Don't have an account? Create one!

The Sharpest Lives

AuthorMessage
valiumobsequy
Awake and Unafraid
valiumobsequy
August 6th, 2008 at 08:22pm
i think this song is about a person of many sins and that they are finally catching up to him in life
sparklinggrey
Jazz Hands
sparklinggrey
August 19th, 2008 at 03:16pm
vikkivengeance:
according to gerard at the march 30th show...
"this song is about fucking"

haha

I think it's about the whole "rock and roll" lifestyle. Dunno where that fits in with the patient and everything, but that's what I get. Drugs, sex, rock and roll...

" Juliet loves the beat and the lust it commands " is definately a sex reference...

to me it sounds like this club place where everyone is dancing like crazy, drunk and high on drugs... i dunno... there's the whole "place in the dark where the animals go" line...
Craig Mabbitt
Really Not Okay
Craig Mabbitt
August 20th, 2008 at 03:05am
sparklinggrey:
vikkivengeance:
according to gerard at the march 30th show...
"this song is about fucking"

haha

I think it's about the whole "rock and roll" lifestyle. Dunno where that fits in with the patient and everything, but that's what I get. Drugs, sex, rock and roll...

" Juliet loves the beat and the lust it commands " is definately a sex reference...

to me it sounds like this club place where everyone is dancing like crazy, drunk and high on drugs... i dunno... there's the whole "place in the dark where the animals go" line...

I think you have something going there.
But, it might be where, you know, the Patient might be in his early 20's, or something, and he's having a rough time. Like, he might go to bars and strip clubs a lot.
Frankie-Fatal
Killjoy
Frankie-Fatal
September 5th, 2008 at 08:03pm
I don't exactly know what the whole song is about, but I think the line "Juliette loves the beat and the lust it commands" means that Juliette listens to the beat of her own heart and she loves what it "tells" her to do and she loves what it makes her feel. But yeah. Lol.
nevergetmealive
Joining The Black Parade
nevergetmealive
September 5th, 2008 at 08:27pm
i think its about a person who is living the whole sex, drugs and rock and roll lifestyle and its takinga toll on them. Its talking about clubs "place in the dark where the animals go", and them having a relckless lifestyle and realising and their friends are telling them they need to be more carefull bt they dont care.
the_second_chemist
Killjoy
the_second_chemist
September 17th, 2008 at 07:27am
I think it's about someone alcoholic or addicted to drugs and he's looking for his sweetie's attention.
Worthy
Killjoy
Worthy
September 19th, 2008 at 09:56am
Ha! I knew it was about sex. . .
XXblackisthekissXX
Killjoy
XXblackisthekissXX
September 27th, 2008 at 11:22pm
its about how big of an impact drugs and alcohal can make on your life.
WildEyedxJoker
Killjoy
WildEyedxJoker
October 1st, 2008 at 12:44am
Awesome song ^__^ Not my favourite on the cd, but yeah.

~"Well it rains and it pours when you're out on your own" : bad comes to worse when you're all alone ?

"Give me a shot to remember, and you can take all the pain away from me" : that line gives me the idea of wanting to be killed or dead.

"In love with all of these vampires so you can leave like the sane abandoned me" : betrayal, maybe ?
yousawnothing
Jazz Hands
yousawnothing
October 7th, 2008 at 03:59pm
I reckon it's got a double meaning, like a lot of their songs. The obvious one would be drug addiction "you can watch me corrode like a beast in repose cause I love all the poison...I've really been on a bender and it shows", but it could also be referring to someone who's gone off with someone he loves "so why don't you blow me/a kiss before she goes" and "give me a shot to remember/and you can take all the pain away from me/a kiss and I will surrender" is talking to the girl he loves and asking her to be with him.
"This alone you're in time for the show/you're the one that I need/I'm the one that you loathe" could be him admitting his feelings to the girl and it's telling us she doesn't love him back.
By the way, has anyone read Eclipse or the earlier part of Breaking Dawn from the Twilight series? Cause this is one of Jake's songs from the playlist and I for one think it fits perfectly. "In love with all of these vampires/so you can leave like the sane abandoned me" sounds exactly like his feelings when he left. Sad
Devilhunter318
Killjoy
Devilhunter318
October 14th, 2008 at 06:34pm
I think every song they wrote has a story
Tragic_Loss
Killjoy
Tragic_Loss
October 17th, 2008 at 11:23am
i think the song is about evrything going wrong
I_gave_you_blood
Killjoy
I_gave_you_blood
November 8th, 2008 at 08:41pm
Another really great character song. This member of the black parade was maybe a drug addict, and obviously very self destructive and dangerous. He's a cautionary tale for the patient. It's like: "I spent my whole life partying, drinking and having meaningless sex, and when the fun was over I was empty." And if you think about it this relates to MCR pretty well, because Gerard was a drug addict and an alcoholic and he's trying to say "Don't waste your life. Do something meaningful."
VamPrincess
Killjoy
VamPrincess
November 9th, 2008 at 12:44pm
I think it's about Gee's drugs and alcoholism. The first verse always makes me sob! :'(
rise.or.fall
Killjoy
rise.or.fall
November 13th, 2008 at 05:40am
I think this song is about a suicidal person who is involved in drugs and booze and staying out late (or early). he has many bad memories and keeps remen\mbering them. The persons lover is sick of his bad habits and so is the subject. (Give me a shot to remember and you can take all the pain away from me) This could be talking about the subject not having the guts to shoot himself so he wants his lover to do it for him. he wants her to remember him and wants his pain gone.

Although i don't get the Romeo and Juliet bit.
Mrs.GerardWayCullen
Killjoy
Mrs.GerardWayCullen
November 25th, 2008 at 10:46pm
I don't know what the song means but its one of my fave songs!!!!
"I'M BETTING ON ALICE"
-BELLA-
TWILIGHT
madame_tragic!
Killjoy
madame_tragic!
March 22nd, 2009 at 11:14am
this song is amazing~~~~if you all didn't know.
possibly has some innuendos? "why don't you blow me...a kiss before she goes"
sometimes G sings just "why don't you blow me"
ahaha Gee.
but anyways, thanks for clarifying that this song is def about drugs/alcohol.
possibly about some bad trips? "You can take off your skin in the cannibal glow" um...hidden meaning??!!!!
sorry.
but ahmahhhzing song. <3
flippy
Killjoy
flippy
April 13th, 2009 at 08:51am
i think its about someone left by his lover and spend the rest of his life being nothing and kill the pain by alchol and drugs
UntilTheEnd
Killjoy
UntilTheEnd
April 14th, 2009 at 11:45am
I think this song is possibly about jealousy; The line 'Why don't you blow me a kiss before she goes' sounds (to me) like he's trying to make an ex-lover jealous. Also 'This alone, you're in time for the show; You're the one that i need, I'm the one that you loath' sounds a bit like that too.
When I thought of it like that, sentences in the song started jumping out at me to support that, but I can't remember them now (oops..).
But I like the theory about drugs and alcohol (its more probable, too)
MiDesfileNegro
Thinking Happy Thoughts
MiDesfileNegro
April 14th, 2009 at 02:33pm
WildEyedxJoker:

"Give me a shot to remember, and you can take all the pain away from me" : that line gives me the idea of wanting to be killed or dead.

I took that to mean alcoholic shot, but it could be either Smile