AuthorMessage
actually_im_a_broom
Killjoy
actually_im_a_broom
July 20th, 2007 at 11:13pm
world inferno.:
scissorglamour:
NONONONO.

im watching them on much music right now.

Gerard said Teenagers is about gun violence.

SOLVED.

She's right.. Gerard said Teenager's is about gun violence in teens and shit.

I thought it was about a kid taking out years of bullying on the students. Like a shooting.
"What you got under your shirt
Will make them pay for the things that they did."

It's pretty straightforward.

Yeah pretty much....and also "so darken your clothes." i kindof thought that he was talking about the kids that feel left out so they start trying to be emo although their not? just a thought
goffman
Killjoy
goffman
July 22nd, 2007 at 10:26am
its me again (i bet your getting sick of me being a right nerd, im sure i've answered all of the song meanings by now)
i think it could possibly be about how kids like us are being treated like slabs of dog meat.
Truth
Killjoy
Truth
July 22nd, 2007 at 01:50pm
Basically showing the song is describing the stuations and violences that teenagers experience both themselves and towards others. Its a great chant song, thats why it has has done so well in the charts i think Smile.
maudlinromance
Bleeding on the Floor
maudlinromance
July 29th, 2007 at 08:21am
I felt that this track out of all that MCR has on TBP feels...detatched. Don't get me wrong, I still like it, and it wouldn't be TBP w/o it, but I don't know...I still feel the reason for it is, in concpet form, the patient looks upon his time as a teenager, and warns others that they "scare the shit outta him".
followill.
In The Murder Scene
followill.
July 30th, 2007 at 02:08pm
I think it's about how much teenagers are scary to elderly and adults...

R U N F O R L I F E
MCRx4EVER
Killjoy
MCRx4EVER
July 31st, 2007 at 04:37am
Teenagers is about how teens are using violence instead of words or something. They are acting out in bad ways and how vicious teenagers can be. It's mainly about teenage violence and how Gee is sort of scared of Teenagers lol.
jugan444
Killjoy
jugan444
August 1st, 2007 at 06:32pm
I think the song is about how the world sees teenagers, how we see ourselves, and how we see the world.
we scare the crap out of them, sometimes on purpose, and we scare the crap out of each other. We treat other teenagers as badly as the world sometimes treats us, less than human (or not human YET) and people react to that violently.
eepshyes
Shotgun Sinner
eepshyes
August 1st, 2007 at 07:06pm
demolitionlovers3425:
Teenagers is about how teens are using violence instead of words or something. They are acting out in bad ways and how vicious teenagers can be. It's mainly about teenage violence and how Gee is sort of scared of Teenagers lol.

No, Gerard said it was stupid to be afraid of kids.
He said he wasn't. maybe I'm translating what he said wrong, but that's what I got.

I think it's just about how the world percieves teenagers. They scare us, we scare them, it's a never ending cycle.
writerGrrl
Salute You in Your Grave
writerGrrl
August 3rd, 2007 at 06:44am
Audrey Hepburn.:
No, Gerard said it was stupid to be afraid of kids.
He said he wasn't. maybe I'm translating what he said wrong, but that's what I got.

I think it's just about how the world percieves teenagers. They scare us, we scare them, it's a never ending cycle.

I don't think he's scared of normal teenagers, just big packs of teenies threatening to suffocate him and screaming. "IWANTYOURBABIES!!!!" But that's understandable.

I think this song's about how if teenagers were to do something violent, people would automatically blame musicians like him. (Hence: Maybe they'll leave you alone but not me.) Like how people blamed Marilyn "Frank's a dwarf" Manson for the Colombine shootings because the shooters listened to his music. (I find that vindictive.)
my.gerard.romance...
Killjoy
my.gerard.romance...
August 5th, 2007 at 01:11am
I think it's about what Gerard thinks about Teenagers (Teenagers scare the living shit outta me) and its what he thinks they do (They could care-less as long as someone would bleed)
gerards_lil_goth
Killjoy
gerards_lil_goth
August 8th, 2007 at 11:19am
my.gerard.romance:
I think it's about what Gerard thinks about Teenagers (Teenagers scare the living shit outta me) and its what he thinks they do (They could care-less as long as someone would bleed)

i totally agree with what you said ab ove : Clap
My ChEm.ObSeSsioN
Killjoy
My ChEm.ObSeSsioN
August 9th, 2007 at 03:27am
this song is so awesome!
Justanotherstar
Salute You in Your Grave
Justanotherstar
August 9th, 2007 at 04:37pm
Mrs GeeBee Way:
hey i already did this but:
teenagers is about the teenagers that kill each other (they could care less as long as someone will bleed)
-x- thank-a! -x-

nahh i dont think that coss...

it says...

"theyre guna clean up ur looks..... to make a citizen out of you"

i think its about ermmm i totally forgot what i was just about to say hhahaha

likee oh god..ill come back tothis lol
Annie-Luvz-a-Marine.
Salute You in Your Grave
Annie-Luvz-a-Marine.
August 10th, 2007 at 06:36pm
I actually read an interview saying that Gerard wrote this song after a ride on a subway where he was surrounded with teenagers and for the first time he felt frightened of them, and he said it was the first time he really felt old.

There's also many references to school shootings (columbine, etc.) like when he sings:
but when you're troubled and hurt,
what you got under your shirt,
will make them pay for the things that they did.

It's really just how corrupted us teenagers have become and how teenagers of any generation will always scare their elders.

my view
(Hahaha. Great song. Basically, you can say that it's about how teenagers can be rather superficial and don't care about anyone but themselves, which can be true. We do tend to be at the "screw you, as long as I'm happy, that's all that really matters" thing. You know? Well yeah, just thought I'd put that out there because I was bored.)
my.gerard.romance...
Killjoy
my.gerard.romance...
August 11th, 2007 at 01:07am
I like tha film clip of it...if you haven't seen it then you should coz I really like it. Actually I like all of their film clips so...
Angel of the Lord
Killjoy
Angel of the Lord
August 22nd, 2007 at 11:16pm
My friend and i always thought thie song was talking about Gee himself. But what is all above makes perfect sense. I mean (I'm f*cking homeschooled) but what i hear through my friends about what happens in their schools.... it's just horrible. Like, not too long ago someone set off a stink bomb in the teacher's lounge. I know, a stink bomb doesn't do much, but still!
zephyr_zealot
Killjoy
zephyr_zealot
August 23rd, 2007 at 07:44pm
I agree with Garrett's_Bella_Wife. Teenagers today are really scare their elders. My school, population of trying to look-alike gangsters..they always finding problems with the teachers. They only 'try' to scare teachers...

About the song:

It's a lively song. I like it when he sang "darken your clothes, or strike a violent pose". It shows the gothic to the band.
my_chem_xoxo
Killjoy
my_chem_xoxo
August 23rd, 2007 at 07:58pm
this song seems to me is about how teens scare gerard. how they dress and act tawrds each other with all the name calling and stereo typing. and it seems that no matter how hard he trys to stop them from this and how hard he trys to get them to stop idolizing mcr you just cant stop them.
Tiffany xoxo
Killjoy
Tiffany xoxo
August 23rd, 2007 at 09:26pm
Gerard said it was about gun violence

Teenagers is about the teenagers that kill each other (they could care less as long as someone will bleed)
Teenagers think that violence can prove their masculanity, and its really important to fit in in school and to be in cliques.

teenagers scare the living shit out of me,
They could care less as long as someone’ll bleed.
So darken your clothes,
And strike a violent pose,
Maybe they’ll leave you alone, but not me.
lennyK
Fabulous Killjoy
lennyK
August 24th, 2007 at 01:54am
'Maybe they'll leave you alone, but not me.'

Uh, guys? What's that supposed to mean?^^