Don't have an account? Create one!

Teenagers

AuthorMessage
ThrashMetalAngel
Killjoy
ThrashMetalAngel
October 15th, 2007 at 02:34pm
teenagers is bout high school bullin ..cos he said it on the makin of,.

solved Clap
simpleromance
Killjoy
simpleromance
October 31st, 2007 at 07:51am
i THINK its really about how teenagers are bullied in school, and they use drugs, and adopt new attitudes to stop being bullied but they get tired of it and then with sum guns they "will make them pay for the thing that they did",
sayaprayer
Killjoy
sayaprayer
November 2nd, 2007 at 06:44pm
i heard gerard wrote this song on a subway, because a bunch of
teenagers came in and he said for some reason he got really scared.

and yes, like everyone said, the song is about gun violence
and oviousl, teenagers.
Rain Through Me
Banned
Rain Through Me
November 4th, 2007 at 04:55am
My Opinion about Teenagers:
It's about school volience(sp?) and all the teens that got bullied and put on the edge of breaking down, all the teenagers who had a tough life and go though all the crap some of us kids go through today. Teenagers is about people who are noticed but not in a good way, they're labeled, they're used, and they're broken.

that's just my opinion about the meaning of the song
xxMychemGal4evaxx
Killjoy
xxMychemGal4evaxx
November 4th, 2007 at 06:08pm
I think this song basically refers to the challenges and hurt you have to deal wit during your teenages years but you just have to live life and ignore the ass farts be your self no matter wat!
zamiranoh
Killjoy
zamiranoh
November 8th, 2007 at 08:17pm
Oh yeah..love this song too..got it on my homepage..from my opinion..the first para goes like this; its a story on how a parent raise up his son to be an overachiever as what they want him to be..they will do anything and provide their son with everything as long they are going to be a good person in the future (They're gonna clean up your looks,With all the lies on the books,To make a citizen out of you)..But, as the time goes by, their son has growing up and in the age of rebellion, yeah..teenagers of course..so, to be safe..they even have a gun in the house as a precaution(Because they sleep with a gun)..not to kill their son of course but somehow to be feel safe...And like every parent..they like to nosey although their son is quite big enough to think by his own what is bad or good for him. But still..lack of trust..ehmm...(And keep an eye on you son
So they can watch all the things you do)

Continue to second para; However, with all what the parent had done to the son like keeping him away from notsogoodfriend, he cannot do this..cannot do that..and as a final resort, he took some sort of drug to skip away from his miserable life..but then, he admitted to hospital because of the overdose (Because the drugs never work).well, what can we say here is that his parent keep on telling their son, his actions is a stupid and he should better listen to what his parent had told him to do..(They're gonna give you a smirk,Cause they got methods,Of keeping you clean,) As a result, the son became more depressed than before..because of lack of support from his parent. He feel very useless and its make him to start a rebellion (They're gonna rip off your heads,Your aspirations to shreds,Another cog in the murder machine)

So as for the last para; its continuing the story of the son..since he is in some sort of private school...-since his parent has so much high hope on him to get better education..he faced many troubles to fit in because of his mix personality..lots of clique in the school with very weird name they used just to showing off that they are a better clique than others (The boys and girls in the clique,the awful names that they stick) which had made him feel been kept in a wrong place (You're never gonna fit in much kid). But he had found a better way to solve the problem...when the cliques try to bully him or make him feel bad...(But if you're troubled and hurt) he had a hidden short sharp knife or gun inside his shirt or pocket to protect him (What you got under your shirt) so..it will be a lesson for the cliques not to interfere with his life (Will make them pay for the things that they did)

As in the chorus part; They and me are referring to the adult or elders where they believe the rebellion teens are dangerous where its sometimes make them scare to even mingle with them (They said all teenagers scare the living shit out of me) because they cannot even predict what an action will trigger the teenagers madness because seem like the teenagers enjoy to get in a fight (They could care less as long as someone'll bleed) As an advice from the adults or elders to a reporter (refer to you), since the reporter want to make some sort of story from the teenagers..well maybe its about the misused drugs? they advice him to be like them, and act like them..be one with them..so maybe it will help him a lot in the data collecting (So darken your clothes,Or strike a violent pose,Maybe they'll leave you alone,But not me) because the rebellion teens will never let the adults to even enter their territory.

ehmm...end of the story..but still i am not really clear what does 'they', 'you' and 'me' referring to..

that's all from my opinion..MCR's rule!!
Cut
Jazz Hands
Cut
November 10th, 2007 at 08:24pm
Teenagers I think is about the area in new jersey that they lived. Gerard even said On Life on the murder scence that his mum was scared to let him outside.
little monster.
Full of Ephedrine
little monster.
November 12th, 2007 at 10:40am
I think it's about people, grown-ups if you will, that are scared of teenagers, because there are a couple of them that do crazy things.
Gerard says on the making of it's about how people look at the band and their fans.
In the verses he sings to the teenagers about grown-ups wanting to clean up their looks and in the chorus he sings about these grown-ups being afraid of teenagers

Like Gerard said on the making of:
"The whole notion of being afraid of kids is ridiculous"
"The word teenagers actually scares grown-ups" and something about "raised in a world of fear"

tha's kinda what I got out of it
ifreakinlovegerard
Killjoy
ifreakinlovegerard
November 12th, 2007 at 05:24pm
well if any of you have seen the video the cheerleaders with gas mask and guns is a symbol that beauty kills and the rioting teens like me are ubsesed with mcr and will kill to get to them
mr.ross
Jazz Hands
mr.ross
November 15th, 2007 at 02:11am
Gerard Said that It was about teen violence and shootings. Hence, the whole teen violence thing at the end of the video... Gerard said in person it was about the teen gun violence and that scares him.... i'm probaly not right.
mrs_allie_gerard_way
Killjoy
mrs_allie_gerard_way
November 15th, 2007 at 01:26pm
chaoticxmiseryx3:
Gerard Said that It was about teen violence and shootings. Hence, the whole teen violence thing at the end of the video... Gerard said in person it was about the teen gun violence and that scares him.... i'm probaly not right.

I AGREE Clap
Arithmetic Doll
Salute You in Your Grave
Arithmetic Doll
November 16th, 2007 at 09:44am
In my opinion:
Its all about violence and teenagers
Thank You; Mr. Way
Salute You in Your Grave
Thank You; Mr. Way
November 17th, 2007 at 02:58am
I think it's about old people... never mind the name...and most of the lyrics.... its a song about the elderly.
EmoIsOkay
Killjoy
EmoIsOkay
November 22nd, 2007 at 07:20am
uhh me and my friends were thinking that it was about a group of teenager haiters come into a school and kill all the teenagers. couse the lyrics are:
"Because they sleep with a gun,
And keep an eye on you, son,
So they can watch all the things you do" and
"They said all teenagers scare the living shit out of me,
They could care less as long as someone’ll bleed.
So darken your clothes,
And strike a violent pose,
Maybe they’ll leave you alone, but not me."
You see teenagers were bright and colourfull clothing and when it says "They said all teenagers scare the living shit out of me," its the murderer saying "All teenagers scar the living shit out of me"
Seee
heavenxhelpxme
Killjoy
heavenxhelpxme
November 25th, 2007 at 01:20pm
i think its bout gun crime and teenage violence
Halifax.
Shotgun Sinner
Halifax.
December 3rd, 2007 at 10:35am
this song is about getting scared of teenies!
tattooed lovers.
Motor Baby
tattooed lovers.
December 5th, 2007 at 06:58pm
This comes from Making of The Black Parade:
"I should mention that I developed some pretty strong social anxiety while living in Queens at the time. I was completely unable to adjust to living a normal life and the neighborhood was rife with teenagers, which put me on the edge. I had started to feel old. I started to feel like I couldn't connect with anyone. riding the subway into the city, I would often find myself nervous and paranoid, especially when school left out. It was pretty comical. One day while reading the train, the subway car filled with tons of school kids, I started to have a straight up panic attack. To deal with this I hid under my notebook and just started to write lyrics..." -Gerard.

I think it is about Columbine, too. It's about teenage violence, but also about adults being frightened of teenagers, or adults feeling out of touch.
I think 'darken your clothes,' could be about someone following trends.
Jesse Lacey;
Awake and Unafraid
Jesse Lacey;
December 6th, 2007 at 07:38am
littledeath:
You can't realy have all the song meanings seperate as The Black Parade is a concept album and each song is a chapter of the story but here's a link to the whole story: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Patient that hass all songs on
sorry if I didn't catch something obvious, but are you aware that "the patient" is an episode of a soap opera and has nothing to do with The Black Parade in that article?
Jesse Lacey;
Awake and Unafraid
Jesse Lacey;
December 6th, 2007 at 07:39am
chaoticxmiseryx3:
yes, that is what I agree with Mr. Green
MCR_addict
Killjoy
MCR_addict
December 9th, 2007 at 04:55pm
yeah, the whole song is about how teenagers scare people and teen violence... good song... Very Happy i agree with you guys