Don't have an account? Create one!

To The End

AuthorMessage
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
June 10th, 2007 at 08:38pm
i don't believe this song is about the short story, i think that the story kind of helped but i think its about suicide and leaving all your loved ones behind and how much they grieve for you,"he calls the mansion not a house but a tomb" about how if your depressed you look at every thing in a negative way. "if you marry me would you bury me, would you carry me to the end." i think is kind of saying, i love you, i know your not okay but please i need you till the end of everything. "if you ever say never to late, i'll forget all the diamonds you ate" i know you've been suicidal but if you give this life just another try i'll love you even more, try to help you, and not worry to much about those dark time, "say goodbye to the last parade, wave goodbye, to the chioce you made" i think either they did commit suicide or are still holding on and things finally got better. just a theory if you don't like it don't believe it.
Serena
Killjoy
Serena
June 10th, 2007 at 10:58pm
yeah i agree about it not being about the story, and also, why would you change it from "arsenic" to "cyanide"? it doesnt really make sense.
Brian Schechter
Banned
Brian Schechter
June 11th, 2007 at 09:37pm
Im just throwing this out there,
but doesn't the

'Lost in coma and covered in cake'

part remind you of kill bill or is that just me??
because she was shot at her wedding and went into a coma and there was cake everywhere.
idk just reminds me of it.
Brian Schechter
Banned
Brian Schechter
June 11th, 2007 at 09:39pm
ignore
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
June 13th, 2007 at 08:14pm
Serena:
yeah i agree about it not being about the story, and also, why would you change it from "arsenic" to "cyanide"? it doesnt really make sense.

thats why i don't believe its about the story. sorry i just can't see mcr sing about people screwing dead people.
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
June 13th, 2007 at 08:14pm
^ well maybe i can but still
Headfirst4MikeyWay
Killjoy
Headfirst4MikeyWay
June 25th, 2007 at 07:14am
yeah i think it myt be about some gay guy idk...
anyway...
luv the song...
it seems real deep to me
idk y.
dear matthew
Joining The Black Parade
dear matthew
June 25th, 2007 at 12:33pm
i think the song is just pointing out the reality that divorce rates are high and its just pointing out the fact that marriage is supposed to be for the both of you "to the end". i just think the songs about marriage and how about it goes to hell for some people. perhaps gereards parents divorced or something and he wrote this song for them
NoGlamourInSuicide
Killjoy
NoGlamourInSuicide
July 12th, 2007 at 10:50pm
i dont know what its about but
"I'll forget all the diamonds you ate"
could refer to Crack rocks
INowPronounceYouDead
Thinking Happy Thoughts
INowPronounceYouDead
July 13th, 2007 at 12:09pm
lol thats how I usually listen to music anywho so I wouldn't know the difference haha i know strange right?...but after hearing it was based off that book I guess I should read it..but the song makes ALOT of sense especially knowing that Gee and Mikey worked at a book place..so yea..dang soo much to learn so little time to sleep..

I thought it was about a gay husband figure and a cheating wife..so in a way they were cheating on eachother and someone ended up dieing....so I guess I was a quarter right kind of lol
xDarkenxUrxClothesx
Fabulous Killjoy
xDarkenxUrxClothesx
July 16th, 2007 at 04:07pm
i read the reasoning behind the song and i thought the book sounded really cool and now i want to read it but i cant find it any where... :/ i love how they base their songs on such real things (Unadultery, Gay), it only makes you appreciate them more...rite?!?
<333 XD
Caity
TRAGICAFFAIR?.
Joining The Black Parade
TRAGICAFFAIR?.
August 15th, 2007 at 06:59am
Well first of all the cd is about a guy who dies with his lover and goes to hell where he makes a deal with the devil "to bring the devil the corpses of a thousand evil men" so he and his lover can be together in life again.

So I always thought the song is about the guy killing someone evil for the deal. Like the woman(or bride) in the song is kind of like a "black widow" because she marries men that are rich and kills them for their money.
"down by the pool he doesnt have many friends...face down and bloated snap a shot with the lense..." this line is basically saying that she drowned her husband. Then in the second verse it implies that she is using the money she got for his death, "got nasty blistards from the money she spends..." and later the verse states "ill forget all the diamonds you ate. lost in a comma and covered in cake, increase the medication share the vows at the wake..." This tells us that she has had other husbands(victims) that she has killed for money.

And I believe that the song is sung in the point of view of the guy that needs to kill a thousand evil people and he is like mocking her and making fun of her by asking "if you marry me, will you burry me? or Will you carry me to the end" Then he kills her by poisoning her with cyanide.

To some things up this song is about the main character crossing another evil man(or woman) of his list so he can be with his dead lover. And the bride he kills is an example of greed in its strongest form and how it can turn a person to pure evil.

i really like this idea...it makes sense.
cause he's saying to her 'say goodbye'

(Say goodbye)
To the vows you take,
(Say goodbye)
To the life you make,
(Say goodbye)
To the hearts you break,
And all the cyanide you drank.

so its like he's gonna kill her if that makes any sense aha
mikeyXvanity
Killjoy
mikeyXvanity
September 13th, 2007 at 02:52am
the part where it goes,

She drives at 90 by the Barbies and Kens.

I think that it means the person ignores the perfect people, or people who appear perfect.
xxxblckrose
Fabulous Killjoy
xxxblckrose
September 13th, 2007 at 04:49am
mikeyXvanity:
the part where it goes,

She drives at 90 by the Barbies and Kens.

I think that it means the person ignores the perfect people, or people who appear perfect.

yeah, I agree with you, that makes perfect sense
Doodles.
Killjoy
Doodles.
September 18th, 2007 at 02:55am
He calls the mansion, not a house. But she calls it a tomb, for she kills the man.
She's always choking from the stench and the fume. As in the dead body.
The wedding party all collapsed in the room, she proposed, he said no for he's gay.

He's not around. Looking at men.

Her:If you marry me? Him: Would you bury me? Her: Will you carry me? to the end.
Her: Say goodbye. To the vows you take. Say goodbye to the life you made. Say goodbye to heart you break and all the cyanide you drank. She poisoned him with cyanide.

She keeps a picture of a body she lends. killed him. kept him.
She drives at 90's by the barbie's and kens. Aka she killed him, rushed home infront of the gay people.
Her, "If you ever say never". [as in no i will not marry you.] TOO LATE. I'll forget you for diomonds [wedding ring] you ate.

Lost in a coma and covered in cake. well, thats just naughty.
Increase the medication. Goodbye.
Say the vows at the wake. Why didn't you just marry her?

I love this song.And now i get it.
bitchybmcr
Killjoy
bitchybmcr
February 15th, 2008 at 06:19am
i really like this song..accordin to me its about a girl who's kinda like a slut or does a business which involves this "she keeps the picture of the body she lends"...she's independent..and the chorus...

Say goodbye
to the vows you take
say goodbye
to the life you make
say goodbye
to the heart you break
and all the cyanide you drank

tells that in the end she comitted suicide by drinking cyanide...
this song however also tells about a guy whos a homosexual...
and i realle dun noe wat gee was thinkin while writing this song..
XnluvwithvampiresX
Killjoy
XnluvwithvampiresX
March 1st, 2008 at 02:07am
Yup....I didn't feel like reading everything so I don't know if other people put this or not but who cares so here it goes....Well it's a short story and Emily falls in love with a guy named Homor and he's gay cause if you take off ther you get homo(always looking at men) so yeah she decides to kill him wth rat poisaning of somthing and then she dies in her house(calls the mansion not a house but a tomb)because it was to dirty or somthing you can google the story and it will show up...
Switchblade Saint
Salute You in Your Grave
Switchblade Saint
March 3rd, 2008 at 01:02am
Gerard for S.P.E.W.!:
The_Black_Parade:
hm... i think its about a selfish girl, a gay guy, and someone getting married. honestly I HAVE NO CLUE. But seriously... does Gee really need a reason to write a song? Maybe he was just angry about something...

good point, but I believe the song WAS written about the story.

And if you want to actually read the story and decide for yourself, read it here.

And as an add on, she killed him with arsenic not cyanide, as it states in the song/.

But honestly, cyanide rolls off the tongue better. Haha.

Dear G-for-SPEW:
thanks a lot for sharing the link. is it the original story? Anyway i printed it out & im gonna read it. The beginning already sounds promising.
Radio Saturday
Salute You in Your Grave
Radio Saturday
March 6th, 2008 at 10:56am
AVENGE ME.:
Well first of all the cd is about a guy who dies with his lover and goes to hell where he makes a deal with the devil "to bring the devil the corpses of a thousand evil men" so he and his lover can be together in life again.

So I always thought the song is about the guy killing someone evil for the deal. Like the woman(or bride) in the song is kind of like a "black widow" because she marries men that are rich and kills them for their money.
"down by the pool he doesnt have many friends...face down and bloated snap a shot with the lense..." this line is basically saying that she drowned her husband. Then in the second verse it implies that she is using the money she got for his death, "got nasty blistards from the money she spends..." and later the verse states "ill forget all the diamonds you ate. lost in a comma and covered in cake, increase the medication share the vows at the wake..." This tells us that she has had other husbands(victims) that she has killed for money.

And I believe that the song is sung in the point of view of the guy that needs to kill a thousand evil people and he is like mocking her and making fun of her by asking "if you marry me, will you burry me? or Will you carry me to the end" Then he kills her by poisoning her with cyanide.

To some things up this song is about the main character crossing another evil man(or woman) of his list so he can be with his dead lover. And the bride he kills is an example of greed in its strongest form and how it can turn a person to pure evil.

I like this interpretation for the context of the concept. I don't see why the song can't have dual meanings, i.e. simultaneously being about the short story "A Rose for Emily" (which is awesome, incidentally) and relate to the concept.

And yeah, if you haven't read "A Rose for Emily," check it out. Faulkner rocks. Cool
AwwxSugar
Killjoy
AwwxSugar
March 8th, 2008 at 12:34pm
I agree the song is about the novel ''A rose for emily''

I also think it's about how utterly tragic a ''relationship''( if thats what you wanna call it) can be, and why it's so complicated compared to all the other relationship, hence '' Driving 90 passed the barbies and Kens''; it's about how both (in this case) Homer and Emily are disliked by the public, and all emily wants to do is work it out, but homer isn't interested, he's gay.

She killed him, thinking that by killing him, she can be with him forever, obviously she has problems letting go.