You're something you're not

If you look in the mirror and don't like what you see
You can find out firsthand what it's like to be me
So gather 'round piggies and kiss this goodbye
I'd encourage your smile, I'll expect you won't cry

AHHHH! AHHHH! AHHHH! AHHHH!

Another contusion, my funeal jag
Here's my resignation, I'll serve it in drag
When I grow up I want to be nothing at all!
I said

YEAH! YEAH! I SAID- YEAH! YEAH!

C'mon c'mon c'mon I said
Save me!
Get me the hell out of here
Save me!
Too young to die and my dear
You can't!
If you can hear me just walk away and
Take me!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So, what do you guys think this songs about?
Seven_illusions
Killjoy
Seven_illusions
November 11th, 2006 at 09:45am
"Here's my resignation, I'll serve it in drag"
Any idea what this means?
Emo_Princ3ss
Killjoy
Emo_Princ3ss
November 11th, 2006 at 06:58pm
I DONT R3ALLY G3T TH3 COMPL3T3 SONG? IT CONFUS3S M3?!?!?!
rockpapersuzi.
Always Born a Crime
rockpapersuzi.
November 11th, 2006 at 08:24pm
Well, this is the part in the story that he is realizing that he is sick and is going to the hospital. This is a very sad part of the Patient's story.

You might wake up and notice you're someone you're not.
If you look in the mirror and don't like what you see
You can find out firsthand what it's like to be me.

He clearly is wrestling with something inside himself as well. He doesn't like himself and he feels the person on the outside isn't potraying what he's really like inside.

When I grow up I want to be nothing at all!
There can be 2 interpretations of this line.

1. In his frustration with finding out he's sick, he erractically decides that he wants to die rather than living like this.

2. Or, he decides that a helpless gurney-bound life is no life for him to live when he grows up. It just wouldn't be worth it. Almost like that life is "nothing at all."

Save me! (& so on...)

He doesn't want to be hospitalized to death. He decides against his prior thoughts and realizes his life is slipping away from him.

Sorry, I don't know what to say about the drag line. =S

Oh, and I'm not saying any names, but some people need to: a) read the INO rules and b) learn some proper grammar.
A Sharp Life
Banned
A Sharp Life
November 12th, 2006 at 06:54pm
I don't know who else here listens to David Bowie, but this song reminds me of his song 'Five Years'. That song is also about something ending. I think that patient wants to die, he doesn't want to live like this any more.

The drag part also makes me think of David Bowie and (if I remember correctly Framk said that 'Five Years' is one of his favorite songs.) I want to say the hospital gown could be a dress and that is what he means by drag.

And also people lose all their hair when they have Cancer and hair seems to be the main way someone determines gender, so maybe the patient is loseing his idenity along with his hair.

I hope that makes sense to someone besides me.
live.love.burn.die
Killjoy
live.love.burn.die
November 12th, 2006 at 07:05pm
In this first track on the album, the Patient is not spoken of yet. Instead the song is My Chemical Romance as the Black Parade (their alter egos) welcoming the listener to the "tragic affair" that's about to unfold. The Black Parade tells the listener to "wipe off that make-up", since make-up is something the band had been known to previously wear quite often, they are making sure the listener knows that on this record they aren't My Chemical Romance, but The Black Parade. The song is meant to make you feel like you are about to be taken on a journey, and Ray Toro (MCR's lead guitarist), believes it kind of sets the tone for the rest of the album.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_End_%28My_Chemical_Romance_song%29
DeadlyPoisoned
Bleeding on the Floor
DeadlyPoisoned
November 12th, 2006 at 10:55pm
Love this song I love how Bob breaks it down with the drums on this.!Nice explaining of the song!.
madame angst
Salute You in Your Grave
madame angst
November 25th, 2006 at 05:01am
Well....it's right before dead!
And so it means that the patient is dying..>.>
And if he's a Cancer patient, than yes...what you people have said -I believe.
Very Happy
smoke2myfire
Killjoy
smoke2myfire
December 10th, 2006 at 04:03pm
When you hear the song, you hear breathing with a machine, and a heart beeper thing going BEEP. BEEP. BEEP. He’s at a funeral and he says he hates being himself, but he doesn’t what to end up like that person that died. He also adds that’s “what’s ‘in’ in despair,” as in, everyone else is being sad, and it’s popular now, so why don’t you do it? He’s, of course, being sarcastic, and he’s saying that he has REAL reasons to be sad, unlike you, and this funeral is an example. Since it is The End, the CD is like a story told backwards and tells you the ending first. It’s very emotionally inept, and I don’t like this CD as much as the others.
vampire forever now
Killjoy
vampire forever now
December 18th, 2006 at 08:05pm
hey if you guys really listen to the song and read the lyrics when it says
'wipe of that makeup whats in is despair". it means that My Chmical Romance is leaving emo.
Blue_Demon
Motor Baby
Blue_Demon
December 19th, 2006 at 09:59am
Like someone has already said, its the intro of the Paitent; who appears to be deciding whether to stay with the loving, or just give it all up and die. The End is MCR bringing the listener onto this world of The Black Parade and seeing what the Patient is going through while he is ill.

I don't really see MCR 'leaving emo' since I'm pretty sure they can't be labled so easily. (Sorry the last part is off topic!)
Immortal .
Fabulous Killjoy
Immortal .
December 19th, 2006 at 10:16am
This is when he gets to know that he´s dying. He is still alive, but I think the time before you die is harder than dying. That´s when he knows that he have to leave everyone. I allso think that "Whipe off that makeup what´s in is despair" means that MCR aren't the same band as before.
Burning Friend
Banned
Burning Friend
December 21st, 2006 at 09:41am
the first verse sounds like someone is at a funeral of someone they should miss, but don't and that the people there are just sorta acting sad, but deep down, they don't really miss the dead person
"Throw on the black dress, mix in with the lot,"
sounds like someone is acting sad for someone else's sake
"You might wake up and notice you're someone you're not,"
It sounds like the person is in a state of false-mourning, because the dead person was actually a bad person
"If you look in the mirror and don't like what you see, you can find out first-hand what it's like to be me"
the person thinks it's stupid that everyone is sad, because the dead person was bad and nobody liked him when he was alive
"I'd encourage your smiles, I'll expect you won't cry,"
it says if nobody liked the dead person when he was alive, they shouldn't miss him when he's dead, and to smile because they are just pretending to be sad
Burning Friend
Banned
Burning Friend
December 21st, 2006 at 09:52am
"Wipe off that makeup, what's in is despair,"
says that the people are just wasting their time being sad
Theda Bara
Really Not Okay
Theda Bara
December 21st, 2006 at 11:47am
its kind of like a "prologue" like the introduction to Romeo and Juliet and The Odyssey. Thats what i think of it
Kayla!
Joining The Black Parade
Kayla!
December 23rd, 2006 at 03:10pm
I think I finally understand it after about 3 weeks.
This song is his thoughts before he's dying. In the beginning, his heart is still beating, but he's suffering and about to die.
The part where he screams "SAVE ME" is his final attempt to ask for help, and it's also his final words. Notice how it feeds into 'Dead!', his heart stops, and they sing about him being dead from a complication in his heart.

I'm so proud of myself. XD
mymikeyromance
Killjoy
mymikeyromance
December 25th, 2006 at 07:44am
nice one Kayla!

hear the beeps at the beginning of the song? and the "flatline" as it was going to dead?

he finds out he's dying (come one, come all to this tragic affair) without even having the chance to live his life to the fullest or make his dreams come true (if you look in the mirror and don't like what you see, you can find out first hand what it's like to be me). he doesn't like the news but he doesn't want others to feel bad for him (i'd encourage your smiles, i'll expect you won't cry). then he changes his mind and accepts his situation (here's ny resignation, i'll serve it in drag). he says "when i grow up i want to be nothing at all". by the end of the song, he asks for help (save me...) yet sweet death comes for him.
im_ok_now93
Killjoy
im_ok_now93
December 28th, 2006 at 12:05pm
No It's About a Gay man about to get married he doesn't have friends because everybody nows he is a pedifile and NOBODY likes him and Gerard is speaking from a little boys that was one of the boy that the man taunted
Tacky and Irrelevant
Salute You in Your Grave
Tacky and Irrelevant
December 28th, 2006 at 08:39pm
is the black parade like welcoming the patient to death or something like that?