Bleeding on the Floor
My Chemical Asshole
November 22nd, 2006 at 06:01pm
So do I
AxPriestxGodxNeverxPaid
Jazz Hands
AxPriestxGodxNeverxPaid
November 29th, 2006 at 07:32am
To me the song is about leading a life that will most definitely take you six feet under and fast. "The sharpest lives are the deadliest to lead" It's quite simple really, at least in my head.

I get the feeling of a turbulent relationship where the other one is addicted to the other in this song. I think the underlining message is about addiction in general, be it drug-, alcohol-, sex or whatever addiction...
emergencyxelliott
Killjoy
emergencyxelliott
December 10th, 2006 at 08:36pm
yeah this is def. my favorite song on the cd. but yeah i think its bout drugs and all that stuff that ohter ppl have already said.
eszter
Killjoy
eszter
December 13th, 2006 at 10:53am
i like this song Smile
I'mAlreadyDead__x
Killjoy
I'mAlreadyDead__x
December 13th, 2006 at 01:35pm
Well it is both. It's about love, and using drugs to take the pain away if that love results in pain.

"Give me a shot to remember,
and you can take all the pain away from me ..."
mcr;love?!
Killjoy
mcr;love?!
December 13th, 2006 at 07:24pm
I think this song is about how fucked up you can get on drugs and shit.
But then have other commitments also, and can't balance them.
ImNotOkay_TrustMe
Killjoy
ImNotOkay_TrustMe
December 16th, 2006 at 08:39pm
Couldn't this song refer back to the Demolition Lovers and I Never Told You What I Do for a Living?

This stanza though...
'Juliet loves the beat and the lust it commands. Drop the dagger and lather the blood on your hands.'

Like, Juliet is the girl Demo. Lov. and she loves the guy Demo. Lov. and the guy Demo. Lov. kills people cause he needs 100 or is it 1000 bodies to see the girl Demo. Lov. again.

So it could mean, She still loves you. No need to worry. Just stop the killing and look at what you've done.

Idk. Did I make any sense at all?
HaleyRevanssi
Thinking Happy Thoughts
HaleyRevanssi
December 17th, 2006 at 03:21pm
My friend, Julia, said somewhere she heard (or maybe Gerard said it, I'm not too sure, this was awhile ago) that "The Sharpest Lives" is about a relationship Gerard had with another man. But I'm not sure, cause I dont remember where she heard this...
ImNotOkay_TrustMe
Killjoy
ImNotOkay_TrustMe
December 17th, 2006 at 03:28pm
I hope it is not about w/ Bert.
- is still made at The Used -

Like I said, I have no clue it's just what I thought when I was off in Courtney's World on the bus.
bound and gagged
Bulletproof Heart
bound and gagged
December 17th, 2006 at 07:23pm
I'm going with drugs
Mikki. Monster.
Killjoy
Mikki. Monster.
December 18th, 2006 at 02:12am
i definitly think this song is about alcohol and/or drugs and the effects it has on the people who take them and the people who they love around them...and also about why they take drugs and/or drink alcohol.... oh and aswel how the people around the drug/alcohol user try to change the habits of this person... and wiat thers more... how the loved ones loathe the alcohol/drug user.... and yuhp the sharpest lives is my favourite song on the black parade too!!!!!!!
GWxBBxMWxFIxRT
Killjoy
GWxBBxMWxFIxRT
December 18th, 2006 at 10:59pm
Well in blender magazine Gerard had said that this was about him and bert McCracken.. "The first was bert McCracken, the troubled singer for the utah screamo band the used. While touring together in 2003, bert and gerard became ferocious party buddies, wasting night after night draining hotel room minibars and bullshitting ( a numbing existence eulogized to perfection on The black parade's " The sharpest lives" ) for a time, the two were inseparable-joining each other on stage, name-checking each other in lyrics and even collaborating on a charity conver of "under pressure". But when way cleaned up , the relationship soared and soon McCraken was trash-talking MCR. " pg.90 blender magazine
Haha i love MCR i could tell you almost everything that happened in the video diary and all the articles i have read about them Very Happy <3 cortney
oh! darling
Motor Baby
oh! darling
December 19th, 2006 at 03:09pm
GWxBBxMWxFIxRT:
Well in blender magazine Gerard had said that this was about him and bert McCracken.. &quot;The first was bert McCracken, the troubled singer for the utah screamo band the used. While touring together in 2003, bert and gerard became ferocious party buddies, wasting night after night draining hotel room minibars and bullshitting ( a numbing existence eulogized to perfection on The black parade's &quot; The sharpest lives&quot; ) for a time, the two were inseparable-joining each other on stage, name-checking each other in lyrics and even collaborating on a charity conver of &quot;under pressure&quot;. But when way cleaned up , the relationship soared and soon McCraken was trash-talking MCR. &quot; pg.90 blender magazine
Haha i love MCR i could tell you almost everything that happened in the video diary and all the articles i have read about them Very Happy &lt;3 cortney
haha same here
my mom goes crazy whenever i put video diary on and say along with them.

@ImNotOkay_TrustMe:
wow, i never thought of it that way! it does make sense. but i don't think the whole song is about it, i stick with the drug/alcohol thing. but that line could definitly mean that.

I love the way they used vampires in it again..something the teenies would probably not get what it's about
mymikeyromance
Killjoy
mymikeyromance
December 26th, 2006 at 08:30am
i strongly agree with the alcohol and drugs stuff.
so in a way, it kinda serves as a warning to some.
xXxim-not-okayxXx
Joining The Black Parade
xXxim-not-okayxXx
December 28th, 2006 at 03:58pm
sexyfreak:
I thinks it's about the life you take when you drink, do drugs and party a lot.

^^^i think that too!

its one of my fav songs on that cd but i love them all mucho!
Inertiatic Esp.
Bleeding on the Floor
Inertiatic Esp.
December 28th, 2006 at 07:03pm
i definately agree with the above statement. I think it has to do with the patients drug adn alcohol abuse life. Alot of debates say that it was Gerard's way of putting out his feelings about his own alchohol and drug abuse problems but I dont beilieve so
love.angel.dark.hate
Killjoy
love.angel.dark.hate
December 30th, 2006 at 05:42pm
yeah..i think it's about drugs and alchool but also about his true love and how much love hurts..although drugs aren't a solution to depresion.they can make the pain go away..even if it is only for a couple of hours..i may be wrong but this is what i think
dead-end girl
Killjoy
dead-end girl
December 30th, 2006 at 11:14pm
its def. about Bert and def. about Drugs, lol!
Aw.Sugar
Killjoy
Aw.Sugar
January 2nd, 2007 at 11:45pm
'Give me a shot to remember, and you can take all the pain away from me'

Sounds like he's talking about a drug like heroin. And the heroin making him feel better.

Orsomethingratherlikethat *cough* Mr. Green