Admin
Dujo
November 2nd, 2006 at 09:49am
-
voice4mygeneration65
Jazz Hands
voice4mygeneration65
November 2nd, 2006 at 11:23pm
This about Gerard Way and his experiances with 9/11 and witnessing the planes crashing into the WTC and their collapse and seeing the horror of the many people that jumped to death because there was no way out.
ImNotOkay3505
Salute You in Your Grave
ImNotOkay3505
November 3rd, 2006 at 09:17pm
^exactly. There's really nothing else to say on this song.
xAsleep Or Deadx
Banned
xAsleep Or Deadx
November 15th, 2006 at 10:06pm
truthofcontroversy:
This about Gerard Way and his experiances with 9/11 and witnessing the planes crashing into the WTC and their collapse and seeing the horror of the many people that jumped to death because there was no way out.

very well said..
Emo Dirtbag
Killjoy
Emo Dirtbag
December 25th, 2006 at 11:21am
to me the song is away of gerard getting over the plan crash 9/11 wich was sad forevery one. Gerard felt that he needs to get over it in the way. He was so close to the crash. It must have been painful to know that you live so close to were something like that happend and to know it could happen to you. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
need_saving
Killjoy
need_saving
December 25th, 2006 at 12:01pm
i agree w/ you guys....couldn't have said it any better...
Bury Me; in black
Joining The Black Parade
Bury Me; in black
December 29th, 2006 at 02:26pm
yes, that song is about 9/11.....its sad to me cuz ive had relatives suffer in that attack...and i can understand that for him too.
black dahlia
Salute You in Your Grave
black dahlia
December 30th, 2006 at 09:15am
I entered the Holocaust Essay Contest this year, and I used this song as a theme in my essay. I think it worked pretty well.For me, it not only speaks about 9/11, but it speaks about other atrocities too, like the Holocaust.

"and in this moment we can't close our lids on burning eyes
our memories blanket us with friends we know, like fallout vapor
steel corpses stretch out toward an ending sun, scorched and black
it reaches in and tears your flesh apart
as ice cold hands rip into your heart
that's if you've still got one that's left
inside that cave you call a chest
and after seeing what we saw, can we still reclaim our innocence
and if the world needs something better, let's give them one more reason now...
hello angel, tell me where are you
tell me where we go from here."

that spoke to me.

just a thought.
pitchforkred
Killjoy
pitchforkred
December 31st, 2006 at 03:19pm
haha.. u dont know? well the full stroy is:
Gerard was working in new york for his comics (if u really know... he drew them)
and it was on 9/11. so he attculy saw the towers go down. his first song written
Inertiatic Esp.
Bleeding on the Floor
Inertiatic Esp.
January 1st, 2007 at 01:37am
pitchforkred:
haha.. u dont know? well the full stroy is:
Gerard was working in new york for his comics (if u really know... he drew them)
and it was on 9/11. so he attculy saw the towers go down. his first song written

yes thats true but there is a little more to it
He realized that when he saw the towers fall that he should be doing what he wants with his life instead of slaving away drawing for other corperations

in writing his first song, " Skylines and Turnstiles" he really thought it had an important message that he really wanted the generl public to hear and understand
thus...
My Chemical Romance was born
fatality in the snow
Salute You in Your Grave
fatality in the snow
January 2nd, 2007 at 06:53pm
This definitely makes me thinkof 9/11, so I think it's about how Gee wants things to be alright but it isn't, hence "Hello Angel, tell me where are you?" Since he can't seem to find anything good in the world at this time, he wants to make it happen("Be the first to say I'm sorry" ) though even that doesn't work ("This broken city sky like butane on my skin" ) and also how all the lives lost affected people around them("Steel corpses stretch out towards an ending sun, scorched and black, It reaches in and tears your flesh apart, As ice cold hands rip into your heart" ).

This also makes me sort of depressed, because I know exactly what Gerard was going through when he wrote that, seeing as I lived near the WTC in NY during 9/11. =/ So it makes me think back to that, when I was real little and seeing the Big Apple turn into a place of despair.
DeCiMaTeD_DrEaMs
Bleeding on the Floor
DeCiMaTeD_DrEaMs
January 9th, 2007 at 02:01am
yep, i always think about that day when i listen to the song...i personally didnt know anyone who perished during the attacks but still it broke my heart to see it on tv i was like 13 or 14 ..i cryed watching it on tv... i remember the day very well..and then at night that day it smelled like smoke and i didnt live very close to the towers, i lived on the upper east side u.u
gerardway_hot!!!
Killjoy
gerardway_hot!!!
January 12th, 2007 at 04:54am
how on earth can 5 guys be so hot
my chemical reaction
Fabulous Killjoy
my chemical reaction
January 17th, 2007 at 12:50am
i think everyone knows the backround to this song if not from watching the dvd or reading these case all of them say the say thing about 9/11 i feel sorry for the lil tike
AngelicDemon
Killjoy
AngelicDemon
January 17th, 2007 at 03:23pm
Hmmm i wonder if 9/11 never happened there would still be an mcr..
x--GiveEmHellKid--x
Fabulous Killjoy
x--GiveEmHellKid--x
January 20th, 2007 at 02:03am
Life on the murder sceneWink "my way of getting over it" eg 9/11
like swift.
Motor Baby
like swift.
January 21st, 2007 at 12:29pm
everything's been said, just wanted to add the fact that the first line in the song is the most inspirational thing ever said[and it helps that it's said by Gerard Way<3]

"You're not in this Alone"
Tragic.
Banned
Tragic.
January 25th, 2007 at 02:11pm
that must have been horrible.
witnessing 9/11.
=S.
xoxbabyxox
Fabulous Killjoy
xoxbabyxox
January 29th, 2007 at 08:56pm
the song is sad and it always makes me think of that day. it was something that effected so many people. im even learning this song on guitar.
dread_cry999
Fabulous Killjoy
dread_cry999
February 4th, 2007 at 06:00pm
Everyone knows this one... its Gerards escape ruit for the witnessing of the 9-11 incident.