Don't have an account? Create one!

The Sharpest Lives

AuthorMessage
Daft
Fabulous Killjoy
Daft
April 15th, 2009 at 12:36am
A shot could also mean an injection of some form?
MiDesfileNegro
Thinking Happy Thoughts
MiDesfileNegro
April 15th, 2009 at 02:51am
True, it could also be that too Smile
Incognito.
Bleeding on the Floor
Incognito.
April 20th, 2009 at 12:19am
I take shot as an injection.
Like a shot of morphine to take the pain away or something similar.
I love the romeo and juliet reference in the second verse
I think this is about The Paitent thinking about life still and how he abused himself a lot during it. also kind of references Gerard's drug abuse sorta
Juuice
Killjoy
Juuice
May 6th, 2009 at 09:05pm
it's my very favorite son ever... and i'm not sure... drugs and alcohol i guess...
a touch of anarchy.
Shotgun Sinner
a touch of anarchy.
May 17th, 2009 at 09:11am
You know, when I siad "This song is about Bert!", it made alot more sense to me. xD
threecheersx4mcr_
Killjoy
threecheersx4mcr_
July 29th, 2009 at 12:15pm
this is my thought; and its probably wrong; but, anyways:

I think this song is about Gerard's drinking and drugs life.
"If i Crash on the couch, can I sleep in my clothes
'cause I spent the night dancing I'm drunk, I suppose
if it looks like I'm laughing I'm really just asking to leave."

"this alone your in time for the show, your the one that I need
I'm the one that you loathe. you can watch me corrode like
a beast in repose 'Cause I love all the poison, away with the boys in the band"

"Give me a shot to remember, and you can take all the pain away from me. A kiss and I will surrender. The sharpest lives are the deadliest to lead."

I think you get my point, if you realllly think about the lyrics.
Black Dawn
Killjoy
Black Dawn
August 11th, 2009 at 06:40pm
i think probably drugs and alcohol but wiith a deeper meaning because i think he is taking them to remember then he gets painful memories he wants to forget so then takes more to help him forget, that his family are ashamed of him and he deserves to be thrown out, other people think hes mental but all he wants is to be loved then he will stop
headfirstforfrankie
Killjoy
headfirstforfrankie
September 22nd, 2009 at 12:57pm
The song is about a man dying of cancer wanting [let's put it as] a favour from is girlfriend before he dies. Just look at the lyrics really carefully. Smile
Last.Night.On.Earth
Bleeding on the Floor
Last.Night.On.Earth
September 23rd, 2009 at 11:58am
I don't know what individual lines me but the song as a whole gives me the impression of a sultry strip club where there serving shots of alcohol and it's very stuffy but also sexy... i dunno... just my opinion...
muddkipz
Killjoy
muddkipz
October 9th, 2009 at 01:54am
no idea why, but this song (my favorite from the black parade album) makes me think of how the general public just doesn't get that they don't all live on separate little continents but are in fact squished together so hard that the other people can't breath sometimes. no idea why.
GeeWayIero
Killjoy
GeeWayIero
October 13th, 2009 at 07:05pm
I think it´s bout drugs and alcohol, all that waht you guys already said, but just one thing: I dont quite get this line "Cause I love all the poison, away with the boys in the band" Can yomeone explain>?????
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
October 14th, 2009 at 12:02am
^Gerard has said previously that if he ever did drugs again would be the day that the band ends (Spin interview in '07) I believe this parts refers to him getting urges and wanting to relapse, but then he thinks of the band ending and gets scared. I don't think it's like he's trying to make them leave. As I think of it, it's kinda like either like a little kid who'll say "I throw sand, get on time out" instead of "If I throw sand then I'll get on time out". Or more preferabley alot more like a drug addict. If you listen to alot of addicts who've been using for along time, they talk like this.
squirmyegg
Killjoy
squirmyegg
December 30th, 2009 at 04:04pm
Attack.Kill.Bury.:
I think the song's about being screwed up with Drug's or Alchol

i was gonna say that, but i wasnt quite sure. this is actually the first song i figured it out on my own! well, the first mcr song.
squirmyegg
Killjoy
squirmyegg
December 30th, 2009 at 04:08pm
this is my favorite song because it says juliet and thats my name.
i_love_bob_bryar
Killjoy
i_love_bob_bryar
March 15th, 2010 at 01:09pm
i think it has to do with drugs aswell and i absoulty love this song xD
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
March 16th, 2010 at 09:16pm
I think this song has to with either drinking or sex... or both. Probably both.

"Give me a shot to remember" shot of beer.
"I'm drunk, I suppose."
"I've really been on a bender and it shows." bender is the same as binge drinking.

so yeah.

but he also mentions a 'she,' so either like he [not meaning Gerard, it's a general he] met some random chick at a bar or party or something. Or it could be the girlfriend or whatever and she's mad or something, because of

"so why don't you blow me a kiss before she goes" she's leaving because he drinks a lot. or it could be both, i'm not sure.
K.K.
Bleeding on the Floor
K.K.
March 20th, 2010 at 07:08am
I always thought that the 'I've been on a bender' part meant something like being sort of low. Like in morals and everything. And not caring.
kristengurl555
Killjoy
kristengurl555
May 10th, 2010 at 10:19pm
I thnink this song has to do with like someone who is co-dependent about drugs or alchohol like Gerard Way [posibly] and they need more from their dealer but I also tought about the "Juliet loves the beat and the lust it commands,
Drop the dagger and lather the blood on your hands Romeo" has to do with love poisbly because its kindof saying about beating up yur wife while yur drunk? ahah thts just my opinion.
Rorschach Test
Jazz Hands
Rorschach Test
February 14th, 2011 at 07:05pm
This track feels like a hallucination. I get the feeling that here The Patient is pumped full of morphine and saline solution and is wallowing in fear and a drug-induced, anger-fueled vision of what he imagines heaven (or hell) to be --"a light to burn all the empires"-- and what he feels his life is worth. He likens the doctors and nurses to vampires, living off of him while he slowly withers. He also nurses a feeling of adandonment and is essentially an emotional wreck.
Noisy Girl
Killjoy
Noisy Girl
September 11th, 2011 at 08:02pm
i think it's about Gerard's drug and alcohol life. "give me a shot to remember", because he used alcohol for everything, "and you can take all the pain away from me", because he didn't feel a thing, "