Don't have an account? Create one!

Teenagers

AuthorMessage
MyChemislife994
Killjoy
MyChemislife994
December 13th, 2007 at 07:49pm
i think the part that goes "they're gonna rip up your heads, you're aspiration to shreads" means that everyone is going to try to change you and make you the way they want you.
HedleyandMCR'sangel
Killjoy
HedleyandMCR'sangel
December 13th, 2007 at 10:12pm
Mrs GeeBee Way:
hey i already did this but:
teenagers is about the teenagers that kill each other (they could care less as long as someone will bleed)
-x- thank-a! -x-

That reminds me of some people at school.....
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
December 14th, 2007 at 09:30pm
This may have already been said, but in the Limited Edition of The Black Parade booklet, Gerard wrote something like he was on a train in NY and all of a sudden all of these school kids piled onto the train and he almost had an anxiety attack or something... and I think it was kind of linked with this song... I'll have to go back and read it hehe.

But I think, as others have said, it's also about teen violence in schools etc.
Radio Saturday
Salute You in Your Grave
Radio Saturday
December 15th, 2007 at 03:09am
This song always reminds me of "A Clockwork Orange," with all the themes of mindless violence, pissed off kids, cleaning up your looks... Laughing

That might have been said already, but I thought I'd put it in anyway.
xhowcanyouresist
Killjoy
xhowcanyouresist
December 19th, 2007 at 11:54pm
okay, i agree with a lot of what you say, but i also think it sort of relates to gerard's teenage years, also. i didn't read every single post so i'm not quite sure if this is already said, but you can see it in some of the lyrics.
"Because the drugs never work" [not quite teens but he had that problem for a while]

"The boys and girls in the clique
The awful names that they stick
You're never gonna fit in much, kid
But if you're troubled and hurt" [he said he was the loner kid in highschool who would drink by himself]
demolitionlvr22
Killjoy
demolitionlvr22
January 6th, 2008 at 01:18am
this is the most straightforward song on TBP.

teenagers. violence. guns.

BAAM!

the end. Smile
demolitionlvr22
Killjoy
demolitionlvr22
January 6th, 2008 at 01:19am
whoopsies! i also wanted to refer to how the teenagers have changed sooo much over the years and whatnot. ughhh i had a wholeeee interpretation setup for you guys and now i forgot. Sad
chemicalsatthedisco
Jazz Hands
chemicalsatthedisco
January 7th, 2008 at 06:01pm
its totally about how bad guns (they dont care as long as someonell bleed), drug usage, and just having those bad feelings that make u wanna u blow up the song. its a really good song cus everyone can relate, i mean weve all thought about blowing the school up. almost all of us would never do it but i mean we do. its a pretty normal feeling. even if its in a joking manner, its still a thought. so yeh thats what i think. dont blow up the school. jsyk its not cool.
griselda2011
Killjoy
griselda2011
January 8th, 2008 at 11:50pm
ok, its about everything, its about gun violance, its about teens getting guns and going to school to shoot the heads off of people who hurt them!!!

but its mostly about teenagers too, it talks about teens basicly, and anyone can relate to this song.
mcr14
Killjoy
mcr14
January 9th, 2008 at 12:48am
He is talking about his fans "maby they'll leave you alone but not me".
ForkInToaster
Killjoy
ForkInToaster
January 9th, 2008 at 08:19pm
I think it's about how Gerard thinks "emo" isn't the same as it used to be 'cause when he "was a teenager it was about the music not just a haircut", the stuff in quotes was something he said, I SAW IT ON YOUTUBE! and in the song he says "the boys and girls in the clique the awful names that they stick" like emo. soooooo YEA! OH! and the chorus says "darken your clothes" which now all emo really is.
jared leto.
Awake and Unafraid
jared leto.
January 23rd, 2008 at 05:29pm
its about how teenagers label each other and lower each others self esteem and eventually get into gun violence/commit sucide
Lounge Fly
Bleeding on the Floor
Lounge Fly
February 1st, 2008 at 05:38am
There's one thing I don't get about this song:
How the hell does it fit into the concept of the album and the story of The Patient?
Gerardus
Killjoy
Gerardus
February 6th, 2008 at 04:37pm
I take this song a bit differently. I think (and this is my opinion) that this song portrays the image that we as teenagers cast upon adults. Even the word TEENAGERS is intimadating to some adults. It proves that it is ridiculous to be affraid of kids. Not all teenagers are like that...and i think that is why the song was writen.
xxfrerardxloverxx
Killjoy
xxfrerardxloverxx
February 22nd, 2008 at 04:18pm
For some reason, the what you got under your shirt gives me a sense like what you did to yourself that youre hiding under your shirt. Like you're cutting and youll make them pay for making you do so. SMARTTT?? =] and Very Happy
gerard4
Killjoy
gerard4
February 23rd, 2008 at 10:37am
Gerard say that it was abut violence and drugs in schools
Crimsonwing
Killjoy
Crimsonwing
February 26th, 2008 at 05:02pm
I've thought over this and though I'm unsure if it was mentioned, I think this song has multiple meanings.

For a start, I believe its about the steryotypical teenager to adults. In a way, it also insults adults too, 'Teenagers scare the living shit outta me' seems somewhat low. But anyway, aside from that, the song talks about what some teenagers like to keep up as their outer view, but also perhaps speaks that Teenagers will rebel.

I think I'm loosing my direct train of thought here, and ambling into something that isn't what I mean. The song shows sensitivity and is known by quite a few of what I consider the 'lesser' generation of teens. Which is, specifically, chavs that think that cause the song is 'hip' so they have to know it. Thats not what the question is, but I'm saying it anyway.

Other than that, I think Tickle Me Sara had it right on the first page, I've not read all the others, but I've been staring at that reply, due to that its all I can see whilst writing this ;D.
ladyofsorrows316
Killjoy
ladyofsorrows316
February 26th, 2008 at 10:30pm
This song is about teenagers as a stereotype; and how most adults are afraid to reach out and talk to teenagers. And when it gets to that point, teenagers may resort to gun violence. Gerard has been quoted saying that the song is about gun violence, and how teenagers scare him for reasons he couldn't distinguish.
To The End;
Salute You in Your Grave
To The End;
February 28th, 2008 at 06:27pm
yeah, isn't this song basically just about crazy teenagers? haha.
GraveShiftSuz
Killjoy
GraveShiftSuz
February 28th, 2008 at 09:23pm
Haha then i guess this song would be about me xxToTheEndxx XD because I've a pretty crazy teenager