Don't have an account? Create one!

Skylines And Turnstiles

AuthorMessage
savannah's gone.
Bleeding on the Floor
savannah's gone.
January 30th, 2008 at 03:58pm
didn't he say it showed that he should do something with his life or something like that? thats what i heard anyway
LeATHERMOUTH.
Salute You in Your Grave
LeATHERMOUTH.
February 1st, 2008 at 12:23pm
This is oe of the songs where I know for sure what it's about. It's about September the 11th and Gerard's way of dealingwith it. He wrote the song to elp himm get out of it. If you watch Life On The Murder you'll know because they talk about it.
Gerardus
Killjoy
Gerardus
February 8th, 2008 at 10:34am
The lyrics are beautiful. I love them. And the first line got me...it got me hooked to My Chemical Romance from the start. The first MCR song I ever heard..."You're not in this alone". I would be dead. surely. Losing dad was hard. Now I am scared to death of my mother's life, as the doctors say they are 99% sure it is cancer. No parents...how will I live? I know how i will live...no matter how lonely i feel...no matter how many people i lose in this life...this line tells me I am never REALLY alone. They are always there by my side. They are there to stick it out with me. Helping me through everything. Acting as an escape...As thearipy...As a best friend...As role models...As a concious to tell me "hey, don't do that...it isn't right". No matter what happens...dispite all the shit life puts any of you through...please know that you are not alone...they will always be with you...as they for me...helping me mend...helping me walk again after the heartbreak...baby-steps at a time...Catching me every time I fall...telling me to get back up...to not give up...ever.
Cyanide Romance
Killjoy
Cyanide Romance
February 12th, 2008 at 02:12pm
i agree about the whole 9/11 thing, well, actually, thats what the song is about. gerard siad so himself. but i also like to believe that is is about getting over things that happen to you or a country as a whole and that you must always have faith in urself and our great nation, cus we went right back to the middle east and kicked their asses. it would be hard not to have faith in our country after that.
inactive account
Demolition Lover
inactive account
March 5th, 2008 at 12:39pm
this songs bleepin amazing!
helpless
Killjoy
helpless
March 5th, 2008 at 08:11pm
this song is about 9/11 it is also the first osng ever written by the band befor they were a band by gerard
jared leto.
Awake and Unafraid
jared leto.
March 23rd, 2008 at 10:42pm
I read a book called my chemical romance--this band will save your life and it was about those who lost their live in the twin towers.
valiumobsequy
Awake and Unafraid
valiumobsequy
August 15th, 2008 at 06:56pm
I dont know why but i cant really understand what they're saying on bullets but I can on thier other cd's
monster-ray
Fabulous Killjoy
monster-ray
September 3rd, 2008 at 06:41pm
ok i can but i thanks this song is about 9/11
monster-ray
Fabulous Killjoy
monster-ray
September 3rd, 2008 at 06:41pm
ok i can but i thanks this song is about 9/11
Snow Fall
Killjoy
Snow Fall
September 8th, 2008 at 05:43am
It's such a powerful song.....With so much emotion and meaning in it....
And it's the ninth track in the bullets album, which has eleven songs. So that would make it 9/11.

"Merci Pour Le Venin"
Take-My-Hand
Killjoy
Take-My-Hand
September 9th, 2008 at 04:12am
Yeah coz Gerard was near the WTC when the plans crashed,he was near it and it really upset him.This was his way of getting over the crash,if he didnt do this song he thought that he might not have gotten over it.It was in LOTMS....

Proud soilder in the MCRmy x
jinx removing.
Killjoy
jinx removing.
September 13th, 2008 at 09:30am
Bill Kaulitz.:
This is oe of the songs where I know for sure what it's about. It's about September the 11th and Gerard's way of dealingwith it. He wrote the song to elp himm get out of it. If you watch Life On The Murder you'll know because they talk about it.
make some noise;
Jazz Hands
make some noise;
September 20th, 2008 at 10:21pm
As said many times before me, this song is about 9/11. Gerard was going to work to pitch The Breakfastt Monkey, and he witnessed the Twin Towers being attacked. As he watched the bodies falling, he realized that he needed to do something meaningful with his life and do something that would help people. He wrote Skylines And Turnstiles as his way of dealing with 9/11, and it became My Chemical Romance's first song. This song is really meaningful, and gives you a deeper insight on the tragedy.
"And after seeing what we saw, can we still reclaim our innocence?" really speaks to me, and it makes me wonder whether anyone who witnessed the Twin Towers attack really will have an ounce of innocence left to reclaim.
At the beginning, I think Gerard is letting everyone know that they're not alone, nto alone in dealing with 9/11, but above all not alone throughout any tragedy. As Gerard put it, "It's okay to be messed up, because there are 5 guys that are just as messed up as you."
lamaine13_MCR
Killjoy
lamaine13_MCR
September 27th, 2008 at 08:46am
this song about gerard's experience on 9/11 he was on a ferry going to work on cartoon network when all of a sudden he saw the planes crashing in to the buildings he litterally saw the bodies falling from the buildings......thats what mede gerard think:"what am i doing with my life? here iam slaving to make drawings to people in this company when there are thousands of people out there that need to be saved" thats then that gerard went home and wrote skylines and turnstiles it was his way out of what happened
TheSaneAbandonedMe
Killjoy
TheSaneAbandonedMe
October 20th, 2008 at 01:59pm
i think the song is about more then just seeing the 9/11 attack. i think Gerard is trying to say that there are good things in the world andhe wants to be one of those reasons. he wanted to be the band that changed peoples lives. and he succeded with that.

"and if the world needs something better, let's giving them one more reason now"
StandUpEffingTall!
Killjoy
StandUpEffingTall!
December 13th, 2008 at 01:19am
This was wriiten after 9/11 when Gerard saw the twin towers falling while in his office working on comics for cartoon network. Its about how the terrorists thought that they were doing the right thing. But........it was not really justified at all. Life changing..........
xxMikeyWay
Killjoy
xxMikeyWay
December 30th, 2008 at 04:13pm
first MCR song EBER!!!!!!!!
Gee was on his way up to NY for something to do wiff his pwnful cartoons. He witnessed the terrorist attack 2. thus, skylines && turnstiles was born.

They talk about it some on "Life On The Murder Scene"
If u dont have that, u need to get it bcuz it completed my life!!
(until they come out wiff a new album!! *crosses fingers its early next year*)
icyplut007
Killjoy
icyplut007
December 31st, 2008 at 01:04pm
obviously about 9/11.
BEAUTIFUL song.
random... but this song is amazing to listen to after reading the book 'extremely loud and incredibly close' by jonathan safran foer. the two together create an amazing image of what happened on september 11th and the hopeless emotions the youth can feel in such a horrible world
angelofthemissed
Fabulous Killjoy
angelofthemissed
May 13th, 2012 at 02:39pm
This is the first mcr song ever. It is why my chemical romance got started, after Gerard saw 9/11 with his own two eyes while he was in NYC