Don't have an account? Create one!

Young MCR fans

AuthorMessage
Raven of Azarath
Salute You in Your Grave
Raven of Azarath
November 15th, 2006 at 06:12pm
My younger sister, 10, could have chosen anything or anyone to do her PowerPoint presentation on for school. Whom does she choose? You got it, Gerard Way. So I was just wondering what you people thought about these young fans. Are they too young to be listening to the language and concepts in these MCR cds?
Bayonetta.
Bleeding on the Floor
Bayonetta.
November 16th, 2006 at 01:30am
It depends really, if they are mature enough then sure. I'd encourage it actually but only if the kid is mature enough to handle the swear words and the concepts of the songs. I started listening to MCR since i was in my late 11's.
<3 : D
madame angst
Salute You in Your Grave
madame angst
November 16th, 2006 at 02:02am
Wow. Niiice. Was this because she saw you listening/obsessing over them?
I personally don't think it's so 'bad' to listen to bands like these at young ages. I mean, for them, it may just be the music/sound. But if they can actually understand the concept and such behind it, it's really impressive. Besides, most of our new generation are maturing really fast.
Gerard Way.
In the Cannibal Glow
Gerard Way.
November 16th, 2006 at 02:46am
That's why they have the Parental discretion label on the CD.
MCR_Rocks3000
Fabulous Killjoy
MCR_Rocks3000
November 16th, 2006 at 08:34am
Raven of Azarath:
My younger sister, 10, could have chosen anything or anyone to do her PowerPoint presentation on for school. Whom does she choose? You got it, Gerard Way. So I was just wondering what you people thought about these young fans. Are they too young to be listening to the language and concepts in these MCR cds?

I don't really care, I mean they like them too, and I have much respect for them. Yeah and 10 years old is not too young I know younger people than that listen to all bunch of stuff like My Chem. I don't care about younger fans. They are people too
x_early_x_sunsets_x
Jazz Hands
x_early_x_sunsets_x
November 16th, 2006 at 12:32pm
My little sister is 9 and she says she loves them, but I think it's just because I like them and she copies almost everything I do. It's kinda sweet, but kinda annoying too.
Mrs.Halloween
Salute You in Your Grave
Mrs.Halloween
November 16th, 2006 at 12:54pm
i think it just depends on the kid.
like, my best friend's kid sister is 10, and she is so aware of things!
and she likes mcr, and a lot of other really good bands.

like when her mum was talking to her about me getting a hug off frank at the show, her mum said 'oh aye, and didn't natalie get a hug off that frank leuro boy??'
and fiona (my best friend's wee sister) said 'his name's frank IERO mum!!' haha.

it was so funny.
but i think it realy just depends on the child. like my younger brother is 10 and i doubt he could grasp the concept of mcr, he's kinda chavvy, so maybe that's why.
heh. but still, it just depends on the kid.
Mocker
Salute You in Your Grave
Mocker
November 16th, 2006 at 02:08pm
I agree with the others; it depends on the child. Some kids like it because its good music but others hear some lyrics and dont get the metaphors of the song so they get the wrong impression.

I personally think its fine if the kid likes the music but at the same time they should get limited to certain songs. Thats what i do with my niece. She knows she's not supposed to listen to certain songs because of language and other things. She's a smart kid for her age and she tries hard to understand things and when she does, but doesnt get the reason of the meaning she'll ask me. and ill tell her. I kinda had to sit her down and explain some things. Which thankfully wasnt everything. She's just mostly likes the songs because of how they sound, she doesnt care too much of the story behind the songs. But aside from that she's a really big MCR fan. not just of the music, also the guys. She looks up to gerard in some ways and she just adores frankie. So i think its ok to just go with the flow.But anyway yea, in answer. It just depends on the child. Period.
Raven of Azarath
Salute You in Your Grave
Raven of Azarath
November 16th, 2006 at 08:33pm
x_early_x_sunsets_x:
My little sister is 9 and she says she loves them, but I think it's just because I like them and she copies almost everything I do. It's kinda sweet, but kinda annoying too.

Yeah, that's why my sister likes them. She hasn't even heard half of their songs, she just thinks they're hot. And that's why I'm complaining. Basically the assignment was about heroes who have overcame obstacles. So she's researching his alchoholism and depression.
Smashed Pumpkin
Salute You in Your Grave
Smashed Pumpkin
November 16th, 2006 at 09:51pm
yeah, i think its fine. my 12 year old sister love System of a Down and they swear WAY more then MCR.
Alex DeLarge.
Motor Baby
Alex DeLarge.
November 17th, 2006 at 08:30am
Just like everyone else said,it most definitely depends on the kid. Like, my little brother is 9, and he's so hardcore into MCR it's kinda scary. It's so cute to see his face when he listens, you can tell he's getting it, putting little peices together...and as for the language, it's no big deal to me. It's nothing he hasn't heard from Mom or me or my sister. What's the difference?
kayles
Bleeding on the Floor
kayles
November 17th, 2006 at 05:26pm
my brother listens to them and hes 12. he doesnt get it but hes a bit of a meathead.
but he likes the sound and sometimes i explain to him what theyre going on about but he doesnt care much.
and my little 5 year old cousin and 7 year old cousin (theyre brothers) come into my room sometimes and just headbang. so i guess they like it?
kids listen to much worse things on the radio anyway.
most songs you hear are about sex and "bitches" so why not listen to mcr?
they're not going to fully grasp the concept of it if at all. so if they enjoy the sound i say go for it!
Chemical_Romance
Salute You in Your Grave
Chemical_Romance
November 17th, 2006 at 06:45pm
I don't mind younger fans...But I hate it when the younger fans go on about how MCR saved their lives. Some are way too young to even spell suicide let alone know what it means.
I also hate the fact that Teenies exist...but we all do.
shortbabe
Jazz Hands
shortbabe
November 17th, 2006 at 07:00pm
Hey I think that anyone can be a MCR fan. Except ofcourse anyone under 9 because thats a little to young, and besideds, most the time younger fans are influenced by older siblings. I just like MCR..........no I love MCR!!
Talk to Frank.
Joining The Black Parade
Talk to Frank.
November 17th, 2006 at 07:10pm
my little sis loves mcr and she is only 4 =]
never too young. it all depends on the reason for likein them. =]
shortbabe
Jazz Hands
shortbabe
November 17th, 2006 at 07:14pm
ya thats true I agree
shortbabe
Jazz Hands
shortbabe
November 17th, 2006 at 07:14pm
I guess u can't be 2 young........
sailor spaikae!
Always Born a Crime
sailor spaikae!
November 18th, 2006 at 06:35pm
My friend Abbi just turned four and she practically begs me to turn MCR and stuff on when she comes round.

It's quite sweet actually.
Feel What You Feel.
Bleeding on the Floor
Feel What You Feel.
November 18th, 2006 at 07:55pm
My ten year old cousin likes MCR, but her mom doesn't let her listen to them because of the death theme behind the music. She still got The Black Parade though because of her dad. I think it really depends on the kid. I believe my cousin should be able to listen to MCR, and she shouldn't be able to listen to half the other music out there. It's MUCH worse than MCR, and I think most of the rap/hip-hop songs have themes that I don't want little kids hearing. Heck, I don't want me to hear them! So I'd say MCR is a pretty good choice of music compared to some things.
snagicous
Jazz Hands
snagicous
November 18th, 2006 at 09:31pm
Like previously stated; it depends on the child. I mean, I have my 12 (soon to be 13) sis that listens to MCR; she herself edits the music so her mom would let her listen to it so she wouldn't have to hear Gerard's curse words; she understands the message, and 3/4 of her 7th grade class are gangster wannabes; all they talk about is woman degrading; which Gerard is definitely against. MCR isn't as bad as the other bands or singers that more children idolize (Fergie, Danity Kane) and songs like Show Stopper and Money Maker. She even tells me that the boys do inappropriate moves during school; and the girls don't mind getting their bra straps snapped; they ENJOY IT. It's true what Gee said; "emo boys" have more morals than that. Can you believe albums like "FutureSex/Love Sounds" becoming successful with more of the children of today? It's disugsting.
It's a twisted world.