Don't have an account? Create one!

Teenagers

AuthorMessage
Total Phreek
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Total Phreek
December 21st, 2006 at 04:11pm
lol, i am listening to the song right now...
i think it is about the troubles teenagers have and the fights that go between them
paint.it.black.
Killjoy
paint.it.black.
December 21st, 2006 at 08:04pm
teenagers dont give a shit... if ur pissed kill all those fucking bastards with the gun youve got hidden under ur shirt.
paint.it.black.
Killjoy
paint.it.black.
December 21st, 2006 at 08:04pm
mamaweallgotohell:
teenagers dont give a shit... if ur pissed kill all those fucking bastards with the gun youve got hidden under ur shirt.
Twisted Evil
mymikeyromance
Killjoy
mymikeyromance
December 26th, 2006 at 08:20am
i think the song pretty much talks about teens beating up other teens that don't fit in.
and i think Mr. Way knows a lot about that.
silverrain
Thinking Happy Thoughts
silverrain
December 26th, 2006 at 12:25pm
NorWay:
"what you got under your shirt, will make them pay for the things that they did"

Ive wondered how many diffrent things or meanings that sentence can have..

What do YOU think it means?
( a gun?)

yep possibly a gun.

I don't know, I wouldn't say the song is a justification for extreme teenage violence as it happened e.g. in Columbine, but it offers an understandable explanation how social outsiders or just people who don't fit in can be driven so far to the edge that at one point they turn all the despair, self-hatred and self-doubt into one final destructive act against all those who have been ignoring, ridiculing or ostracising them.
Helena'sGhOsT
Jazz Hands
Helena'sGhOsT
December 29th, 2006 at 08:45am
i think its about how the popular kids pick on the different kid so much he cant take it anymore.
im sure every one feels this way i kno i do!
silverrain
Thinking Happy Thoughts
silverrain
December 29th, 2006 at 09:52am
^^
well I think that expresses it clear and shortly Smile
MCR-is-saving-mylife
Killjoy
MCR-is-saving-mylife
December 29th, 2006 at 10:19am
teenagers is about violence with teens. they always get into fights, some bring weapons to school and hurt people, and they couldnt care less if someone did bleed.
Bert McCookies
Fabulous Killjoy
Bert McCookies
December 29th, 2006 at 10:43pm
its like other peoples said this kid didnt fit in and people made fun of him and then one day he got really pissed and decided to shoot them all
i guess he was a happy kid
xXXxChemicalxXXXx
Killjoy
xXXxChemicalxXXXx
December 30th, 2006 at 12:46pm
I think its about teenage violence, and the stupid things some teens do.
Icy_Blues--x
Killjoy
Icy_Blues--x
December 31st, 2006 at 05:44am
I heard that:
Gerard was worried that teenagers may not be able to relate to this record, so he wrote a song bout teendagers- simple! That's basically what it said in Kerrang! but i think that couldactually be the real 'explanation'.

I also think it could MAYBE (with a capital M) be about his teenage years?!? It's a long shot but Maybe....?
Icy_Blues--x
Killjoy
Icy_Blues--x
December 31st, 2006 at 05:45am
broken.beaten.damned:
its like other peoples said this kid didnt fit in and people made fun of him and then one day he got really pissed and decided to shoot them all

I found this funny. Yes..some happpy kid! sorry. *blushes* Very Happy
Belle_Muerte
Jazz Hands
Belle_Muerte
December 31st, 2006 at 06:11am
Cassy;ohso_intricate:
one thing that got me with this song was the line
"maybe they'll leave you alone but not me"
is that as in Gerard wont leave 'you' alone
or the teenagers wont leave Gerard alone

this was the dilemma i had actually! I understood that he was talking about violent teens, but the band have also said that it was a way for them to communicate with their fans and say things that they often said at gigs. I like to think that it's Gerard and the crew (hee hee hee) saying that even if society and everyone else reject teens that are hurting and angry and intimidating, he won't leave them alone. I mean, it's an agressive song, but the message seems pretty positive. Sometimes teens seem to want to push everyone away, but he's saying that he'll still be there.

Or no?

xxxxxx
suffocate!
Motor Baby
suffocate!
December 31st, 2006 at 06:38am
broken.beaten.damned:

Yeah I think that's true- it just makes sense cos i suppose Gerard could kinda relate to that ( apart from shooting everyone lol) Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil
XpoizonXkissesX
Killjoy
XpoizonXkissesX
January 1st, 2007 at 02:06pm
The song talks about how some kids react to different kinds of other kids and the stupid stuff they will do, I think different kids can really realte to this song, it made me laugh because there were kids like that at my school too.
poison_beauty
Killjoy
poison_beauty
January 4th, 2007 at 06:50am
Heya Strangers,
I <3 this song, but i dont really understand what it means...<3 If someone could
be so kind as to tell me what it really, truely minds. I'd be very grateful. xx-sarahz-xx Mrs Gee-Way lol
poison_beauty
Killjoy
poison_beauty
January 4th, 2007 at 06:54am
I really hope that Gerrard and the Guys really live up to what they're saying because thousands of depressed and broken kids follow them and believe that they never leave them, They saved me!
my.life_my.krap
Killjoy
my.life_my.krap
January 4th, 2007 at 11:43pm
i think mcr were tryin to reach out to their teenage audience cause most teenagers feel as though they don't fit in or how they pretend to not feel anything and block out all the pain...or it's about how society has changed and teenagers nowadays are alot more emotional and anti social than our parents generation...maybe?? Rolling Eyes
Plasmatic.
Bleeding on the Floor
Plasmatic.
January 5th, 2007 at 05:16am
yeah, i some how think it is about gun violence.
espeically with the part "but if your troubled & hurt, what u got under your shirt, will make them pay for the things that they did.."
it's kinda like the people have a gun or whatever under their shirt.
lol. not really explaining that good but yeah lol.
Cheap Champagne
Motor Baby
Cheap Champagne
January 5th, 2007 at 07:34am
it's all about teen-violence, I think