goffman
July 17th, 2007 at 09:16pm
i reckon this song is about alchohol, drugs, and self harm
(the SHARPEST lives, sharp as in knife) Very Happy
UnlucKyneSss
Killjoy
UnlucKyneSss
July 25th, 2007 at 01:58pm
i watched an interview and gerard said it was about his past and how hes changed thanks to the help from his friends, family, fans and the band and how you shouldnt turn to drugs,alcohol or violence to solve your problems coz it just makes things worse!

im not saying its right but thats what i saw!
and heard
holidayxmisery
Killjoy
holidayxmisery
July 26th, 2007 at 12:45am
oh how i love the beginning, especially when it is raining

i guess the alcohol thing is right, but then later, i think it changes a bit...

but yeah the chorus...

yeah i'l go with the alcohol stuff...
CoryisnotokIpromise
Killjoy
CoryisnotokIpromise
July 30th, 2007 at 04:36am
I read that this song is suppose to be about Gerard's ex-friendship with Bert McCracken and how when he wasn't sober everything was just wild and crazeh parties nonstop. Now that he is sober he realizes how stupid that lifestyle was.
NewHairSameShit.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
NewHairSameShit.
July 30th, 2007 at 05:10am
Yeah this is a good song. ^^^I believe it has something to do with that, now that I think about it. They were some messed up mf'ers then and now that Gerard got clean and sober, he's probably looked back on the whole situation and thought about how pointless it is.
But..then again...nobody knows what goes on in the mind of our Crazy Gerard
(yes you have to share him LOL!) So, yeah. But remember...everything's a
metaphor...or at least the old stuff used to be. *sigh* LOL
fancy pirouettes.
Awake and Unafraid
fancy pirouettes.
July 30th, 2007 at 05:23am
I always thought that this song was about Bert and the stuff that happened when Gerard and him were friends and when they had their falling out. Song seems like it's looking back to that time in his life.
nissar_
In The Murder Scene
nissar_
July 30th, 2007 at 09:56pm
I agree with all of you.
I think the song is about drugs and how messed up it can get you and how addicting it gets to you that you want it and need it "And you can take all the pain away from me"

but I'm guessing once you clean up from all the drugs and realize it was worthless using them in the end. "The sharpest lives are the deadliest to lead"

and with Romeo and Juliet is a great point to put them in since Romeo took poison in just in another meaning of a drug.
nissar_
In The Murder Scene
nissar_
July 30th, 2007 at 09:59pm
MyChemicalAttraction:
I agree with everyone else this song is definitly about drugs and stuff but don't u think this song kinda has a animal-ish feel to it i mean:

" you can watch me corrode like a beast in repose"
and
"theres a place in the dark were the animals go, you can take of your skin in the canibal glow"
i dono just saying

I'm guessing those lines mean of how much drugs can change you and your whole personality. "you can watch me corrode like a beat in repose"

and if family and friends don't like it then you just go with other people who do the same things you do and you'll feel ok and fine since no one will bug you about stopping of what your doing "theres a place in the dark were the animals go, you can take of your skin in the canibal glow"
disenchantedparadise
Killjoy
disenchantedparadise
August 12th, 2007 at 04:41pm
im loooove this song.
my favorite line is:
i love all the poison, and away with the boys in the band.
i love the blending in that part.
HedleyandMCR'sangel
Killjoy
HedleyandMCR'sangel
August 25th, 2007 at 12:16pm
disarm.:
First off this is probably my favorite song on the whole CD.

Same. I love this song more then anyone. Sorrym but it's true.

Anyways, I don't know what it's meaning is.....I just know I love is song. Razz
Myalyas
Killjoy
Myalyas
August 27th, 2007 at 06:38am
Drugs, Alcohol, Sex.
And we all know who the "patient" is here, don't we?
mcr_fan......
Killjoy
mcr_fan......
August 27th, 2007 at 10:43am
pretty rad song by the way but moving on - i reckon its about drugs, alcohol and stuff of that nature...
The Original Bob.
Demolition Lover
The Original Bob.
August 31st, 2007 at 12:57am
this is the BEST song on the ablum, by far!
Drugs/alcohol "give me a shot to remember"
writerGrrl
Salute You in Your Grave
writerGrrl
September 5th, 2007 at 06:17am
I think it's a bit of a fuck you to whoever was his dealer at one point and to his lifestyle as a drinker and druggie. If you think about it, there's probably someone out there, if he's not in jail right now, who is bragging about how they were able to control him and I think Gerard finds that humiliating. This song is basically saying "once you were able to control me and that lifestyle was able to control me but not anymore."
darkchick450
Killjoy
darkchick450
September 11th, 2007 at 03:37pm
I think you guys are right it is about drugs but it is also about a girlfriend desideing to leave hime because of his drug addiction
Sib
Killjoy
Sib
September 21st, 2007 at 02:21am
i read in that my chem book that it was about reading and leeds fest all the bottalling thing they got but that what i read i dont know at first i was thinking it was about drink and drugs and ( CON'S people that are they there for being there)around gerard / band and how the life they was living just got to the piont where it rip them out of them self (trying to brake free from them and it) hard time for them, just getting out with out getting hurt them self.

Well that what i think Very Happy dont shoot me if you think im talking shit please about this.
LivingInTheShadows
Killjoy
LivingInTheShadows
September 23rd, 2007 at 10:10pm
idk i found this on the internet somewhere i think quizzilla

the shprpest lives

i think this song is about a guy (lets call him bob,to make it less confusing) catching his girlfriend (who he lives with)cheating on him with a close friend of his own,exept his girlfriend doesn't know that he caught them,since he just kept it quiet and didn't confront her.

First of all in the song it shows how bob felt thinkin about the girl and his friend when he first found out about them."well it rains and it pours when your out on your own"
and then bob gets angry at her and tries to make an excuse to sleep somewhere else than the bed they share (which is the place he caught her cheating).so bob just tells her he wants to sleep on the couch "if I crash on the couch can I sleep in my clothes?"but then she see's that bob looks upset,and ask him why he's upset,but bob lies and just says he's been dancing all night (which he actually was until he came home early and saw his girlfriend cheating)and he's drunk."well I've spent the night dancing I'm drunk I suppose."and then she (relieved) laughs about it because she thought bob caught her cheating,and bob just laughs to fit the moment even though he really isn't happy."if it looks like I'm laughin I'm really just askin to leave"

and after weeks of her continously cheating on him "without him knowing",bob finnaly goes crazy with angry after holding it in so long,and gets the idea to kill his girlfriend infront of his friend(who is the one having the affair with his girlfriend).so one day his friend arrives at his house after he invites him.the friend gets in the house and see's that bob's girlfriend (the girl the guy was having an affair with)"This alone your in time for the show"and then the friend see's the crazy look in bobs eyes and instantly knows what he's trying to do."Youre the one that I need,im the one that you loathe."and then bob,see's that the friends gonna try and fight back,but this only makes him crazier and angrier "you can make me corrode like a beast in repose,because I love all the poisen."and then he says that he isn't the little boy he used to be (probably a past reference to the times they used to have together when they were little)."and away with the boys in the band"

so bob tells his friend how their affair was hell to him "and I've been on a bender and it shows"so bob gets out his gun and points it to his girlfriend to show that if his friend tries to fight back he'l just kill her "so why don't you blow me a kiss before she goes?"

bob then gets hit with reality,and realises what he's doing.but he figuires he's too deep in to get out now,so if his friend tries to fight,he would still shoot his girlfriend even though inside he wouldnt want to."give me a shot to remember"and bob just keeps lying sayin that if his friend fights back he'd be doing bob a favour saying he'd just take the pain away."and take all the pain away from me"
but inside bob just wishes this could all end with an apology "a kiss and I will surrender",but bob realises he's too deep in to get out now,and he can't think of a way out of the situation "the sharpest lives are the deadliest to lead".bob realises that this is the biggest thing he's ever done "a light to burn all the empires"its so big that he's ashamed to end it so easily."so bright the sun is ashamed to rise and be"and then bob thinks that his friend is the one that made the first move on his girlfriend (causing his girlfriend to fall in love with him),sucking his girlfriend in with his charm."in love with all of those vampires"and then he gets the idea to kill his friend instead and letting his girlfriend go (leaving her lonely and depressed) so she can knows what it was like to feel abandoned "So you can leave like the same abandoned me"

so then bob finnaly loses the last straw and goes crazy,and shows his real colours."theres a place in the dark where tha animals go.you can take off your skin in the cannibal glow"so then bob points the gun at his friend and shoots him continously,mocking his girlfriend assuming that she lived her life under the gun anyway with all that pressure she had to keep the affair a secret."juliet loves the beat,and the lust it commands".his friend,just having realised what happened to him (after shock) dies."drop the dagger and gather the blood on your hands.romeo."
Rouge
Killjoy
Rouge
October 5th, 2007 at 05:15am
My most favored song, but with its meaning it stretches alot deeper than drugs and alcohol, I would tell u what i think it is but the then the song wouldnt be the same, and my answer is just a hunch, but I still agree with the other meaning.
Rouge
Killjoy
Rouge
October 5th, 2007 at 05:16am
That works too

alone_and_unloved:
idk i found this on the internet somewhere i think quizzilla

the shprpest lives

i think this song is about a guy (lets call him bob,to make it less confusing) catching his girlfriend (who he lives with)cheating on him with a close friend of his own,exept his girlfriend doesn't know that he caught them,since he just kept it quiet and didn't confront her.

First of all in the song it shows how bob felt thinkin about the girl and his friend when he first found out about them."well it rains and it pours when your out on your own"
and then bob gets angry at her and tries to make an excuse to sleep somewhere else than the bed they share (which is the place he caught her cheating).so bob just tells her he wants to sleep on the couch "if I crash on the couch can I sleep in my clothes?"but then she see's that bob looks upset,and ask him why he's upset,but bob lies and just says he's been dancing all night (which he actually was until he came home early and saw his girlfriend cheating)and he's drunk."well I've spent the night dancing I'm drunk I suppose."and then she (relieved) laughs about it because she thought bob caught her cheating,and bob just laughs to fit the moment even though he really isn't happy."if it looks like I'm laughin I'm really just askin to leave"

and after weeks of her continously cheating on him "without him knowing",bob finnaly goes crazy with angry after holding it in so long,and gets the idea to kill his girlfriend infront of his friend(who is the one having the affair with his girlfriend).so one day his friend arrives at his house after he invites him.the friend gets in the house and see's that bob's girlfriend (the girl the guy was having an affair with)"This alone your in time for the show"and then the friend see's the crazy look in bobs eyes and instantly knows what he's trying to do."Youre the one that I need,im the one that you loathe."and then bob,see's that the friends gonna try and fight back,but this only makes him crazier and angrier "you can make me corrode like a beast in repose,because I love all the poisen."and then he says that he isn't the little boy he used to be (probably a past reference to the times they used to have together when they were little)."and away with the boys in the band"

so bob tells his friend how their affair was hell to him "and I've been on a bender and it shows"so bob gets out his gun and points it to his girlfriend to show that if his friend tries to fight back he'l just kill her "so why don't you blow me a kiss before she goes?"

bob then gets hit with reality,and realises what he's doing.but he figuires he's too deep in to get out now,so if his friend tries to fight,he would still shoot his girlfriend even though inside he wouldnt want to."give me a shot to remember"and bob just keeps lying sayin that if his friend fights back he'd be doing bob a favour saying he'd just take the pain away."and take all the pain away from me"
but inside bob just wishes this could all end with an apology "a kiss and I will surrender",but bob realises he's too deep in to get out now,and he can't think of a way out of the situation "the sharpest lives are the deadliest to lead".bob realises that this is the biggest thing he's ever done "a light to burn all the empires"its so big that he's ashamed to end it so easily."so bright the sun is ashamed to rise and be"and then bob thinks that his friend is the one that made the first move on his girlfriend (causing his girlfriend to fall in love with him),sucking his girlfriend in with his charm."in love with all of those vampires"and then he gets the idea to kill his friend instead and letting his girlfriend go (leaving her lonely and depressed) so she can knows what it was like to feel abandoned "So you can leave like the same abandoned me"

so then bob finnaly loses the last straw and goes crazy,and shows his real colours."theres a place in the dark where tha animals go.you can take off your skin in the cannibal glow"so then bob points the gun at his friend and shoots him continously,mocking his girlfriend assuming that she lived her life under the gun anyway with all that pressure she had to keep the affair a secret."juliet loves the beat,and the lust it commands".his friend,just having realised what happened to him (after shock) dies."drop the dagger and gather the blood on your hands.romeo."