were a lot of other wars in history, and they all have those characteristics.

I think it is about WW1, at least partly, because the trenches were mostly used in WW1, and that was the biggest killling war in the world, before and after. The conditions were a lot worse, and the letter writing was a big part of soldiers lives ect.ect.. I agree with her.
X-Choke.me.to.life-X
Killjoy
X-Choke.me.to.life-X
June 24th, 2008 at 05:39pm
HEY! this is my first thingy i have ever posted on INO\

I think Mama is about a troubled young person whose mother didn't approve of what he was doing and he viewed that as uh...mean? coming from his mom. or whatever.
theres probably some connection to the war. cuz of the noises in the beginning of the bombs.
Rexperience
Bleeding on the Floor
Rexperience
June 27th, 2008 at 06:25am
This song really creeped me the fuck out when I heard it first, and I think I skipped it before it ended. Then all of the sudden the fact it scared me became appealing.

In the sense of the story line of TBP I think it's the pacient writing a letter to his mother. He's really depressed cause he's dieing and is a low point for the charachter. He takes alot out on his mom, some is deserved and some isn't. He's trying to explain his past and his present and gets really frustrated when she doesn't understand and doesn't help.

In the sense of a double meaning I think "Mama" is meant to go along with the image of "the Mother of War" ~ Rex
gerardforpresident
Killjoy
gerardforpresident
June 27th, 2008 at 11:54pm
I heard somewhere that this song was supposed to be another one for Elena. When I listen to it though, I think the patient is sitting in his hospital bed, and he's thinking about the war he was just in. He's referring to the war as "Mother War" and writing her a letter about everything bad that she did to him, and he's going to go to hell because of her. That's my opinion on it, anyways.
Kid-From-Yesterday
Killjoy
Kid-From-Yesterday
June 30th, 2008 at 07:12pm
Mud:
I think this song is about the feelings of hopelessness surrounding war. Hence, "Mama, we're all gonna die. Stop asking me questions, I'd hate to see you cry."

Yeaa. i think soo too.
Claumcr
Killjoy
Claumcr
July 12th, 2008 at 06:27pm
I think that this song is about a young guy who is in the war, and as it says in the song, he's writting a letter to his mother saying how things really are when there is war: it's all horrible and painfull and many people die.
The guy is trying to calm his mom down, but at the same time he can't help it, he describes how it really is the war, everybody is going to die and go to hell!

"Mama, we all go to hell
Mama, we all go to hell
I'm writing this letter and wishing you well
Mama, we all go to hell!"