"whet you got under your shirt"
refering to your personality
when you show your personality
people get scared cuz they dont understand
mcr's black heart
Killjoy
mcr's black heart
August 28th, 2007 at 08:59pm
i think teenagers is about all the horrible stuff that happened in the states like what happend at Virgina tech and stuff and they are just taking about there teen age experiences.

mcr's black heart
GerardsSweety
Killjoy
GerardsSweety
September 3rd, 2007 at 03:21pm
I think teenagers is about the no-understanding of what goes through teenagers heads. For example, i heard that gerard way was said to have tried suicide and i cried so hard i was ill for a whie. My mum said "its just a band" .But i love them so much! Crying or Very sad
GerardsSweety
Killjoy
GerardsSweety
September 3rd, 2007 at 03:21pm
GerardsSweety:
I think teenagers is about the no-understanding of what goes through teenagers heads. For example, i heard that gerard way was said to have tried suicide and i cried so hard i was ill for a whie. My mum said "its just a band" .But i love them so much! Crying or Very sad
Angel of the Lord
Killjoy
Angel of the Lord
September 5th, 2007 at 01:54am
GerardsSweety:
GerardsSweety:
Gosh! I didn't know he tried suicide! that's sad to think about. but yeah, sometimes it feels like no one understands us, so i can see why the song would be talking about the no understanding of teens.
astro_zombies13
Killjoy
astro_zombies13
September 8th, 2007 at 08:49pm
Gerard thinks that all teenagers scare the livin' s#*t outta him. Ha Ha
firefly
Killjoy
firefly
September 15th, 2007 at 07:58pm
I think that Gerard was expressing his feelings about being 'old', in the song TEENAGERS.
But, I can also see how the song expresses his own fears about what's going on in high schools all over the U.S.
Actually, I think it's a pretty cool song. Gerard you rule! Dance
finnbandnerd
Killjoy
finnbandnerd
September 15th, 2007 at 10:35pm
gerard is trying to say how shitty his life was in high school and how he would probably have liked to shoot all those that did...and that they did such brutal things to him and others that they only cared if someone was permanently hurt..... Crying or Very sad
finnbandnerd
Killjoy
finnbandnerd
September 15th, 2007 at 10:35pm
oops...i meant those that made fun of him
blayde876
Killjoy
blayde876
September 16th, 2007 at 09:12pm
teenagers is basically about teenagers and like gerard say it really scares adults
My Chemical Living.
Motor Baby
My Chemical Living.
September 16th, 2007 at 10:54pm
I think the song is about high school and outcasts and how id you are and outcast it sucks and how it effects you forever, another reason for the song is it is about gun violence Neutral
The Creature
In The Murder Scene
The Creature
September 27th, 2007 at 03:15am
Gerard said in the Making of Teenagers,that the song is about how Teenagers scare him.Now,there is no word other than Teenagers,that scares grown-ups.
Complication
Fabulous Killjoy
Complication
September 27th, 2007 at 07:12pm
It's about the brutal mentality of teenagers that as long as someone is hurt, everything can be okay, but you're anger will make them pay one day.
Halifax.
Shotgun Sinner
Halifax.
September 29th, 2007 at 04:16am
i think this song means what teenagers are like....they scare the living s out of gerard?? hmm, anyway, this is still my favorite from tbp!
Diana_a7x
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Diana_a7x
September 30th, 2007 at 04:21pm
I think the song means, WELL IN MY OPINION, he's singing about teenagers(us) getting brainwashed by their parents? lol weird. i like the song though
My Chemical Music
Killjoy
My Chemical Music
October 4th, 2007 at 06:54am
Isn't Teenagers about violence and to stop it?
lil_Mizz_Vampiera
Killjoy
lil_Mizz_Vampiera
October 6th, 2007 at 05:22pm
i have seen an interview with Gerard and he said it's about people thinking teenagers are bad and violent ,and thats is not true,and the reason they wrote it is that most if not all of there fans are teen and they thingk is not right that we get discrimated.
daneeissxc.
Jazz Hands
daneeissxc.
October 7th, 2007 at 03:56am
I watched an interview couple weeks back and Gerard said it was about gun violence and fighting that happens between teenagers, especially boys. Hope that cleared things up. Gerard's still hot, yo. =D
Liek teh lulz!
Salute You in Your Grave
Liek teh lulz!
October 7th, 2007 at 12:43pm
This song is not like any other of their songs, that has a deep meaning. The meaning is on the lyrics. It's all about TEENAGERS, and wha they are like now. THEFLASH is right about the personality thingy.

Well, everyone have a different interpretation to songs, it's maybe coz of their, experience, their attitude, or how their mental interpretation interpretate. <-I think it's kinda nonsense.
Mychemicalromance5
Killjoy
Mychemicalromance5
October 14th, 2007 at 06:53pm
Attack.Kill.Bury.:
I think the song also refers to "Emo's" because "Darken your clothes and strike a violent pose" it kinda refers also to how much Teenagers have changed because Gerard sings "Teenager's scare the living shit outta me"

Emo isn't a lifestyle.
It's a type of music.