Don't have an account? Create one!

Mama

AuthorMessage
Our Undead Romance
Killjoy
Our Undead Romance
February 18th, 2007 at 09:35pm
i think this song is about there being no difference in heaven and hell. we all sin so should we all go to hell? or if we are bad all our lives but we do one good thing before we die, should we go to heaven? we all go somewhere when we die. or do we really go anywhere??
utterlyempty
Really Not Okay
utterlyempty
February 21st, 2007 at 09:47pm
I made this video for Mama. I don't think I totally hit the meaning that the band intended. Mainly that war is bad.

Shinori
Salute You in Your Grave
Shinori
February 22nd, 2007 at 06:22pm
i think this song means we are all gonna die and that everyne hides a secret or two even the pope probably does
like swift.
Motor Baby
like swift.
February 23rd, 2007 at 05:23pm
okay, this is the main song that backs up my theory that: The Black Parade is about war, like, I know the band hasn't said that the album is about war, but, I mean, maybe the Patient gets wounded in the war and ends up in the hospital....it's a stretch, but still, there are so many songs that point to a war theme
vampire forever now
Killjoy
vampire forever now
February 23rd, 2007 at 11:34pm
It's probbably about death of course and the song is like letters and like awake and unafraid said and like let's say ur about to die and last words you say in a plane in a storm and you could crash. so you say these truthes.and I think thats what the song means.
Lights
Salute You in Your Grave
Lights
February 24th, 2007 at 01:19am
"when we go don't blame us"-going to war
"mama, we're all gonna die"-meaning why not go anyway?
then it says something about amputation.

I'm not sure, but it makes sense about war.
chillpill
Always Born a Crime
chillpill
February 25th, 2007 at 02:32pm
I have no idea, but this song always reminds me of the movie Carrie.
Don't ask me why .. but some of the lyrics remind me of some of the things in the movie.
broken.
Jazz Hands
broken.
February 25th, 2007 at 05:13pm
Mama, we all go to hell.
Mama, we all go to hell.
I'm writing this letter and wishing you well,
Mama, we all go to hell.

Oh well, now, Mama, we're all gonna die.
Mama, we're all gonna die.
Stop asking me questions, I'd hate to see you cry,
Mama, we're all gonna die.

And when we go don't blame us, yeah.
We'll let this fire just bathe us, yeah.
You made us, oh, so famous.
We’ll never let you go.
And when you go don't return to me my love.

Mama, we're all full of lies.
Mama, we're meant for the flies.
And right now they're building a coffin your size,
Mama, we're all full of lies.

Well, Mother, what the war did to my legs and to my tongue,
You should've raised a baby girl,
I should've been a better son.
If you could coddle the infection they can amputate at once.
You should’ve been,
I could've been a better son.

And when we go don't blame us, yeah.
We let this fire just bathe us, yeah.
You made us, oh, so famous.
We’ll never let you go.

She said, "You ain't no son of mine,
For what you done
They're gonna find a place for you,
And just you mind your manners when you go.
And when you go, don't you return to me, my love.’

That's right.

Mama, we all go to hell.
Mama, we all go to hell.
It’s really quite pleasant except for the smell,
Mama, we all go to hell.

Mama, mama, mama
Mama, mama, mama,

And if you would call me your sweetheart,
I'd maybe then sing you a song.

But there's shit that I've done with this fuck of a gun
You would cry out your eyes all along.

We're damned after all.
Through fortune and flame we fall.
And if you can stay then I’ll show you the way,
To return to the ashes you call.

We all carry on,
When our brothers in arms are gone.
So raise your glass high for tomorrow we die,
and return from the ashes you call.

So obviously a war vibe is going on. I think that it's for this war, the wars before. THEY SUCK. Everyone loses their son, their brother, and the ones that get them back, they don't come back as the same Sammy or Joe.
Andre!na13
Killjoy
Andre!na13
February 25th, 2007 at 06:01pm
i love this song when you guys reach to a conclusion let me know
Say Goodbye!
Killjoy
Say Goodbye!
February 26th, 2007 at 03:11pm
utterlyempty:
I made this video for Mama. I don't think I totally hit the meaning that the band intended. Mainly that war is bad.

nice video, made me think about green day and u2 's the saints are coming

thier next clip should be mama and the video should be of that kind

(I like when he says "mama we all full of lies", when u show bush XD)
broken.
Jazz Hands
broken.
February 28th, 2007 at 08:04pm
Say Goodbye!:
utterlyempty:

Same here dude. I find that vid very similar to what I think of when I listen to Mama.
Wanna know something odd:
When I first heard "Mama" I thought of like some Irish famine family with only a mom and like twelve starving kids and Gerard being like the 15 year old rebel complaining about it. Then I socked my cousin and told him to shut the fuck up so I could actually listen to it.
Dance haha
Into The Ocean
Killjoy
Into The Ocean
March 1st, 2007 at 05:27pm
I think its a letter to the mother of a solider telling her not to worry and if he dies then she'll meet him there because they should go to hell because they have all sinned.
AVENGE ME.
Joining The Black Parade
AVENGE ME.
March 2nd, 2007 at 12:33pm
"Mama" is one of their darkest songs yet.
I think it's about going to hell because you have been a sinner in life and Mother War is mother of the "dead" and she weeps for her "children" when they are damned to hell.

Its about regreting the choices you made while you were alive and its like a warning to a person who "sins" a lot and if they dont change their ways in life they will be punished in death.

The general message is that after you die you don't want to be saying "I could have been a better son."
creatureofthenight
Killjoy
creatureofthenight
March 2nd, 2007 at 02:40pm
TBP is sort of about today's world and what it means to be alive in it, I think. A HUGE part of our lives is war. I think that's one of the reasons it comes up so often in this album. I think there are a ton of facets to Mama, so I'll try to address a couple of them.

-Mother War: I think she's actually a villian in The Black Parade. She's an agent of fear, a constant reminder that you can die when you least expect it and that you're never safe. She's called "Mother" because, in a sick way, she protects you by making you afraid to step out of your house and take any risks. Sort of the way conservative movements are often strong in wartime, like WW2 and even the Iraq War. Everyone lives in this state of fear and they find comfort in returning to conservative values. I think Mama is sticking it to Mother War and saying that we're all going to die anyway, who cares what we do?

-World War 1: Gerard's soldier character is from World War 1 which is interesting because, historically, World War 1 and its cultural consequences have similar themes as TBP. The war and it's high death toll basically disillusioned the western world. Everyone had a crisis of faith in God and the government and the goodness of humanity. Post-WW1 (The Jazz Era, The Roaring 20's) was that disillusionment in action. It was a pretty wealthy time and people sort of lived recklessly, like they might die the next day, and it wouldn't matter what they did because god or the government weren't really as powerful as they once thought they were. So that's clearly reflected in Mama ("We all carry on/though our brothers in arms are gone/so raise your glass high/for tomorrow we die/and return from the ashes"Wink I don't think this is really about WW1 per se, it's more likely about the Iraq War, but I think Gerard used that to invoke the ideas.

That's my two cents.
mcrcrazybaby23
Killjoy
mcrcrazybaby23
March 2nd, 2007 at 04:47pm
I think this is kind of a squeal to "the ghost of you" because he talks about "writing a letter" when he could just use a phone XD. Hes pretty much saying about what the war did to him. Also i think hes saying that he didn't want to be her son because he says "you should have raised a BABY GIRL i should have bee a better son". And he sounds kind of pissed off at the Mama.. or she's a bitch. Then when she called she had a sad little message and he sounded like he was fucking pissed off at the message that she left by saying "But there's shit that I've done with this fuck of a gun,You would cry out your eyes all along!". Thats just what Im sayin'! Hope i could help Have a MCR day.
Problematique
Bleeding on the Floor
Problematique
March 2nd, 2007 at 06:53pm
I think that the whole TBP album is about losing. Losing and leaving. And I think that Mama is about a person who is in a war, and he is pissed at his mother because she doesnt understand his situation. She wants him to tell her, but he's sure that she wont understand and just "But there's shit that I've done with this fuck of a gun, you would cry out you r eyes all long"
Kira Lawliet
Fabulous Killjoy
Kira Lawliet
March 3rd, 2007 at 10:41pm
I think it's funny how Gerard says "I'm writting this letter and wishing you well", he's wishing Mom well while telling her that we all go to hell and die and lie.<3 I also say that the tune of this song is particularly catchy, I find myself humming it alot.<3
Muted Scream
Fabulous Killjoy
Muted Scream
March 8th, 2007 at 01:11pm
From what i can gather from the song, it seems to be based during WWI since that was the only time gas was majorly used. When the patient sings about, "what the war did to my legs and to my tongue" i assume he is talking about having his legs badly mangled by mortar fire, and he had to have his tongue cut out from the infection of the mustard gas. "if you could caudle the infection, make them amputate at once" can be defined as the patient being almost sarcastic to his mother, he isn't necessarily telling her what happened in the war, but these are the things he wants to tell her, and he is telling her in his mind "could you stop this infection you bitch? could you make them amputate my broken legs?!" by the end of the song, he still hasn't diclosed any info to his mother hence the line" but this shit that i've done with this fuck of a gun, you would cry out your eyes all night long" he still is reluctant to tell her, and all of this is causin a rift in their relationship, from him not telling her waht she wants to know, in fear of her hating and judging him, and her feeling distant from her son cause he won't say shit.

of course....i could be wrong about all of this.
utterlyempty
Really Not Okay
utterlyempty
March 9th, 2007 at 12:50pm
Say Goodbye!:
utterlyempty:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTGMlRX-dH4

Wow, thats the biggest complement ever. Thank you!
I'm DEAD!
Joining The Black Parade
I'm DEAD!
March 9th, 2007 at 01:07pm
It's about a boy in the war and his mother resent the fact that he's there and fears for his life. Yeah, it is based on WWII I think. I agree.