Don't have an account? Create one!

Teenagers

AuthorMessage
Jenny
Killjoy
Jenny
February 29th, 2008 at 06:02am
I still dont know what does"maybe they'll leave you alone but not me" means..
maybe i'm too stupid.
Random_Name1
Killjoy
Random_Name1
March 2nd, 2008 at 01:53pm
"maybe they'll leave you alone but not me"

Means that you can change your look and the parrents and people will leave you alone, but MCR will not.
Holly Way
Jazz Hands
Holly Way
March 2nd, 2008 at 10:23pm
ConverseGirl:
It kind of reminds me of the song Jeremy by Pearl Jam. I was thinking that maybe it's about a kid that commits suicide or dies in a shooting and The Patient meets him in the after life. I also agree with the gun violence thing.

Yep i agree

totally reminded me of Jeremy
ReyXGoesXRawrX
Killjoy
ReyXGoesXRawrX
March 6th, 2008 at 11:33am
Teenagers is simply about society today. How teenagers create so much violence over things that can be solved so easily. Gun use, drug abuse, alcohol abuse. Everything that can make a teenager scary.
Switchblade Saint
Salute You in Your Grave
Switchblade Saint
March 10th, 2008 at 11:28pm
Hmm.

from what i've read -- 1) gerard's explanation abt the gun violence and 2) teen angst & being bullied (by teahcers or other students), i kind of surmise it might also be abt both. abt pressure @ school & being misunderstood & not hvg an outlet, ultimately leading to taking out a gun & shooting people. how al that inner turmoil finally makes someone snap and bring out the bullets. it happens.
laurie
Killjoy
laurie
March 12th, 2008 at 01:50pm
but it says 'they said all teenagers scare...'

they. so it refers to someone else who looks at them. I think it means that teenagers scare adults because they are so reckless and let's face it, forsaken.
I believe it has to do with guns, drug abuse, all the shit that teenagers go through because of the way adults have 'created' this world.
I think it has a lot to do with saying FUCK YOU to the system but also realizing that it's fucking up our little kids during the process.
Switchblade Saint
Salute You in Your Grave
Switchblade Saint
March 13th, 2008 at 02:18am
Heh. And u know what's really 'creepy' in a way? That this song is so damned catchy, pop-like almost, & u can do this happy headbang to it (& ur mom too)....but when u look btwn the lines it is also potentially, shockingly dark.

before reading this thread i actually never thought of the "what u got under ur shirt will make them pay" part as being abt firearm violence. i assumed 'under ur shirt' was simply a metaphor for whats under ur skin, whats in ur mind.

could be both, i suppose.

Suddenly i dont feel like doing a happy headbang anymore. ..... o_O
Hellia
Killjoy
Hellia
March 16th, 2008 at 09:59am
I like this song very much. If my parents have some problems with me or my brother I always said: So darken your clothes or strike a violent pose... So this song helps me a lot.
emokay7
Killjoy
emokay7
April 2nd, 2008 at 01:26pm
This song, I believe, is an MCR anthem made for and to the troubled teens of the worlds. I think they're are just trying to say that they know what it's like to be a confused, sometimes unpopular, and angry teen. When the song says "They could care less, as long as someone'll bleed" isn't a statement saying that teens are crazy, but A teen's emotions can somethimes make them feel that way. We aren't serial killers, we're just upset!!
XxHeavenxHelpxX
Killjoy
XxHeavenxHelpxX
April 3rd, 2008 at 01:22pm
dude
teenagers is about older people being afraid of them and
Gee telling them to carry a gun and kinda say
"heres something to be afraid about"
thesharpestminds
Killjoy
thesharpestminds
April 3rd, 2008 at 02:52pm
i don't think Gerard is telling teenagers to be violent.

I think this song is about how much adults dont' understand about teenagers these days and they just think we're crazy and they leave us alone, but MCR wont. ITt's talking about why some teens do rash and violent things and why we dress in black...yadayadayada. It's not that complicated.
vampirefreak4
Killjoy
vampirefreak4
April 3rd, 2008 at 08:16pm
like this is the best song EVER!! I think it is about how all teenagers r INSANE!!!!!!!! lol
TheInstantClassic46
Killjoy
TheInstantClassic46
April 22nd, 2008 at 01:16pm
it's about teenagers shooting eachother gerard said it many times in interviews
Ferardz_and_Skittlez
Fabulous Killjoy
Ferardz_and_Skittlez
April 28th, 2008 at 12:21pm
this song is basicly about teen violence and what teenagers do to eachother
xxjaimiexx
Killjoy
xxjaimiexx
April 30th, 2008 at 11:28am
teenagers is about... i think the facts of peer pressure.
it shows that no matter how hard you try odds are you will never fit in.
vengeance university
Shotgun Sinner
vengeance university
April 30th, 2008 at 04:30pm
I think this song was Gerard's way of expressing how teenagers used to scare him when he was living in New York.
And with the video included, I think MCR are making fun of the stereotype that all of their fans are supposedly in a cult and how all teenagers are violent.
STFUvanner_x
Killjoy
STFUvanner_x
May 3rd, 2008 at 11:14am
since it does talk about teen violence, they are singing about violence teens are getting into, when it shows the advertisement after the video. and of course teens are usually involved in bullying,fights,etc at points. not only do they make the vid funny, they want to help stop the violence between teens.
Gerard Way Jr
Killjoy
Gerard Way Jr
May 3rd, 2008 at 06:27pm
I think "Teenagers" is about teenagers in general: rebellious, violent, etc. I don't think it's literally referring to killing people ("...someone will bleed"Wink, and it's a bit like "I'm Not Okay" in the sense that teenagers pick on and ridicule those deemed unworthy of them. Also, it could refer to literal violence, as someone else said.

GWJ
Bunny Marie Way
Fabulous Killjoy
Bunny Marie Way
May 4th, 2008 at 05:55am
i use to think this song was about America..

"teenagers scare the living shit out of me" i use to think that teenagers stood for America...lol...
My1CHEMICAL5ROMANCE8
Killjoy
My1CHEMICAL5ROMANCE8
May 4th, 2008 at 09:12am
Teenagers, oh my goddness! "Teenagers scare the livin' ____ out of me"
Oviously the band members are scared of teenagers!