Don't have an account? Create one!

Teenagers

AuthorMessage
peas and eggs
Fabulous Killjoy
peas and eggs
April 2nd, 2007 at 07:09pm
i think its about how teenagers are really violent and they like to kill and be rebellious
just a thought, dont kill me if im wrong Oops
Solitary Style.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Solitary Style.
April 4th, 2007 at 12:37am
I've been giving this some some more thought, and something occurred to me. When I used to live in a rough neighborhood, I used to goth myself out, so people would think I was dangerous, and leave me alone. Believe it or not, it worked. I would be wandering a dark street at 3 am and no one would bother me.

Maybe that's what Gerard is singing about. Teenagers scare him; they don't care about anything but themselves. "So darken your clothes, I'll strike a violent pose--maybe they'll leave you alone, but not me." Perhaps he's singing about dressing and looking threatening, so that they'll avoid him?
lostprophetfan36
Killjoy
lostprophetfan36
April 4th, 2007 at 12:21pm
teenagers is alla bout how horrible we are these days but i dont care
bex-of-mcr
Killjoy
bex-of-mcr
April 5th, 2007 at 05:56am
Twisted Evil teenagers is a song about teenagers. OBVIOUSLY. but its about what they do! it talks about drugs, and liking it when ppl bleed!
mcr_4ever
Joining The Black Parade
mcr_4ever
April 7th, 2007 at 04:34pm
Tickle Me Sara:
I know Gerard has said that Teenagers is about violence with teens.
Butfor me it goes farther than that, just simply saying how visious(sp?)
teenagers can be. Just plainly with judgements. How their are kids with "higher power" than others, that tease and taunt other people just cause they said something "lame". The drastic measures that teens will go to to hurt someone, emotionaly or physically. Also adressing the drug and violence problems with kids. And i felt it's also kind of a laugh at teens how they can just think their the shit when really teenagers are a bunch of immature idiots. Coming from an adult, Gerard, saying teens scare the shit out of him due to their.....stupidity shall I say?

And yeah I'm being a little harsh, but I am 14 and do know somewhat, what I'm saying. Those "troubled" "kids with additude" teens give the rest of us teens a bad rep. of being immature idiots. Yeah, I'm done rambling here....=X -talks too much-
it's prolly about how many teen fans my chem has and maybe how they appericate it
mcr_4ever
Joining The Black Parade
mcr_4ever
April 7th, 2007 at 04:37pm
it prolly about how teens are in their years all the crazy things they do and gerard is just saying how he wuz prolly like that too

WAY DOWN WAY DOWN WAY DOWN WAY DOWN I MISS YOU I MISS YOU
aliveordeadx3
Killjoy
aliveordeadx3
April 8th, 2007 at 08:36am
duh, someone already said this but gerard himself said that it was about gun violence. In Love this song made me rele happy for some reason...
Truth
Killjoy
Truth
April 8th, 2007 at 11:12am
It's about Teenagers that can be so intimidating, that they "scare the living SHIT Out" of you. It's a cool song, i'm pleased they are releasing it, though there are better songs on their album. Has to be the funnyest of the lot though without fail (in a good way)
Fish Camp
Jazz Hands
Fish Camp
April 10th, 2007 at 11:56am
I heard it was about how Gerard went through this quick phase of having so many teenagers come up to him and say "you saved my life!" that is started scaring him because he couldnt relate anymore. so he wrote a song about them (or us whatever you wanna call it) and the things we/they do when we/they get mad or angry or afraid or start to feel left out. like, you know, cliques, shootings (that's extreme), wearing black...
ImxNotxOkayxIxpromis
Killjoy
ImxNotxOkayxIxpromis
April 10th, 2007 at 02:27pm
since i heard teenagers i just thought it was a way to show how teenagers can be, how some times the really scare the living shit out of their parents and other people.
LifeOnStandby
Motor Baby
LifeOnStandby
April 10th, 2007 at 03:37pm
I thought it meant that teenagers may dress violently and strike poses and people will leave them alone.

No matter how Gerrad acts, dresses or poses...people will always be after him and not leave him alone. I beleive the song is actually comparing him between the teenagers today or possibly of the past.
Kayte
Killjoy
Kayte
April 10th, 2007 at 05:57pm
I got the idea that this song was about how older people judge the younger generation from their appearence and get the idea that they are all bad. Teenagers just want to have fun, i know thats what i do. I think it's like a misinterpretation of youth these days.
This song also makes me think twice about the time i have, how i shouldn't wait around for something i want to do and that i shouldnt let other people tell me what to do. I like this song because it makes me feel good and gets me hyped when i'm down, it makes me apprecitate my life more.
BethanyBRUTAL
Thinking Happy Thoughts
BethanyBRUTAL
April 12th, 2007 at 07:18am
On a interview it says that its about teenagers violence and that when he was in high school the boys were very violent to show they are masculant. thats what gerard said on the interview.
James Euringer
Bleeding on the Floor
James Euringer
April 12th, 2007 at 07:41pm
CupidsMurderscene:
On a interview it says that its about teenagers violence and that when he was in high school the boys were very violent to show they are masculant. thats what gerard said on the interview.
agree i saw it too at much music. plus um this song is my theme.
DeToxic8_MCRmy
Killjoy
DeToxic8_MCRmy
April 17th, 2007 at 05:47am
Age related Predjudice doesn't get the air play that Racism or Religious Hatred gets--Hurts as much though , Yes the common Belief is that if Your Age is 12 to 21 then You Are a dangerous Animal! Now you would think that older people who Believe this would take a minute to remember How That Felt, But No They say "i was not Like That"
Sure! Take Drugs [For Example I mean] ! -People of All ages have a Problem with Drugs but to hear the Media tell it It Is All You Teens! Twisted Evil Shocked
Operation: Shock! & Raw! (D. Pharma01).
DeToxic8_MCRmy
Killjoy
DeToxic8_MCRmy
April 17th, 2007 at 10:42am
April 17 Dawns, the Day After when we face the Grim Reality:
the School Shooting at VA Tech was the Worst EverSad Crying or Very sad
With a body Count of 3 Columbines. already They say it was a Student
[described as : Quiet, Kept to Himself, Did his HomeWork/No Appearant Political Agenda!] Crying or Very sad Yes the Patient Cries "
But if your Troubled & Hurt / What you got Under your Shirt! / Will make 'em PAY for the things that They Did! " Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad D. Pharma01 asx: <does Gerard mean to Lament or Encourage this Trend> ??
AnyBody??
James Euringer
Bleeding on the Floor
James Euringer
April 17th, 2007 at 01:50pm
i believe gerard discourages it. can you believe a student? the whole time yesterday i was thinking about the song. saying this is exactly what gerard was talking about. no wonder teenagers "scare the living shit" outta him!
eslizard
Salute You in Your Grave
eslizard
April 17th, 2007 at 07:52pm
D. Pharma01:
[described as : Quiet, Kept to Himself, Did his HomeWork/No Appearant Political Agenda!] Crying or Very sad Yes the Patient Cries "
But if your Troubled & Hurt / What you got Under your Shirt! / Will make 'em PAY for the things that They Did! " Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad D. Pharma01 asx: <does Gerard mean to Lament or Encourage this Trend> ??
AnyBody??

this news is verry sad... i cant believe it happened... and 3 Colombines... i know how bad Colombine was cause i live in Colorado... that many is very disturbing... but im ot really suprised it was a student... not many strangers would have come up and started shooting a college campus...

but how do you think this whole thing is going to settle with thsong being released on monday? the song is about teenagers and things like shootings... and it is being released right after one of the worst shootings in history...

and i dont think that Gerard would ever encourage things like gun violence... its not the kind of person that he is... he is for the fans, and encouring things like violence wouldnt give very many fans...

there's my 2 cents...
James Euringer
Bleeding on the Floor
James Euringer
April 18th, 2007 at 08:35am
eslizard:
D. Pharma01:
AnyBody??

this news is verry sad... i cant believe it happened... and 3 Colombines... i know how bad Colombine was cause i live in Colorado... that many is very disturbing... but im ot really suprised it was a student... not many strangers would have come up and started shooting a college campus...

but how do you think this whole thing is going to settle with thsong being released on monday? the song is about teenagers and things like shootings... and it is being released right after one of the worst shootings in history...

and i dont think that Gerard would ever encourage things like gun violence... its not the kind of person that he is... he is for the fans, and encouring things like violence wouldnt give very many fans...

there's my 2 cents...
the song was release on monday? well it was planned on being released soon maybe it was a coinicince?(sp).........freaky shit
DeToxic8_MCRmy
Killjoy
DeToxic8_MCRmy
April 19th, 2007 at 04:55am
CupidsMurderscene: