Don't have an account? Create one!

Skylines And Turnstiles

AuthorMessage
Catastrophic Dreams
Jazz Hands
Catastrophic Dreams
May 16th, 2007 at 06:51am
xxxdarkangelxxx:
the song is about the 9/11 attacks and...yeah...
you are right
MCR FREAK
Fabulous Killjoy
MCR FREAK
May 20th, 2007 at 12:34pm
Gerad witness of the 9/11 on the day he was goin to see if he could publish his magazine 'the breakfast monkey' ...every one knows that. It was also the bands first song.
tragic affair.
Killjoy
tragic affair.
May 20th, 2007 at 02:47pm
this is about 9/11. gerard was trying to pitch "the breakfast monkey".
MC-Romance
Killjoy
MC-Romance
July 25th, 2007 at 06:39pm
Does anyone knows what "fallout vapors" mean?
conor oberst.
Bleeding on the Floor
conor oberst.
July 26th, 2007 at 08:48am
I wrote an essay type thing on mcr last year and the other day me and my frend were having a disussion about this song only we thought it was 'Our Ldy of Sorrows' until I went on Wikipedia and found out I got it wrong and me and my fried went through a long conversation about the wrong song.
my.gerard.romance...
Killjoy
my.gerard.romance...
August 5th, 2007 at 08:13am
If you read the meaning of this song..it obviously says that it's about Gerard witnessing the 9/11 accident while he was doing this cartoon thing..
So him and Matt ( i think matt was the ex-drummer) worte about it.
Demolition Lover.
Killjoy
Demolition Lover.
August 12th, 2007 at 05:52am
9/11
everyone should know this.
my_chem_xoxo
Killjoy
my_chem_xoxo
August 23rd, 2007 at 08:34pm
this song was writen by gerard way as kinda a way to get over him witnessing 9/11. and i agree with a freaking macgregor when she says it speaks about other atrocities like the holocaust.
Butters
Salute You in Your Grave
Butters
September 11th, 2007 at 09:55am
Happy anniversary Skylines and Turnstiles...

This day is so sad,I remember the day so well,even though I was only little, I didn't really understand what was going on. I just saw smoking bulidings on the TV and asked my mom what was going on.
MaggieIero
Killjoy
MaggieIero
September 16th, 2007 at 03:30pm
To song is just about Gerard's and Matt's (The old baterist of the band) about the 11th os September of 2001
lil-miss-apocalypse
Killjoy
lil-miss-apocalypse
September 20th, 2007 at 09:08pm
i think that it is also meant to inspire people to carry on through a crisis and to never give up or give in. That no matter if your life is falling down around you, you should carry on living.
well
thats what i think
=P
XxiLOVE_MCRxX
Killjoy
XxiLOVE_MCRxX
September 22nd, 2007 at 10:31pm
iT'S BOUT GEE SEEiNG 911 Crying or Very sad
AND HE WAS HEADiNG TO NY.
FightTheGoodFight
Fabulous Killjoy
FightTheGoodFight
October 4th, 2007 at 10:11pm
does anyone else think that "steel corpses stretch out towards and ending sun, scorched and black" is some of the best imagery ever used
in the history of ...ever!
the first time i heard this, i looked up the lyrics and i was just gobsmacked over that line, i think i ended up crying about it although i was only eight when 9/11 happened and i live in england and didn't know anyone there
it still gets the reality of it through to me on this song
scizophomiya
Killjoy
scizophomiya
November 20th, 2007 at 11:30am
Thanks for explaining... I think all these time I missunderstood the meaning,
First, I think its just someone who lost and desperate and questioning his faith.

after I understand the meaning, i dont know what will i feel when I heard again tis song...
mikeyhasmyheart
Killjoy
mikeyhasmyheart
November 26th, 2007 at 07:03pm
I needed a way to get over it so i wrote a song
jems
Killjoy
jems
November 29th, 2007 at 06:46pm
I find it amazing how Gerard was ACTUALLY there in New York witnessing the Towers collapse. Must have been so inspirational.
Awfull-
Killjoy
Awfull-
December 1st, 2007 at 01:18pm
I think Skylines and turnstiles are one of the most power full songs ever ,it's got so much power in it and it's so awesome,
WtfAshley
Killjoy
WtfAshley
December 1st, 2007 at 06:26pm
this song IS really sad but i cant stop listening to it....i LOVE this song even though its really sad.
Darkromance
Banned
Darkromance
January 12th, 2008 at 12:49pm
Emo Dirtbag:
to me the song is away of gerard getting over the plan crash 9/11 wich was sad forevery one. Gerard felt that he needs to get over it in the way. He was so close to the crash. It must have been painful to know that you live so close to were something like that happend and to know it could happen to you. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Yeah, well.........I was a young kid at the time. I guess I was being a dumb little kid. This previous comment makes me think of how I felt about 911 when it first happened. When I heard about it, I thought "Coool! I wish I was there to see that!" Neutral
Darkromance
Banned
Darkromance
January 12th, 2008 at 12:50pm
XxDr.IeroxX:
this song IS really sad but i cant stop listening to it....i LOVE this song even though its really sad.

No way! The saddest song is cancer!