Don't have an account? Create one!

Teenagers

AuthorMessage
ccchelsea
Killjoy
ccchelsea
April 19th, 2007 at 07:26am
eslizard:
this news is verry sad... i cant believe it happened... and 3 Colombines... i know how bad Colombine was cause i live in Colorado... that many is very disturbing... but im ot really suprised it was a student... not many strangers would have come up and started shooting a college campus...

but how do you think this whole thing is going to settle with thsong being released on monday? the song is about teenagers and things like shootings... and it is being released right after one of the worst shootings in history...

and i dont think that Gerard would ever encourage things like gun violence... its not the kind of person that he is... he is for the fans, and encouring things like violence wouldnt give very many fans...

there's my 2 cents...

I cried when i was reading/watching the news about the Virginia Tech shootings.... it's just horrible... it just makes me wonder what factors caused him to do such a horrible thing?! he is one v unhappy person~~

I'm really worried that the timing of the single teenagers will make the media and stuff put MCR in a negative situation... cos of the controversy and the sensitivity of the topic of the song... especially at this time...............................................................................worried!!!!!

people always try to find ways to attack MCR......... and this is like... another chance for them to get misunderstood by the mass..........
sparklinggrey
Jazz Hands
sparklinggrey
April 19th, 2007 at 01:51pm
honeslty, i thought from the very beginning that this song is about something like this (have you guys seen the movie 'elephant'?) and I even pictured the video ... MCR getting revenge on everyone at school by playin pranks on them or something. And after I heard the news .... I dont the teenagers video depends on wheter MCR should release this song or not

(and yipi! my first post!)
James Euringer
Bleeding on the Floor
James Euringer
April 19th, 2007 at 09:44pm
i'm kinda worried about mcr's image too. but idk the'd really care. maybe sumthing direct about the shootings and about it? but that's not really mcr is it?......

i don't think people can blame or yell at the band for controversy over the shootings for the song. like i said a mere coinincidince(sp)?! you knoe since they said go ahead on it they prolly couldn't stop it when they heard about the shootings. Gerard never meant for that to happen.
DeToxic8_MCRmy
Killjoy
DeToxic8_MCRmy
April 20th, 2007 at 03:26am
Your Right , Gerard is an Artist who is Telling it Like it IS and that is an Artist's function. Everyone wants to Blame,
even the Gunman himself wants to say it
was Somebody "made" him do it!
Solitary Style.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Solitary Style.
April 20th, 2007 at 10:53pm
I don't understand--"Teenagers" being released? What does that mean? Like on a single? Went to mychemicalromance.com and checked out the news, but there was nothing about the song.

And yes, it occurred to me as well, the VA Tech incident and this song. They should have kept the stupid F*cker in the mental institution where he belonged.
MyGeekyRomance
Killjoy
MyGeekyRomance
April 21st, 2007 at 07:30am
i think this song is saying that audlts seem to overexagarate..and hate teenagers and think they are nasty, violent people. But actually most of them are nice and wouldn't harm anyone.
DeToxic8_MCRmy
Killjoy
DeToxic8_MCRmy
April 21st, 2007 at 04:09pm
Virginia Thecnical University is like a reform school, if your in JD and go to VT,
You have to wear an Orange jumpsuit and be a 'hokie' . The school Mascot is ironically a 'hokie bird' the shooter was a foreign student who targeted 'hokie' students, the News won't say this! but,
that's why we wore Orange on April 20th.
DeToxic8_MCRmy
Killjoy
DeToxic8_MCRmy
April 21st, 2007 at 04:32pm
it seems like Teenagers scaredtheshit out of Cho,
James Euringer
Bleeding on the Floor
James Euringer
April 24th, 2007 at 09:41pm
i'm sorry but that's kinda funny ( sorry i haven't i haven't need on) has the video for the song been released yet?
Solitary Style.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Solitary Style.
April 25th, 2007 at 01:17am
Yeah--does anyone know if there is a video available? I've been looking around youtube, but haven't found anything yet.
solong_and_goodnight
Killjoy
solong_and_goodnight
April 25th, 2007 at 07:15pm
When it goes, "So darken your clothes or striek a violent pose" I think he's saying to take a stand against bullies and shit like that...and it's okay to be different...anyhoo...this song rocks my sox!!!!
chcolatecake
Killjoy
chcolatecake
April 25th, 2007 at 07:51pm
I agree with solong_and_goodnight, we shouldnt take anyones shit....be who you wanna be! and it never really acored to me about Virgina Tech....and MCR relate....but now that you all pointed it out i can see how they relate. and has anyone found the teenagers video i didnt even know it was out...haha
Heartquake
Salute You in Your Grave
Heartquake
April 25th, 2007 at 10:33pm
is the video out yet!??!??!?!
x_ieatsocks__
Joining The Black Parade
x_ieatsocks__
April 25th, 2007 at 11:44pm
No,people, vid is not out yet.
Anyways...
I am really upset at the people who are connecting this song to The VT shootings, because "Teenagers" was written before the incident.
Give Em Hell Kid
Killjoy
Give Em Hell Kid
April 27th, 2007 at 02:13pm
no its about the band not fitting in at school i lisend to the documentry thats what thy said.
Adorkable.
Motor Baby
Adorkable.
April 27th, 2007 at 05:55pm
wow, overpost much?

It's quite obviously a statement about gun violence in schools and kids killing kids.
I heard that on an interview, they said it themselves.
Adorkable.
Motor Baby
Adorkable.
April 27th, 2007 at 05:58pm
Solitary Style.:
I don't understand--"Teenagers" being released? What does that mean? Like on a single? Went to mychemicalromance.com and checked out the news, but there was nothing about the song.

And yes, it occurred to me as well, the VA Tech incident and this song. They should have kept the stupid F*cker in the mental institution where he belonged.

Well, they have it as a single on the track playlist, but because of the Virginia Tech incident, they won't be releasing it for a while. That's what I've heard.

EDIT! PAGE CLAIM!!
marisa mayhem
Killjoy
marisa mayhem
April 27th, 2007 at 06:40pm
I agree with about 90% of the people on here saying that it's about gun violence
and that it's about the extreme anger of teenagers [like us]

i also like the theory of Gerard going through his MLC
=]
oceanic 815.
Full of Ephedrine
oceanic 815.
April 27th, 2007 at 07:00pm
Guys, there's a topic about the single here, don't spam this thread up.
Song meanings, remember that. xD
DeToxic8_MCRmy
Killjoy
DeToxic8_MCRmy
April 27th, 2007 at 08:06pm
Forgive, I here am, New! - When I saw V.T. on News it hit me with my Eyes closed, I wasn't myself!!!