Don't have an account? Create one!

The End

AuthorMessage
My house of Vampires
Killjoy
My house of Vampires
April 23rd, 2007 at 04:46pm
I think we've all figured out by now that "the end" is the beginning of the patients journey after he dies. "my funeral jag." isn't it possible that thats the car that'll be driving his body to the cemetary? A jaguar? I don't know who makes hearses but is it at least feaseable?
Brain damage
Salute You in Your Grave
Brain damage
April 23rd, 2007 at 06:58pm
i have to say i dont get it?..
althoug the cd is about this patiant or how ever you write it(im from iceland and cant write wery well english) and the the songs are in the order
so:
TheEnd
Dead!
How i dissapear
the sharpest lives
welcome to the black parade
i dont love you
and on and on you know the order
so it makes sence that dead it efter the end ,, but i cant understand the welcome to the black parade song is about death coming to get him then what s how i dissaper and the sharpest lives about:S?
Deleted
Salute You in Your Grave
Deleted
April 26th, 2007 at 12:35am
I relate to every word of this song..... Especially, the make-up part... haha... Really, if you are a very logical person.. You will love their songs in this album... THis is true in reality and also on the novel of the black parade... I guess they should make novels out of their albums.. it is a perfect dark novel... haha... I love this song.. Every word...
oo_mitch05_oo
Killjoy
oo_mitch05_oo
April 26th, 2007 at 10:13am
i love how the album started with this song because the beginning of this song is like an introduction "now come one come all to this tragic affair..." and then the album ended with famous last words with the phrase "...i am not afraid to keep on living, i am not afraid to walk this world alone, honey if you stay i'd be forgiven, nothng you can say can stop me going home"

basically i think that this song is the introduction to the journey of the patient's death
Feel What You Feel.
Bleeding on the Floor
Feel What You Feel.
May 11th, 2007 at 11:45pm
I think The End, is when the Patient is about to die and probably in a hospital room.

"Now come one,
Come all,
To this tragic affair"
The End. is the end of his life, but it isn't. He's inviting you into his story and, in a way, to his funeral. The Patient ultimately dies at the end of The End., as I think we all have pretty much figured out, and this song is the Patient realizing that he's going to die and that this is the end of his life.
"Wipe off that make-up,
What's in is despair"
That could mean that this is a sad event because he's figured out that he's dying. Wiping off the make-up could mean that you're going to cry anyway, so you shouldn't even bother and wait for it to run down your face.
"So throw on the black dress,
Mix in with the lot"
That's probably referring to a funeral. You wear black to funerals and that makes you look the same as everyone else. Also there's probably a bunch of people there, and he's saying to just mix in with them and, pretty much, "join the club."
"You might wake up and notice you’re someone you're not,
If you look in the mirror and don’t like what you see,
You can find out firsthand what it’s like to be me,
So gather 'round piggies and kiss this goodbye"
This part is a little edgy and sarcastic. If you don't like yourself, try being him. You're so upset with your life, so try being the Patient. The record is pretty much about finding out what it's like to be the Patient and going through his story.
"I'd encourage your smiles,
I'll expect you won't cry"
Hm. This kind of confuses me. It could go along with the sarcastic remark saying that if you try being him you should just live with it and not cry because he didn't. However, it could be saying not to cry for him when he's gone, but I don't think that's likely.
"Another contusion,
My funeral jag"
Another contusion is probably referring to whatever's happening to him in the hospital. Needles and surgery and all. My funeral jag could be needles and surgery also.
"Here's my resignation,
I'll serve it in drag"
He's saying that he's giving up, and he's wearing a horpital gown, which could be like a dress.
"You've got front row seats to the penitence ball,
When I grow up I want to be nothing at all!"
He's full of regret, and he's inviting you to hear him out. Or he knows other people are regretting things that they've said and done to him, and he's inviting you to share your regret also. Kind of a spite situation. And he's probably in denial and saying he doesn't want to be anything when he grows up because he doesn't want to face the fact that he's dying.
"I said save me!
(Get me the hell out of here!)
Save me!
(Too young to die and my dear,)
You can't!
(If you can hear me, just walk away and)
Take me!"
Right here he's pretty much realized that he's going to die, and he's going to die soon. He wants someone to save him from this. He's too young to die, but he knows he has to. He doesn't want anyone to hear him and wants them to just leave because he can't be seen like this. He's resisting death when he says, "Save me! You can't! Take me!"

The beeping at the end of the song is the Patient dying.

Edit: Okay, so, I was listening to this on repeat and thought the beeping was at the end when it started over. XD
It's actually at the beginning, so I'm going to switch this around a little.
The Patient is still alive during the song because of the steady beeping, and then he dies during Dead! and not at the end of this song.
Not too much of an issue, but I just thought I'd correct myself.
Catastrophic Dreams
Jazz Hands
Catastrophic Dreams
May 13th, 2007 at 01:45pm
Forever.:
I think The End, is when the Patient is about to die and probably in a hospital room.

"Now come one,
Come all,
To this tragic affair"
The End. is the end of his life, but it isn't. He's inviting you into his story and, in a way, to his funeral. The Patient ultimately dies at the end of The End., as I think we all have pretty much figured out, and this song is the Patient realizing that he's going to die and that this is the end of his life.
"Wipe off that make-up,
What's in is despair"
That could mean that this is a sad event because he's figured out that he's dying. Wiping off the make-up could mean that you're going to cry anyway, so you shouldn't even bother and wait for it to run down your face.
"So throw on the black dress,
Mix in with the lot"
That's probably referring to a funeral. You wear black to funerals and that makes you look the same as everyone else. Also there's probably a bunch of people there, and he's saying to just mix in with them and, pretty much, "join the club."
"You might wake up and notice you’re someone you're not,
So gather 'round piggies and kiss this goodbye"
This part is a little edgy and sarcastic. If you don't like yourself, try being him. You're so upset with your life, so try being the Patient. The record is pretty much about finding out what it's like to be the Patient and going through his story.
"I'd encourage your smiles,
I'll expect you won't cry"
Hm. This kind of confuses me. It could go along with the sarcastic remark saying that if you try being him you should just live with it and not cry because he didn't. However, it could be saying not to cry for him when he's gone, but I don't think that's likely.
"Another contusion,
My funeral jag"
Another contusion is probably referring to whatever's happening to him in the hospital. Needles and surgery and all. My funeral jag could be needles and surgery also.
"Here's my resignation,
I'll serve it in drag"
He's saying that he's giving up, and he's wearing a horpital gown, which could be like a dress.
"You've got front row seats to the penitence ball,
He's full of regret, and he's inviting you to hear him out. Or he knows other people are regretting things that they've said and done to him, and he's inviting you to share your regret also. Kind of a spite situation. And he's probably in denial and saying he doesn't want to be anything when he grows up because he doesn't want to face the fact that he's dying.
"I said save me!
Save me!
(Too young to die and my dear,)
You can't!
(If you can hear me, just walk away and)
Take me!"
Right here he's pretty much realized that he's going to die, and he's going to die soon. He wants someone to save him from this. He's too young to die, but he knows he has to. He doesn't want anyone to hear him and wants them to just leave because he can't be seen like this. He's resisting death when he says, "Save me! You can't! Take me!"

The beeping at the end of the song is the Patient dying.

Edit: Okay, so, I was listening to this on repeat and thought the beeping was at the end when it started over. XD
It's actually at the beginning, so I'm going to switch this around a little.
The Patient is still alive during the song because of the steady beeping, and then he dies during Dead! and not at the end of this song.
Not too much of an issue, but I just thought I'd correct myself.
i completly agree
I'llBeHereWaiting
Killjoy
I'llBeHereWaiting
May 17th, 2007 at 05:48am
I think The End is Gerard pretending to be the paishent (Sorry i forgot how to spell it Sad ) and he is welcoming you in to the world of the black parade, but i think that it is after what had happened, if you understand what i mean. like it already happened and he's saying "come one, come all to this tragic affair" , kinda introducing his story. P.S Sorry it's kinda complicated but that the only way i could put it Very Happy
IXPROMISE
Jazz Hands
IXPROMISE
May 17th, 2007 at 01:57pm
wohoo
IXPROMISE
Jazz Hands
IXPROMISE
May 17th, 2007 at 01:57pm
wohoo
iamnotok
Killjoy
iamnotok
May 19th, 2007 at 06:59pm
i love this song i i think it is lik the real person not lik prettnding something ur not
MCR FREAK
Fabulous Killjoy
MCR FREAK
May 20th, 2007 at 12:16pm
The patient about to die...i think
Darkromance
Banned
Darkromance
July 12th, 2007 at 05:41pm
The beginnig made me think generally of emos. Under all of that makeup, there really is a serious thing that goes farther past the whole getup.
INowPronounceYouDead
Thinking Happy Thoughts
INowPronounceYouDead
July 13th, 2007 at 12:00pm
"Now come one,
Come all,
To this tragic affair,
Wipe off that make up,
What's in is despair,
So throw on the black dress,
Mix in with the lot,
You might wake up and notice you’re someone you're not,
So gather 'round piggies and kiss this goodbye,
I'd encourage your smiles,
I'll expect you won't cry,"
-Lots of people expect you to be someone..and sometimes you get lost in it all and just can't get a hold on reality..so you just need that ONE good day to set you free on to the right path-

"Ahhhhhh! Ahhhhhh!
Ahhhhhh! Ahhhhhh!"

"Another contusion,
My funeral jag,
Here's my resignation,
I'll serve it in drag,
You've got front row seats to the penitence ball,
-Damn I looked up 3 words lol..contusion..like a bruise...resignation..acceptance...and penitence..wrong doing/sin..
so this could be about..how sometimes we let those people change us inot these horrible characters who just arent us and if we get stuck in that we might as well be a nobody-

"I said yeah,
Yeah,
I say yeah,
Yeah,
Come on,"

"I say save me!
Save me!
(Too young to die and my dearWink
You can't...
(If you can hear me, just walk away)
...Save me!"
-The younger society is effected by this as well and then we go to teens/adults where relationships dont work out and its just a fight and someone always ends up walking away from the other-
goffman
Killjoy
goffman
July 21st, 2007 at 04:50pm
perhaps its about the patients funeral. perhaps?
Grantly
Killjoy
Grantly
August 30th, 2007 at 12:07am
I think the song's about him preparing for some sort of operation or a stay in the hospital. He's frightened of the prospect that he may not survive his time in the hospital and he's telling people. That's just what I think.
Reason.To.Believe
Joining The Black Parade
Reason.To.Believe
September 2nd, 2007 at 12:39pm
I agree with what everyone has to say.
And i really like this song.

But yeah,
I think it's about him realising that he's dying...as someone in an earlier post said.

*leaves*
Pretty_Hate_Machine
Killjoy
Pretty_Hate_Machine
September 12th, 2007 at 11:47pm
I'd talk about what I think the songs means, but everyone seems to have just about got it. It's somewhat of a prologue, like in Shakespeare plays etc. I'm not sure about the Patient being 'dead' though, I thought that originally, but I'm lately I've been looking at the metaphorical side of it. Perhaps a dying relationship. Hence in Famous Last Words, "I am not afraid to keep on living, I am not afraid to walk this world alone." But anyway, I shan't bore everyone with my long explanation of the entire album, back to the song at hand =P

I'm suprised that no one has made the connection to Pink Floyd yet (Sorry if anyone has, missed it). But when one thinks of a concept album 'The Wall' by Pink Floyd immediately springs to mind. The opening track is called 'In The Flesh', and 'The End' resembles it to a phenomenal degree. They are about the same thing, have the same structure, and are both equally brilliant. Check out the lyrics,

So you thought you might like to,
Go to the show.
To feel the warm thrill of confusion,
That space cadet glow.
Tell me is something eluding you, sunshine?
Is this not what you expected to see?
If you wanna find out whats behind these cold eyes,
Youll just have to blow your way through this disguise.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=GjU4M4G38lA

^ From the film, 'The Wall', with Bob Geldof as Pink.

Someone also pointed out eariler that it sounds like David Bowie's 'Five Years', I couldn't agree more. MCR did their research on amazing concept albums for this one clearly.
TRAGICaffair xx
Thinking Happy Thoughts
TRAGICaffair xx
October 16th, 2007 at 10:36pm
i don't think they they are exactly leaving emo. because they never were emo. theyre just a band that likes to dress in black. doesnt mean they're emo.

and i think that this whole song is about looking back.

in the beginning when he says whats in is despair. i think he means stop acting like your fine and jsut take off your smile and let it out.

this song actually even though its so short means alot to me.
it was the first song that they played at their second TBP tour. and that actually was my first concert. so it brings back memories.
MCR_ILY_U_SAVED_ME
Killjoy
MCR_ILY_U_SAVED_ME
November 10th, 2007 at 12:29am
this and dead! are my favourites off the album.

I think this song shows insecurity of a person...

"If you look in the mirror and dont like what you see,
you can find out first hand what its like to be me!"

and....

"When I grow up i want to be NOTHING AT ALL!" Razz

But then again i think all of the songs have a different meaning to different people! Like most of the songs have personal meanings to me alone that i wouldnt even share with anyone! Crying or Very sad

Bye for now!!! Bye
we.all.fall.down.
Killjoy
we.all.fall.down.
November 23rd, 2007 at 12:38am
Alright, "The Black Parade" album obviously has some sort of storyline. The End is probably the introduction to it. I think it is about the end of a young boy's life. He is still alive, but not for long, and he is aware that he's dying.

"If you look in the mirror and don't like what you see, you can find out first hand what it's like to be me."

The boy is saying "If you hate your life so much, just look at mine. If you want to find out what my life is like, try commiting scuicide."

"Another contusion, my funeral jag. Here's my resignation, I'll serve it in drag!"

A contusion is a bruise/cut, and so is a jag. He must be saying he can't take the pain of having to wait for death, knowing it could come at any time, so when he says "resignation" he means he's giving life up and he doesn't care if he dies or not.

When he says "I'd encourage your smiles. I'll expect you won't cry." I think he means people would rather have the boy die so he was out of the way.