This was based on a book, wasn't it?
A Rose for Emily, I'm pretty sure.
arsonist; edlaine
Shotgun Sinner
arsonist; edlaine
November 11th, 2006 at 09:24am
Yup.
Great one for an inspiration, too.

Emily was a girl who was controlled and manipulated by her father. She lived a pretty tragic life.

Emily fell in love with a guy named Barron. She ignored all of the gossip and she immersed herself into an affair with Barron.

Barron decided that he was going to leave Emily for all the controversy that their affair has made. After Emily knew about this, she made sure that Barron is going to be with her whether he is alive or not. She ends up killing him and she locked herself in her room with Barron's corpse which emitted a horrible smell.
voice4mygeneration65
Jazz Hands
voice4mygeneration65
November 14th, 2006 at 11:43pm
^FYI
" A Rose for Emily" is about a women who is hated by everyone in her town. She eventually falls in love with a man named Homer, not Barron. He doesn't really love her back because he is a homosexual. She kills him with arsenic, sold to her by a shop clerk thinking sh ewas going to use it to kill herself. Throughout the whole story you don't know what she did with the body but at the end when she dies, a detective finds out that she kept the corpse in her bedroom and slept with it at night. I read this story in 9th grade english and watched the short movie version starring Anglica Houston. The whole class didn't catch the whole part about how she slept with the corpse at night untill the end of the movie when a few seconds after the movie ended, you could here a collective, "Ew! Ew! Ew! Ew!"
arsonist; edlaine
Shotgun Sinner
arsonist; edlaine
November 15th, 2006 at 06:36am
Um, first of all, Homer and Barron are the same person. Homer is the first name and Barron is the last name.

And Barron was not proved to be a homosexual.

wikipedia:
A Rose for Emily
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from A rose for emily)

A Rose for Emily, a short story by William Faulkner first published on April 30, 1930, is distinctive its unusual use of first-person plural point of view and non-chronological ordering of episodes. This (at the time) controversial story took place in Yoknapatawpha County, an often revisited setting of Faulkner's.

Spoiler warning: Plot and/or ending details follow.
A Rose for Emily recounts the story of an eccentric spinster, Emily Grierson. An unnamed narrator details the strange circumstances of Emily’s life and her odd relationships with her father who controlled and manipulated her, her lover Homer Barron, the townspeople of Jefferson who gossip about her, and her horrible secret. In her upstairs room, she hides all day in Barron's corpse, which explains the horrid stench that emits from Miss Emily's house.

The story’s complexities inspired critics while casual readers found the work one of Faulkner’s most accessible (and shortest) works. The popularity of the story was due in no small part to its gruesome ending.

Faulkner based the story upon a true incident. A good friend of his, Emily Grierson of Oxford, invited a gentleman in her home to live with the promise of marriage. After a few months, or perhaps a year or more, he decided she was not his cup of tea. He told her he was leaving and she bade him goodbye. And that was where the story ended until word reached Mr. Faulkner. As a token of his esteem, he wrote "A Rose for Emily" and presented this to her. This was, in Faulkner's mind, a most fitting way to revenge the heartache Homer Barron heaped upon his good friend. The rose indeed was for his friend, Emily Grierson. Thus there were two versions: the real life version and Faulkner's fictional account.

The story explores many themes, including the society of the South at that time, the role of women in the South, and extreme psychosis.

In the story, the townspeople's points of views on Emily actually reflect the society's value at that moment to some extent. Although the townspeople don't have direct contact with Emily, their views on her and her family greatly affect her life. Their praises and admiration influence her father to keep her sheltered longer than she actually needs to be. Her father controls her thoughts and lifestyle. Emily feels that she is released when her father is dead. She dives into love with Homer and neglects people's judgments on her. When she realizes that Homer intends to leave her again, she makes sure that he would always be with her, whether he is alive or not. In his death Emily finds eternal love which is something no one could ever take away from her.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_rose_for_emily
Spencer Reid
Always Born a Crime
Spencer Reid
November 17th, 2006 at 02:34pm
arsonist; edlaine:
Um, first of all, Homer and Barron are the same person. Homer is the first name and Barron is the last name.

And Barron was not proved to be a homosexual.

But, it eluded to the fact that he was homosexual.

The movie sucked...it didn't even match the short story. No
Jeffree Star
Motor Baby
Jeffree Star
December 11th, 2006 at 12:13pm
"HES NEVER HOME ALWAYS LOOKING AT MEN" I think its about a homosexual.
xXDemolitionxLoserXx
Killjoy
xXDemolitionxLoserXx
December 18th, 2006 at 11:37pm
hm... i think its about a selfish girl, a gay guy, and someone getting married. honestly I HAVE NO CLUE. But seriously... does Gee really need a reason to write a song? Maybe he was just angry about something...
Gerard for S.P.E.W.!
Jazz Hands
Gerard for S.P.E.W.!
December 19th, 2006 at 11:51pm
The_Black_Parade:
hm... i think its about a selfish girl, a gay guy, and someone getting married. honestly I HAVE NO CLUE. But seriously... does Gee really need a reason to write a song? Maybe he was just angry about something...

good point, but I believe the song WAS written about the story.

And if you want to actually read the story and decide for yourself, read it here.

And as an add on, she killed him with arsenic not cyanide, as it states in the song/.

But honestly, cyanide rolls off the tongue better. Haha.
broken_star
Killjoy
broken_star
December 25th, 2006 at 03:16pm
didnt SHE drink the cyanide?...'all the cyanide u drank'...........oh well nevermind.......(woops i did not mean for that to be a reference to the nirvana song.woops!)
Spencer Reid
Always Born a Crime
Spencer Reid
December 25th, 2006 at 10:40pm
broken_star:
didnt SHE drink the cyanide?...'all the cyanide u drank'...........oh well nevermind.......(woops i did not mean for that to be a reference to the nirvana song.woops!)

No, she bought it to kill Homer.
broken_star
Killjoy
broken_star
December 26th, 2006 at 10:31am
ok............lol....i went back and listened to it again.....i am dumb!!!
into_your_icy_blues
Fabulous Killjoy
into_your_icy_blues
February 2nd, 2007 at 06:30pm
so this song is kind of about necrophelia,... interesting
EmUhLeeA
Killjoy
EmUhLeeA
February 3rd, 2007 at 01:53pm
i heard once somewhere that its got some relation to invisible monsters by chuck palahnick (sorry i love the man but i cant remember how to spell his last name!!!
Silent_Whispers
Salute You in Your Grave
Silent_Whispers
February 5th, 2007 at 10:54pm
I say this is about a gay guy wanting to fit in...
MCR Way Bros
Jazz Hands
MCR Way Bros
February 10th, 2007 at 06:27pm
Before I knew it was about a book, I thought it was about:

a girl wanted to be together forever with this guy but he was gay ("...he's always looking at men..."Wink and had drug issues but she didn't know he was gay and she thought he would love her until they died. And other stuff like that, that's hard to explain in words.
Shinori
Salute You in Your Grave
Shinori
February 22nd, 2007 at 05:57pm
i think this song means that if your rich and married life isnt perfect
Shinori
Salute You in Your Grave
Shinori
February 22nd, 2007 at 05:58pm
life still isnt perfect*
Shinori
Salute You in Your Grave
Shinori
February 22nd, 2007 at 05:59pm
also if you listen to this song with only the right earphone or headphone in it sounds way better cause you can hear gerard way better at the start to end
Miss Zacky Vengeance
Joining The Black Parade
Miss Zacky Vengeance
February 24th, 2007 at 02:13pm
i agree...concidering i told you that...lol
yeah the first verse sounds better with only the right earphone cause its just gerard and no guitar