Don't have an account? Create one!

The Ghost Of You

AuthorMessage
hangemhigh10
Killjoy
hangemhigh10
January 11th, 2008 at 10:06pm
i think that famous last words is a song of regret.

"theres nothing i can say to change that part" to me means that no matter what he does, he cannot change what he did.
i think that he killed someone. maybe his girl. i dont know.

the "bright lights" that are so often spoken of, might be searchlights.
but again, i dont know

" i am not afraid to
keep on living
i am not afrid to walk this world alone" might mean that even tough he did it, he will continue to live his live, alone without "her"

"honey if you stay ill be forgiven" i think is that if she stays and doesnt "pass on", people might forget what he'd done.

i dont know exactly what MCR wanted us to get out of this song, or if they even wanted us to understand it at all.
but, this is just what i got out of it. i dont know. whatever. great song though. (//_^)
BringEmmaTheHorizon!
Killjoy
BringEmmaTheHorizon!
January 12th, 2008 at 06:59am
i think this song means that he (Mikey) is upset to be leavin his partner to go bk to the war and he's afraid incase he doesnt come bk...he regrets not sayin the things he would like to say to her and everywer he looks he sees her.
rise_again_tomarrow
Joining The Black Parade
rise_again_tomarrow
January 12th, 2008 at 03:16pm
Well according to Gerard, this is a song about the fear of loosing someone, but i've always inturpted it differently. I have imagined it as a song about someone (possibly Gerard?) who looses someone verry close to him/her(possibly his grandma?) and is contemplating suicide, here are my 2 examples so u can see how they fit-
1) "Could I? Should I?" he/she is deciding whether or not to do it
2) "If I died we'd be together" I hope this example is self explantory
P.S. I am not sure about the parts in parentisis, thoes are a guess.
rise_again_tomarrow
Joining The Black Parade
rise_again_tomarrow
January 12th, 2008 at 03:17pm
hangemhigh10:
i think that famous last words is a song of regret.

"theres nothing i can say to change that part" to me means that no matter what he does, he cannot change what he did.
i think that he killed someone. maybe his girl. i dont know.

the "bright lights" that are so often spoken of, might be searchlights.
but again, i dont know

" i am not afraid to
keep on living
i am not afrid to walk this world alone" might mean that even tough he did it, he will continue to live his live, alone without "her"

"honey if you stay ill be forgiven" i think is that if she stays and doesnt "pass on", people might forget what he'd done.

i dont know exactly what MCR wanted us to get out of this song, or if they even wanted us to understand it at all.
but, this is just what i got out of it. i dont know. whatever. great song though. (//_^)

What the hell does famous last words have to do with the ghost of you?
Strfckrs Inc.
Salute You in Your Grave
Strfckrs Inc.
January 15th, 2008 at 06:59am
Listening to this song...

This is the part of the story where the girl dies, and the man is just thinking about everything that he's going to miss out on 'And all the things that you never ever told me'

So she's dead obviously 'If I died, we'd be together' as well as 'At the top of my lungs in my arms she dies' show this

And you have to remember the story behind the whole album too...

She dies & he kills 1000 evil men to get back with her
rise_again_tomarrow
Joining The Black Parade
rise_again_tomarrow
January 17th, 2008 at 07:04pm
This song in my oppinion is about Someone loosing a loved one and contemplating suicide
POST # !00!
deformedskittle.
Killjoy
deformedskittle.
January 24th, 2008 at 05:14pm
What I got from this song is(I'm probably wrong)...

The dude goes to war and the chick feels betrayed and thinks he'll die so she kills herself. The chorus is what she is thinking about right before she you know, pulls the plug. And that"Could I? Should I?"part is her having second thoughts.
jared leto.
Awake and Unafraid
jared leto.
January 25th, 2008 at 10:47pm
In this song, Gee is talking about losing youre loved one. Since the albums "3 Cheers 4 Sweet Revenge" is about losing your lover, it makes sense. Apparently the lovers town gets invaded by vampires and she dies in his arms, but he doesnt.
^If I die, we'd be together now. I can't always just forget her.^
alex suarez.
Fabulous Killjoy
alex suarez.
January 25th, 2008 at 11:39pm
I think it's pretty much a grieving song. I love it.
cemetaryprotestlead
Killjoy
cemetaryprotestlead
February 2nd, 2008 at 09:46pm
This is the song people get the meaning confused with Helena. THIS one is bout his grandmother passing away. ( little less girlfriendish than Helena don't you think)
Disenchanted2thecore
Killjoy
Disenchanted2thecore
March 16th, 2008 at 04:07pm
yes i think it definetly has something to do with lose someone very close to you... and most likely a soul mate as like they say "If i'd die we'd be together" symbolizes that whoever it is about had a very close and meaningful relationship... overall the lyrics have a way to make the song so relatable to so that when you lose someone very special to you... you can jam out to it and feel as if you arent alone... for me i think i want this song to be played at my funeral .... not only because of its meaning but also because its one of my favorites... ....
Switchblade Saint
Salute You in Your Grave
Switchblade Saint
March 17th, 2008 at 04:26am
well ever since i saw the vid (& i knew abt the song more or less at the same time) , i figured it was primarily abt the tragedy of war, but also the bigger issue of just losing someone u care abt in a traumatic event. (car accident, gangfight etc...anythin) & being haunted by ur memories & of not bg able to let go.

On a literal level the war thing definitely makes sense -- with or without the vid -- as there's the story of 'never coming home' (soldier going off to battle) & 'all the wounds'. On a less literal level, 'nvr cmg home' might mean never cmg back frm the dead & 'wounds' a symbol of emotional trauma.

If u're gonna argue the war angle, i think this line is pretty convincing:
I can't always just forget her
But she could try

As in the universal situation of a young man leaving the woman he loves to go to battle > faces ther fact that he may die > wishes her to 'forget' & move on if he does.

If u're going for the story of, say, an accident or gunfight etc, then
At the top of my lungs in my arms she dies
might nail it.

just my 2cents worth
bloodshed61791
Killjoy
bloodshed61791
April 4th, 2008 at 12:32am
Can't believe It MIKEY (my love!) died in the video!
thesharpestminds
Killjoy
thesharpestminds
April 4th, 2008 at 11:27am
anne_smiley_10:
Can't believe It MIKEY (my love!) died in the video!

I know!! when I first saw it, i was like "MIKEY NOOOOO!!!!"
mikey_needs_hugs30
Killjoy
mikey_needs_hugs30
April 5th, 2008 at 04:25pm
I think this song is slightly complicated...it is about loss and fighting to keep on even though it is so hard...it is about losing the one person that makes everything ok...they will never come home...whether it be death or they just got sick of you...they are gone and you are alone to fight a war you were sicking of fighting...but you wont let your ghosts and regrets haunt your or catch you so that you can prove to that person you are stronger then given credit for!
maxim bemis.
Crash Queen
maxim bemis.
April 23rd, 2008 at 01:17am
MyDetention:

And you have to remember the story behind the whole album too...

She dies & he kills 1000 evil men to get back with her

And i think thats why they chose the theme of war for this filmclip.
Because, in war, people are killed. Maybe they meant for us to see it, like, Gerard went to war to kill 1000 evil men? I dont know, that doesnt make much sense, but.
STFUvanner_x
Killjoy
STFUvanner_x
April 24th, 2008 at 07:20pm
It reminds me about alot of things. Not only i think it connects to the two lovers, and war. Since the scene is WWll its pretty much like: When a solider is killed during the war, and the wife of the soldier hears the news, and the soldier is never coming back home.
STFUvanner_x
Killjoy
STFUvanner_x
April 24th, 2008 at 07:21pm
Well since the scene of the vid is WWll, to me, its like when a soldier dies during the war, and his wife hears the news, realizing he's never coming back home. its a sad but amazing song.
maxim bemis.
Crash Queen
maxim bemis.
April 27th, 2008 at 04:06am
-continues on from her last post two messages above-
But I think that Gerard used the war as some kind of metaphor. Because, after all, Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge, is an album about loosing your lover.
The theme of war, and death ties in perfectly.
Now, in war there is two sides. In the film clip, Gerard goes to war.
Both 'teams' of people, think the opposing team is 'the group of bad guys'.
And in war, people die.
Like i said above, Gerard could of used the war as a metaphor, like a man setting out to war, to kill people, to avenge his deceased lover? idk, im not making sense again, but.
vampire kitteh :3
Thinking Happy Thoughts
vampire kitteh :3
May 1st, 2008 at 12:22pm
Jeffree Star:
mcrfreak21:
awwwww poor mikey died!!!
gerard did tooo
Shocked Mikey and Gerard died! LOL
jk jk
i'd follow them in death.

i would 2 Shocked