Don't have an account? Create one!

Skylines And Turnstiles

AuthorMessage
Silent_Whispers
Salute You in Your Grave
Silent_Whispers
February 5th, 2007 at 01:32pm
truthofcontroversy:
This about Gerard Way and his experiances with 9/11 and witnessing the planes crashing into the WTC and their collapse and seeing the horror of the many people that jumped to death because there was no way out.

Yes I think that covers it
Ashley_Fatality
Killjoy
Ashley_Fatality
February 17th, 2007 at 04:54pm
dread_cry999:
Everyone knows this one... its Gerards escape ruit for the witnessing of the 9-11 incident.
yep thats about right
Gerard_LoverXx
Killjoy
Gerard_LoverXx
April 1st, 2007 at 02:30pm
gerard was there when the twin towers crumpled, and he saw the bodies falling from the building, and thats what really made him think. This was the first song he ever wrote for my chem, and its probably one of the important ones.
Brian Schechter
Banned
Brian Schechter
April 1st, 2007 at 11:21pm
this song makes me so sad.
but everyone knows this song is about gerard witnessing the 9/11 attacks.
he rethought his life.
called up matt/ray.
then they made this song (bring more knives/skylines and turnstiles)
this song just makes me wanna cry because its just, deep.
probably the chorus. i just. i feel this song.

im gonnna analyze part of it. its not that hard to draw conclusions.
i think that the 'hello angel, tell me where are you' line is him trying to figure out how something this horrible could happen. like asking god why this happened.

also.
opening line 'your not in this alone let me break this awkward silence....hear me out'
thats like saying hes trying to speak for the US. and hes trying to talk for the people by writing this song??

thats just my opinion.
was it long enough for you ? xD
Solitary Style.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Solitary Style.
April 17th, 2007 at 12:51am
My God--I had no idea. I just thought it was about the monotony of working in a city, and then I read the lyrics, and thought that some kind of crime had been committed. I have a whole new respect for this song now that I know.
Brain damage
Salute You in Your Grave
Brain damage
April 18th, 2007 at 08:09pm
well its about the terrors of the twin towers!..
wich as we all are ...oppsest whit my chemical romance
it had a real inpression on gerad
i mean think about it ..if that had never happend ...mcr wuld have never existed:S
hanna-xx
Killjoy
hanna-xx
April 19th, 2007 at 07:21am
it is gerards way of getting over the 9/11
everyone knows that BUT
i think this song has a lot of hope
it kind of introduces mcr to everyone
the part ' Youre not in this alone. let me break this awkward silence, let me go. go on record be the first to say im sorry.. hear me out'
i think that means that mcr are gonna be here for you. they are going to be the first to go on record and help those people that feel depressed by telling them that they are not alone. mcr are here for them in so many ways. by telling you all about themselves, which is what mcr are doing through music, it is helping people relise that they are not the only ones to go through depression and that there are people out there to help you. that you can talk to.
i love this song
it means SO much to me
Brain damage
Salute You in Your Grave
Brain damage
April 19th, 2007 at 09:10am
hanna-xx:
everyone knows that BUT
the part ' Youre not in this alone. let me break this awkward silence, let me go. go on record be the first to say im sorry.. hear me out'
i think that means that mcr are gonna be here for you. they are going to be the first to go on record and help those people that feel depressed by telling them that they are not alone. mcr are here for them in so many ways. by telling you all about themselves, which is what mcr are doing through music, it is helping people relise that they are not the only ones to go through depression and that there are people out there to help you. that you can talk to.
i love this song

wow thats so right!!..there just saying ..you know dont lose hope .and you know they are gonna let evryone here them!
it means SO much to me
Brain damage
Salute You in Your Grave
Brain damage
April 19th, 2007 at 09:10am
mcrfan_ice:
hanna-xx:
everyone knows that BUT
i love this song

it means SO much to me

wow thats so right!!..there just saying ..you know dont lose hope .and you know they are gonna let evryone here them!
Rain Through Me
Banned
Rain Through Me
April 21st, 2007 at 09:59pm
truthofcontroversy:
This about Gerard Way and his experiances with 9/11 and witnessing the planes crashing into the WTC and their collapse and seeing the horror of the many people that jumped to death because there was no way out.

i can't even overdue that tho
but very well put
hairlikeray
Joining The Black Parade
hairlikeray
April 23rd, 2007 at 09:54pm
i know it has to do with the bands dealing with 9/11 but i dont understand really ..probably cuz i barly understand 9/11. can some one please explain 9/11to me. i dont get what exactly happend. Crying or Very sad but i know that it was very sad and many lives were lost
xo.ilovegerardway.xo
Killjoy
xo.ilovegerardway.xo
April 26th, 2007 at 07:45pm
this was teh first song they wrote and its about 9/11..i love this song..
i Fucken Love Gerard
Killjoy
i Fucken Love Gerard
May 7th, 2007 at 09:28pm
I guess I can sorta relate. I mean my dad was in the building that day because he worked on the 23rd floor for an architecture company called mancini duffy, and all this stuff was going on. at first they said not to leave the building and that it was a false alarm, then people just started leaving. i remember being picked up from school that day, but i guess my dad can relate to gerard's experience more. being that it was him in the building [by the way my dad is still alive] but i love how sensative gerard is. and it doesn't seem as if he's afraid to show it. that's one of the things i love about gerard!
michael_james_way
Killjoy
michael_james_way
May 12th, 2007 at 07:56am
Didn't this happen the day after Mikey's birthday?...weird....
Gee-Bear Whore
Motor Baby
Gee-Bear Whore
May 13th, 2007 at 12:11am
Yea thats weird ae it happened after Mikeys bday..

the songs about gerard witnessing 9/11 he saw the bodies falling etc..
thats when he realised he had to do something with his life..

first ever mcr song and one of my faves!!
Catastrophic Dreams
Jazz Hands
Catastrophic Dreams
May 13th, 2007 at 12:21pm
this song is about 9/11
sherlock!
Crash Queen
sherlock!
May 14th, 2007 at 04:21am
rip my heart out:
this song is about 9/11
plain and simple, yea.

This was the first song he wrote, if I'm not mistaken?

Smile
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
May 14th, 2007 at 05:49am

^^ Yes it was!

It is about 9/11, but I also think that Gerard and other band members wwere really confused about their purpose. They were trying to find themselves, and I think with bullets they really achieved that.
Catastrophic Dreams
Jazz Hands
Catastrophic Dreams
May 14th, 2007 at 07:30am
Suicidal Reject.:

^^ Yes it was!

It is about 9/11, but I also think that Gerard and other band members wwere really confused about their purpose. They were trying to find themselves, and I think with bullets they really achieved that.
It was Gee's first song he wrote
xxxdarkangelxxx
Fabulous Killjoy
xxxdarkangelxxx
May 16th, 2007 at 04:14am
the song is about the 9/11 attacks and...yeah...