Don't have an account? Create one!

Teenagers

AuthorMessage
nastychick101
Killjoy
nastychick101
January 5th, 2007 at 12:32pm
well teenagers is about kids who kill each other
just to see blood and they could give too shit's about what people say to them or about them Vampire Vampire
nastychick101
Killjoy
nastychick101
January 5th, 2007 at 12:32pm
I love MCR
my.life_my.krap
Killjoy
my.life_my.krap
January 5th, 2007 at 04:57pm
the sentence "what youve got under your shirt will make them pay for what they did" might not relate directly to a gun...it could just mean anything in general and that the teenager/s will get revenge?? Surprised
porcelinajune
Bleeding on the Floor
porcelinajune
January 6th, 2007 at 03:28am
mkl224:
One part of this song realy speaks to me

So darken your clothes,
And strike a violent pose,
Maybe they’ll leave you alone, but not me.

To me this means you can go ahead and be part of the crowd, and loose yourself, but i never will. Its kind of like he is saying its okay to be you, and if people hate you for it screw them.

Wow. props to you. I had been pondering that one for a while and I think you hit the nail on the coffin with that one.

I was also thinking that maybe it meant that some kids hide behind the dark clothes and the violent demeanor so that people would purposely be scared of them and leave them alone but that it would take a lot more than that to scare Gerard away. But i like the above explanation better.

Hands down the overall theme of the song is about teenage violence esp. gun violence but as usual with MCR songs there are so many other things going on here. However, I think he is also stating that teens use more than just weapons to create violence i.e. words. sometimes words can be just as violent and damaging as physical violence.

Hmmm. . . i am still having trouble with first couple of verses though. "They’re gonna clean up your looks
With all the lies and the books
To make a citizen out of you "

I think these affect me more than anything else in the song. it is definately about conformity but who is causing the conforming . . . society as a whole, parents, doctors, college, the military, medication, the government???? lol i guess it's the librarian coming out in me and books being referred to in this sentence makes me ponder. but then again i had thought it was "lies in the books" esp since we all know how textbooks are extremely edited and one-sided. okay . . . i am starting to ramble.

As for Gerard getting feeling old and not feeling like he can relate to teenagers anymore, I can kind of understand where he is coming from since I am close to his age. You get so caught up on the adult bs that you do lose site of what it's like to be a teen and things are some what different today i think. i.e. the internet (i know the internet was around back then but nobody really used that i knew of)and being post 9/11. it is a very tramautic experience to start feeling old and disconnected from your teenage self.
imeanthis_4ever
Killjoy
imeanthis_4ever
January 7th, 2007 at 12:41am
i agree with everyone who says this song is about teen/gun violence and how teens have become so corrupt now. i mean, teenagers scare the shit out of me too, and i'm a teenager.

i'm just wondering, does this have anything to do with the Patient's story? i'm not really getting how it connects to the album as a whole..
OurLadyofSorrows4977
Killjoy
OurLadyofSorrows4977
January 7th, 2007 at 04:40pm
This may have already been said, but I think that Teenagers is about parents-adults afraid the teenagers are going to kill them or each other, so they are either trying to be like them or they are hiding in corners like little emos and freaking out.

(I have nothing aginst emos...I have many emo friends.) No
OurLadyofSorrows4977
Killjoy
OurLadyofSorrows4977
January 7th, 2007 at 04:45pm
Seriously I do and that no head thing is NOT suppose to be there
Jack's broken heart
Awake and Unafraid
Jack's broken heart
January 7th, 2007 at 06:11pm
Hmm...I know Gerard said it is about gun violence amongst teens or whatever, but it give me a totally different feeling. It probably depends on who's hearing right?
Anyway, for me it is a song full of hope. That someone is being bullied(refering to the second verse) but that they will get their revenge. That's what the song means to me anyway, but I'm usually way off xP
The song rocks anyway!
one less sad robot.
Demolition Lover
one less sad robot.
January 8th, 2007 at 11:27am
getting revenge. hope i get my revenge sometimeVery Happy
but this is goo-oodVery Happy
im not broken!
Killjoy
im not broken!
January 8th, 2007 at 11:55am
i think cancer is about guns and shit.......the ppl who said the same im on ur side
LET ME GET MY HANDS AROUND YOUR THROAT!
Mr.Armstrong
Awake and Unafraid
Mr.Armstrong
January 8th, 2007 at 06:29pm
imeanthis_4ever:
i agree with everyone who says this song is about teen/gun violence and how teens have become so corrupt now. i mean, teenagers scare the shit out of me too, and i'm a teenager.

i'm just wondering, does this have anything to do with the Patient's story? i'm not really getting how it connects to the album as a whole..

LOL!! yeah i am too that means i scare my self(just kidding)!!!
but that song is telling the truth Clap
givingupismyoption
Joining The Black Parade
givingupismyoption
January 8th, 2007 at 09:05pm
Look I read this forum becuase I was bored! I decided to post something on this matter! Gerard Way stated during and interview on aol music that there are many ways to interpret the meaning of the art on the Black Parade! I think he is right! I think we should interpret the lyrics and art on our own! I interpreted the lines "But if your troubled and hurt, What you got under your shirt, Will make them pay for the things that they did" (sorry if I didnt get the line exactly right) but not only I interpreted that line to mean revenge but to the thing under the shirt could be a heart as well! I mean Im sure no one probably interpreted to mean a heart but we all interpret songs diffrently you know!
ppl
Killjoy
ppl
January 14th, 2007 at 07:20pm
this song is probebly abuot how bad teens usually act and the ppl who try to make teens act better
The Rumor
Awake and Unafraid
The Rumor
January 15th, 2007 at 09:24am
in the black parade's story gerard said it was a mildly off topic song about the teenagers in the parade who had committed suicide.

in the black parade special edition book (i think that was where i read about it) gerard spoke about how he'd get the subway when it was the end of the school day and it would be filled with teenagers on their way home. he told about how they scared him and how he was trying to adjust to getting older, and finding it hard. so i always related this song to those things.
i hadnt heard about the teenage violence thing that gerard said before now.
HopelessReject
Jazz Hands
HopelessReject
January 16th, 2007 at 07:17pm
When i first heard this song... it explained my school!!!!
"The boys and the girls in the clique, the awful names that they stick..."
I've got 4 and a half more years of that hell!!!!!
Okay.. I really need some anger management.
"what you've got under your shirt will make them pay for the things that they did"
By that MCR means a gun. And honestly, right now it's dangerous to let me near a gun. And somehow people still manage to think that I'm sweet and innocent!!!

I think that this is the most meaningful song on the album
Electric Warrior
Jazz Hands
Electric Warrior
January 18th, 2007 at 10:31am
I think it's about, if they reject you (people in your school or whoever) you might as well play on, and 'darken your clothes and strike a violent pose', 'the boys and girls in the cliuqe, the awful names that they stick, your never gonna fit in much kid', darken your clothes might also be reffering to the Black Parade. Also about how we get brainwashed by todays society, 'with a the lies in the books, to make a citizen out of you'. 'Maybe they'll eave you alone, but not me'; even though everybody else does, he won't leave you to be alone. But relly, I have no idea.xD
Oxycontin Genocide.
Banned
Oxycontin Genocide.
January 18th, 2007 at 04:30pm
I think it's obout teenage gun violence like columbine; basically what gerard said.
Peaceypoo.
Salute You in Your Grave
Peaceypoo.
January 19th, 2007 at 04:17pm
I Agree with "JohannaTheLost"! And not just only 'coz she's my best friend...We share brains aswell^^ Nah JK! Well I'm not really kiddin' We actually DO share brains...Uh...This message got messy...Anyway...She has a point!
gerard_rox
Killjoy
gerard_rox
January 22nd, 2007 at 07:12pm
This song could also be about the stereotypes that adults put on teenagers. They think that we are all disruptive, violent and alchoholic kids who love to scare the shit out of people. Which for some is kind of true. But we get it from the adults in the first place!!! Thats what I thought of when i first heard the song. Go mcr!!!!! Drunk
Majesticgirl14
Killjoy
Majesticgirl14
January 23rd, 2007 at 05:46pm
I don't care what the meaning is. lol
I LOVE the song!!!!!!!