Don't have an account? Create one!

Teenagers

AuthorMessage
xxhangxemxhigh
Killjoy
xxhangxemxhigh
May 6th, 2008 at 07:39pm
Jenny:
I still dont know what does"maybe they'll leave you alone but not me" means..
maybe i'm too stupid.

I've always thought it meant that that's what Gerard did as a teen, but it didn't change anything. But i don't know.
Domenic
Killjoy
Domenic
May 10th, 2008 at 03:59pm
Here's how I look at it...

I'd like to believe that all songs can mean a lot of things, and I do, but I see this song as something personal for me because tons of shit happened to me.

To me the song explains the life of teenagers, how evil they are and how they follow (cliques) others. My life got completely fucked up because of these kids in elementary school, I would of forgave them if they changed because it's just silly to keep a grudge from elementary school, but they became worse, so yeah.
Kiss..Bang..Dead
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Kiss..Bang..Dead
June 2nd, 2008 at 02:00am
Gerard Wrote Teenagers to show how he would be riding the subway and he would see teenagers and he was afraid of them until he figured out that they were listening to his music. I saw this on his blog he was telling about it...I Love MCR!!!!!!!!
SonOfAres
Killjoy
SonOfAres
June 3rd, 2008 at 05:26am
i get a hole diffrent message to me he is speaking as a parent and is saying "They’re gonna clean up your looks,
With all the lies in the books,
To make a citizen out of you" ur parent's are trying to lie to you and get u to change and be resectable "Because they sleep with a gun,
And keep an eye on you, son,
So they can watch all the things you do" and ur parent's sleep with a gun becus they feel unsaif being in a house with a teenage kid and watch all the crap u do they keep ther eye's on u "Because the drugs never work,
They’re gonna give you a smirk,
Cause they’ve got methods to keep you clean." and ur drug's or pill's that u use to try suicide never work's and when u get back ther gonna give u a smirk becus they did something with the drugs "They’re gonna rip up your heads,
Your aspirations to shreds,
Another cog in the murder machine" theyre gonna take away everything u are to make u what they want u and to be respectable but it just fuel's ur anger "They said all teenagers scare the living shit out of me,
They could care less as long as someone’ll bleed.
So darken your clothes,
And strike a violent pose,
Maybe they’ll leave you alone, but not me" and then he goes and kills his parents and other people say ther dead they wont be messing with you but i will "The boys and girls in the clique
The awful names that they stick
You’re never gonna fit in much, kid" and the people in the clique make fun of u and call u names and ur never going to be left alone "But if you’re troubled and hurt,
What you got under your shirt,
Will make them pay for the things that they did" and then one day he gets pissed they do it and he pull's out a pistol and shoots them "They said all teenagers scare the living shit out of me,
They could care less as long as someone’ll bleed.
So darken your clothes,
And strike a violent pose,
Maybe they’ll leave you alone, but not me" and then other peopleick on him and so on and so on
Nikisaurus;
Killjoy
Nikisaurus;
June 3rd, 2008 at 02:03pm
o_0
ThexVampiresxKiss
Killjoy
ThexVampiresxKiss
June 5th, 2008 at 08:21pm
I think the song is about violence in teenagers. We are so much more fragile than adults in many ways.

But I don't think its just about guns. It's about how much kida have changed since old times. So many more kids that are 'emo' and different, and alot of people just don't accept that, and they hate us for it.
cold limbs
Killjoy
cold limbs
June 18th, 2008 at 07:31pm
I think they're talking about how teenagers are very hateful and kill manympeople now a days. Parents i'm sure are scared of us.
gerardwaylovee
Killjoy
gerardwaylovee
June 23rd, 2008 at 12:22am
umm i think its juust about teenage violenceee and how we need to stop itt and stufff:]
mcr.theusedfan0717
Killjoy
mcr.theusedfan0717
June 24th, 2008 at 12:03am
my chemical romance.:
scissorglamour:
NONONONO.

im watching them on much music right now.

Gerard said Teenagers is about gun violence.

SOLVED.

She's right.. Gerard said Teenager's is about gun violence in teens and shit.

I thought it was about a kid taking out years of bullying on the students. Like a shooting.
"What you got under your shirt
Will make them pay for the things that they did."

It's pretty straightforward.

it is about teen violence and everything, but also its about how teenagers think that they have no where to turn to but violence also gerard stated that the line "what you got under your shirt will make them pay for all the things they did" was about how gerard was obese when he was in high school
WEALLGOTOHELL-Ox
Killjoy
WEALLGOTOHELL-Ox
June 24th, 2008 at 09:15am
2 tru dood Dance Crying or Very sad Clap Bye Mr. Green
Kitty Clover
Jazz Hands
Kitty Clover
July 3rd, 2008 at 11:37pm
mcr.theusedfan0717:
my chemical romance.:
scissorglamour:
NONONONO.

im watching them on much music right now.

Gerard said Teenagers is about gun violence.

SOLVED.

She's right.. Gerard said Teenager's is about gun violence in teens and shit.

I thought it was about a kid taking out years of bullying on the students. Like a shooting.
"What you got under your shirt
Will make them pay for the things that they did."

It's pretty straightforward.

it is about teen violence and everything, but also its about how teenagers think that they have no where to turn to but violence also gerard stated that the line "what you got under your shirt will make them pay for all the things they did" was about how gerard was obese when he was in high school

I agree with a lot of what you said but I believe that "what you got under your shirt will make them pay for the things that they did" refers to a gun and how teenagers bring guns to school because they think that's the answer to their problems or something.
lovemomusicbaby
Killjoy
lovemomusicbaby
July 22nd, 2008 at 06:06am
One of my ex-friends [yes, i've got lots of ex-friends!] told me that gerard was scarde of teenagers... or something?
But that's probally alot of BS!

But, i think it's like atack of the teenagers, people wanting to tern people into these cliques or something.

I'm not Intierly [sp?] sure about it... just wondering if one of them are right?!?!
nevergetmealive
Joining The Black Parade
nevergetmealive
July 22nd, 2008 at 06:50am
i saw an interview somewhere and gerard said it was abot how some adults are scared of teenagers and how ridiculous it is to be scared of them
xFLYINGxMCRxSOULx
Killjoy
xFLYINGxMCRxSOULx
August 2nd, 2008 at 08:38pm
i think it's about how crazy the saying, " Teenagers scare the living shit out of me" is. Because if you think about it we are crazy people but to think that a child is crazy just make's you crazy...
temptation.
Shotgun Sinner
temptation.
August 3rd, 2008 at 07:27am
I read in a magazine that Teenagers is about violence in school.But it seems like I have wrong information.
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
August 3rd, 2008 at 10:47pm
Pretty Black Sky:
I read in a magazine that Teenagers is about violence in school.But it seems like I have wrong information.

Apparently Gerard said it was about gun violence. The song means whatever you want it to mean.
Paint It Black
Bulletproof Heart
Paint It Black
August 4th, 2008 at 01:35pm
lovemomusicbaby:
One of my ex-friends [yes, i've got lots of ex-friends!] told me that gerard was scarde of teenagers... or something?
But that's probally alot of BS!

If you have read the booklet that came along with the special edition of The Black Parade then you'll know all about where this thing came from.
temptation.
Shotgun Sinner
temptation.
August 4th, 2008 at 03:57pm
Eponine:
Pretty Black Sky:

Apparently Gerard said it was about gun violence. The song means whatever you want it to mean.

Well,actually,I never thought about the meaning of Teenagers.
valiumobsequy
Awake and Unafraid
valiumobsequy
August 6th, 2008 at 08:31pm
i think this song is about crazed fans who are after gee and he is talking about the experience(who wouldn't chase him uhh...)
Elmo Heart
Killjoy
Elmo Heart
August 13th, 2008 at 07:42am
Gerard wrote it on a train in New York when there were some teens just going crazy and pulling chairs about. Gerard even said he considered that he may be "so out of touch" with teens.

In sync with the concept of the black parade, the patient is reviewing his life and may have been a troubled punk-ish teen.

One version of the Teenager music video ends with help-lines for troubled teens, suggesting Gerard's experience with the teens on the train drove him to concern