Don't have an account? Create one!

Mama

AuthorMessage
Solitary Style.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Solitary Style.
April 14th, 2007 at 11:53pm
StRayne:
well we did this song in our show as a show closer....we did it following "you know what they do to guys" . where our character was hauled into solidary confiment...then when into the good and evil...one king was in a small cell infront of the stage and the other character was behind them with a gaggle of demons...but when people fall into shadow the struggle of "i want mama" comes up......

but the song was the push and pull of a persons mind...the why am i here? what can i do im already fucked...so why not.......

but moma was a icon for the want of innocennces....the person who is not supose to let us down...but sontimes it does happen....and we crave that gentle hand when the darkness creeps in
That's very profound. Damn, I wish I was better at metaphors...
James Euringer
Bleeding on the Floor
James Euringer
April 15th, 2007 at 08:40pm
i agree with the ^ above. moms are a sort of comfort but yet the patient still can't seem to be comforted by the presence of his mother ( the voice on the track) or even a type of motherly figure. (Mother War)
gerardwayfan101
Killjoy
gerardwayfan101
April 19th, 2007 at 09:16pm
i think this song is about gerard or someone in the band not being a good child to their mother, which is said but if i was one of the band members moms & they wrote a song about me.. straight. everything would be good Very Happy
X.:IMNOTEMO:.X
Thinking Happy Thoughts
April 21st, 2007 at 01:04pm
This song is about all the wars theres ever been and about the soldiers family of how they feel when theyre gone. The lyrics are pretty obvious too. Go 2 youtube.com and type in Saving Private Ryan Mama. All the scenes from the movie pretty much go with the song. Please reply
Thinking Happy Thoughts
April 21st, 2007 at 01:12pm
please reply
xFamous_Living_Deadx
Killjoy
xFamous_Living_Deadx
April 24th, 2007 at 03:22pm
i personally think its about [the patient] and at some point he went to war literaly or with himself emotionally or mentally.

throughout the song he gets angrier with his mother not writing him back.

just lettin her know that he wants her to be well and that he is leaving soon. that he knows he will be going to hell or wherever.

second part...now tellin her that everyone he knew is fake and that she will eventually die alone and he feels bad for evrything he did to her.

third part....she apparently has told him that he is nothin to him and deserves to die in this war.

angriest part of letter....letting her know that he gives no fuck about her and that he is happy to die just to leave her and everything she was behind him.

*mothers response* she finally writes back telling him that if he loved her back maybe she would care a little....

climax of song....just saying that she is dead and that he is with his friends and accepting not having her and that he will die soon.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
April 24th, 2007 at 08:09pm
_
Deleted
Salute You in Your Grave
Deleted
April 26th, 2007 at 02:58pm
"Mama"...

It has something to do about a war alright.. (I'll just get out of the patient story for a while).... We all know how hard it is for the mothers of the soldiers of war to let their sons go, when they knwo occassionally, their son would die...

War changes a lot of things in humanity.... Somehow in our logical and pschological thinking.., We become musch more violent, impatient, you know that sort of stuff....

So I guess the son, was asking forgiveness in this although he feels that he won't be forgiven after all he had done.... He must be a bit cold with her mother, but you can imagine that there is also a touch of concern.....

Their songs have so many meanings that get me confused all the time... But l love the songs more when understand it in my own way..

A war zone is not a neat sight really.... I guess.. This song proves the complex of wars... Really.. Opening it up to mothers and soldiers..
gnat1ns
Killjoy
gnat1ns
April 26th, 2007 at 07:02pm
I think this song is generally about rejection, esp. from loved ones. Also, i feel it's about feeling imperfect. Like being sorry for something but at the same time not really being sorry at all. And trying to get across the message that you are what you are and nothing will change that. I believe this is the most expressive song on the album.
maylora
Killjoy
maylora
April 30th, 2007 at 04:16pm
Well its pretty obviese its about a man in a war of a sort,(weather emotional or physical but still a war) and telling his mother about it.

I think i'll agree with anyone who says he was killed, maybe it was his mothers idea to send him to war, and when he gets killed he comes beck to haunt her for sending him hence "return from the ashes you call" or maybe she wants him to come home and she feels guity for sending him,

I really do not have a clue
solong_and_goodnight
Killjoy
solong_and_goodnight
May 1st, 2007 at 08:44pm
I think it's about war - the gunshots at the beginning and "but the shit that I've done with this fuck of a gun!" Also, there is this part - "You should have raised a baby girl, I should have been a better son" - which is probably suggesting if there had been a girl, he would not have been in a war.
When the song goes "Mama, we all go to hell", I think there is some regret there - and, since they are in a war, they're obviously shooting and killing a lot of people, which makes him feel like a bad person.
Mannequin
Killjoy
Mannequin
May 1st, 2007 at 09:04pm
I think don't really think it's about war. I mean the character of the album, the patient, probably has some "mother issues", and is trying to sort it out before he dies. with the phrases like "I'm writing this letter and wishing you well." and "Mama we're all gonna die. Stop asking me questions, I'd hate to see you cry." Sounds like someone is gonna die to me.
Lozal
Killjoy
Lozal
May 6th, 2007 at 07:41pm
I think that This song is about war. "Look at what the war has done to my legs and to my tongue"

He was drafted, or sent to military school. "You should have raised a baby girl" The girl wouldn't have to go to war.

"I could have been a better son" This means that he was sent to military school for being so bad.
bellevillexx
Really Not Okay
bellevillexx
May 6th, 2007 at 09:00pm
I definitely think that this song has a good lot to do with war, but not necessarily war in its most literal sense. I think it's quite possible that it is, instead, an internal war inside the mind and heart of a man who has sinned. I think he's sorry for the heartache he's caused his mum. I think he's grown accustomed to saying tough things and running to get people off his back (Well, mother, what the war did to my legs and to my tongue) because he's ashamed of showing the wreck he's become inside of himself. Possibly by saying "You should have raised a baby girl, I should have been a better son" he's trying to shift some of the blame onto his mother while still owning up to the fact that he's been wrong. "But there's shit that I've done with this fuck of a gun" implies that he's done something horrible, such as killing a man, or, not so literally, demolishing the man that he could have been by making bad choices in his life. It sounds like his mother has forgiven him, but is waiting on her son to make the choice to reach out again when she says "And if you would call me your sweetheart, I'd maybe then sing you a song." But he refuses to reach out, it seems, judging by his mother's crying at the end of the song, after he goes on his schpiel about being damned and dying soon.
fun ghoul
In a Bullet's Embrace
fun ghoul
May 13th, 2007 at 06:41am
i totally luv this song, it reminds me of war...
imperfection...
and talking ot my mom!
Catastrophic Dreams
Jazz Hands
Catastrophic Dreams
May 13th, 2007 at 11:59am
I think it's about war because of the lyrics but i mabey wrong
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
May 22nd, 2007 at 12:48am

X.:IMNOTEMO:.X - Please do not spam this thread, thanks :]

When I listen to Mama, in my personal opinion I feel like the patient is going to war in his own mind, fighting the demons. The line "The shit that I have done with this fuck of a gun" is like him telling his family what bad things he did, and how he must lay them to rest.
"Their building a coffin your size" is kinda refering to how he made her suffer becuase of his problems.
This may not be the meaning that the band wanted, but this is just my personal view on it!
Solitary Style.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Solitary Style.
May 22nd, 2007 at 01:28am
It's interesting, SuicideReject.--most people think it's actually about a war, but I'm warming to the idea of war being a metaphor. One person even said that "Mama" could be a metaphor, for the one person you could always depend on, who would never let you down.
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
May 22nd, 2007 at 02:26am

^^
How would that work? Its quite an interesting thought..... :]
Solitary Style.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Solitary Style.
May 23rd, 2007 at 12:25am
Here is the quote 4 u...

StRayne:
well we did this song in our show as a show closer....we did it following "you know what they do to guys" . where our character was hauled into solidary confiment...then when into the good and evil...one king was in a small cell infront of the stage and the other character was behind them with a gaggle of demons...but when people fall into shadow the struggle of "i want mama" comes up......

but the song was the push and pull of a persons mind...the why am i here? what can i do im already fucked...so why not.......

but moma was a icon for the want of innocennces....the person who is not supose to let us down...but sontimes it does happen....and we crave that gentle hand when the darkness creeps in