Don't have an account? Create one!

Mama

AuthorMessage
mcrluver12
Killjoy
mcrluver12
March 18th, 2007 at 09:57pm
i think it is about him telling his mother that he is grown up an he still loves her and yea thats it
ms.gerard way
Killjoy
ms.gerard way
March 18th, 2007 at 11:26pm
i think its about real life. your going to die we ARE all full of lies.... its sorta says the truth
ms.gerard way
Killjoy
ms.gerard way
March 18th, 2007 at 11:28pm
i think its about real life.. we ARE going to die and we ARE full of lies... listen to the song and most of it is true
Muted Scream
Fabulous Killjoy
Muted Scream
March 22nd, 2007 at 12:21pm
just a simple observation. if you are listening to the song on full volume with stereo speakers, you can make out in the beginning the sound of airplane motors, and the shrill sound of bombs being dropped. nothing special just a detail i noticed one day.
satellites.
In The Murder Scene
satellites.
March 27th, 2007 at 03:07pm
I agree with the people from earlier on. think it's about WAR because at the beginning their are gun shots, and then Liza is 'Mother War', and then they say about dying and about 'tomorrow we die' and all that stuff.
Solitary Style.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Solitary Style.
March 28th, 2007 at 01:23pm
Wow, it never occurred to me that "Mother War" could really be referring to war itself until I read these posts. You guys are really smart. I wonder if the song could apply to both a soldier's biological mother, and his new mother, Mother War. Some lines seem to go one way, and others seem to go the other. Lots of MCR's songs seem a little contradictory and confusing...

I'm really jealous, btw, of all you peeps who bought the limited edition. I bought mine on iTunes, and I guess I've missed out on a lot of special extra tidbits.
all_about_the_glasses
Killjoy
all_about_the_glasses
April 1st, 2007 at 04:59pm
It seems about war originally because of the lyrics "well mother, what the war did to my legs and to my tounge" and stuff, and the bomb explosion sound effects at the start but then i thought about how it fitted with the whole concept of the patient and his death and it seemed more then that it was a metaphor of fighting the cancer? i dont know.

p.s. sorry if someone already said this ^^' i havent read the last 7 pages
all_about_the_glasses
Killjoy
all_about_the_glasses
April 1st, 2007 at 04:59pm
It seems about war originally because of the lyrics "well mother, what the war did to my legs and to my tounge" and stuff, and the bomb explosion sound effects at the start but then i thought about how it fitted with the whole concept of the patient and his death and it seemed more then that it was a metaphor of fighting the cancer? i dont know.

p.s. sorry if someone already said this ^^' i havent read the last 7 pages
Demolition-Loverss
Killjoy
Demolition-Loverss
April 4th, 2007 at 02:57pm
I think it's about a man who is speeking to his mother and is telling her about the war in wich he is in.
the dark prince
Killjoy
the dark prince
April 5th, 2007 at 08:12am
i think this song represents how solidures feel during war and it also shows the hopelesness tht they feel
the dark prince
Killjoy
the dark prince
April 5th, 2007 at 08:13am
MR DEVIL SIR IM NOT UR SERVENT IM UR GOD!
thatweird_emokid
Killjoy
thatweird_emokid
April 5th, 2007 at 11:05pm
yeah, i think its about war...
mcr_4ever
Joining The Black Parade
mcr_4ever
April 6th, 2007 at 04:30pm
it's maybe about how he's going to miss his mom once she dies or how lonely and miserable he feels cuz of all the things he's done when he was younger
S!NNER.
Salute You in Your Grave
S!NNER.
April 6th, 2007 at 05:00pm
I think its kinda being told from the point of view of Mother War's son, who was raised to beleive stuff like that [we all go to Hell]
dead!!!!!!!!
Killjoy
dead!!!!!!!!
April 6th, 2007 at 06:26pm
does any one have a deadjournal code i could have please????
feather
Killjoy
feather
April 8th, 2007 at 03:41am
I think it's about despair when you are facing the death and you think your life wasn't so pretty. You are kind of hysterical and you think that all the people should go to hell, because they all are liers.
rockonbiiaaatch
Killjoy
rockonbiiaaatch
April 10th, 2007 at 12:42pm
I think he is telling his mother about the reality of life
and that life isnt easy and i agree that it could be about war
F'n'stein xo
Salute You in Your Grave
F'n'stein xo
April 14th, 2007 at 04:09pm
maybe this song is about gerard conquered his fear of death. In a couple of interviews i've seen or read, he used to be afraid of death and when his grandmother died, he realize that death comes to us eventually in any form like cancer. So we're going to die no matter what because we're all sinners and if we can be saved nothing can changed what we've done.
black magic woman.
Salute You in Your Grave
black magic woman.
April 14th, 2007 at 06:03pm
I always use to think this song is bad but looking through it,I guess that it isn't bad at all.All the patient is trying to say is that he tried his best to make his mother happy,and all through that he still loves her,but because of the war I guess he's saying We're all gonna die...(that's how I understand it,how 'bout you guys?)
StRayne
Killjoy
StRayne
April 14th, 2007 at 09:36pm
well we did this song in our show as a show closer....we did it following "you know what they do to guys" . where our character was hauled into solidary confiment...then when into the good and evil...one king was in a small cell infront of the stage and the other character was behind them with a gaggle of demons...but when people fall into shadow the struggle of "i want mama" comes up......

but the song was the push and pull of a persons mind...the why am i here? what can i do im already fucked...so why not.......

but moma was a icon for the want of innocennces....the person who is not supose to let us down...but sontimes it does happen....and we crave that gentle hand when the darkness creeps in